Happy weekend, y’all! Hope you’re enjoying it so far.
We’re replacing the leach field on our septic. So – yea. Good times! 😉
My card today is a fun one that uses a few free goodies from the 2018 Sale-A-Bration flyer. Namely, the Beautiful Peacock stamp set, a sentiment from the Celebrate You Thinlits and some Bubbles & Fizz DSP. And – I pulled a beautiful die from the Petals & More Thinlits in the 2018 Occasions Catalog. Take a look-see:
The layout was sort of loosely inspired by the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week.
And the color scheme is from the Color Throwdown…
I started with a piece of Peekaboo Peach paper from the Tutti Frutti DSP and used Liquid Glue to adhere it to the front of my Peekaboo Peach card base.
The center strip is from the Bubbles & Fizz DSP (free with a $50 order during Sale-A-Bration), matted on Smoky Slate with Fast Fuse, and adhered to the card front. I wrapped a piece of Peekaboo Peach 5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around the whole card front, securing it on the front with a couple of Glue Dots.
I cut a banner in Whisper White – bannerizing the end with my Banner Triple Punch – and giving it faux stitches with my Peekaboo Peach Stampin’ Write Marker. My sentiment is from the Beautiful Peacock stamp set (Free with a $50 purchase) and the Celebrate You Thinlits (free with a $100 purchase). I inked just “Beautiful” in Basic Gray Archival Ink and stamped it on the banner. Then I inked and stamped “Friend” below it – leaving room for the Celebrate You thinlit die cut. Which is cut from a piece of Myths & Magic 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper and adhered with Liquid Glue.
I stamped the large feather image from the Beautiful Peacock in Bermuda Bay on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Then I added the body of the peacock in Basic Gray and fussy cut the whole thing. On another piece of Whsiepr White, I stamped another peacock body in Basic Gray and fussy cut it – then popped it over the stamped one with some Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I also stamped some feathers in Pool Party on Whisper White and in Bermuda Bay on Pool Party and fussy cut them. Finally, I cut one of the large and lovely leaves from the Petals & More Thinlits in Vellum card stock.
I started building the Beautiful Peacock by adhering the Vellum leaves with some Liquid Glue – then adding the feathers and the peacock himself.
To finish it off, I colored three White Perfect Accents with my Dark Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blend and adhered them to the card front. On the inside, I added a second sentiment from Beautiful Peacock in Basic Gray Archival Ink. I added some faux stitches with my Peekaboo Peach Stampin’ Write Marker. Then I added some more feathers in Pool Party and stamped-off-once Pool Party.
I added another little White Perfect Accent colored in Bermuda Bay, Fast Fuse’d the panel to a Smoky Slate mat and into the Peekaboo Peach card base and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more Beautiful Peacock feathers in Pool Party and a White Perfect Accent on the front…
…and I added more of the Tutti Frutti DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Beautiful Peacocks…Petals & More…and Celebrate You Thinlits. See how well they work with each other – and the Tutti Frutti and Bubbles & Fizz DSPs really just pull it all together, don’t they? Hope you like!
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: DXQNA92T
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Get in on the Ultimate Bundle!
What if you could get anything you wanted – from the Annual Catalog, the Occasions catalog, the Clearance rack? And what if you could get it with like…a 45% savings? And – what if, after you bought that Ultimate Bundle, you could THEN get 20-25% off Every. Single. Thing.
I think you’d be pulling out that credit card!
I am, of course, talking about the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit! It truly is the Ultimate Bundle.
ESPECIALLY right now during Sale–A-Bration.
Let’s look at some facts.
- You spend $99 – and you pick any products you want (the products you pick are 100% up to you!) for a value of $125.
- Because it’s Sale-A-Bration, you ALSO get ANY two stamp sets…FREE. So…if you picked…say…the Letters For You stamp set and the Wood mount Flourishing Phrases – that’s another $99 worth of free goodness!
- Every order thereafter…you save 20%. On everything. And, play your cards right (see what I did there?) you can parlay that to a 25% discount.
- There’s no obligation to sell. Advertise. Blog. Do workshops. Attend events. Do craft shows. Nothing!
- If you meet your quarterly quota – you remain a demonstrator. And keep saving that money!
- If you don’t? Well…you go on your merry way with about $225 worth of goodies tucked in your craft stash. No commitment – no penalty!
- Joining the Critters-N-Creating Krew team is easy – and we are building a great little community of folks who love to stamp and create! We have a fun and exclusive FB page that we share with the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew. We chat and share our projects there. We also have monthly virtual team meetings and quarterly meetings where those of us in the area all get together to have lunch and make fun projects!
- Our team is a mix of folks who joined to get the discount (Hobby Demos) and those who are pursuing a business! So whatever YOUR goal is – you’re most welcome!
- You’ll be joining a super company that’s been around for 30 years! Yep – 2018 is our 30th Anniversary and there’s big happenings in store throughout the year – what a great time to get in on the fun!
- Joining is easy to do – just click here and head on over the Online application! And – if you have any questions while you’re there – or before you go! – drop me a note at email@example.com!
Sale-A-Bration is a pretty big deal, y’all! Check out all the information over on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions page!
Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Special Bundle Sale!
Check out all my special bundles at my Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Bundles page and fill out the form you’ll find there. There are descriptions of each bundle as well as pictures!
Do you love free stuff? We thought so, cuz…hello? Free!!
So, let me let you in on a little-known fact: You can earn Sale-A-Bration rewards when you purchase a 3-, 6-, or 12- month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. In fact, purchasing prepaids may be the best and easiest way to earn free Sale-A-Bration products—especially if you’re new to papercrafting and find the catalog a little intimidating!
Here’s the deets:
Ready to get started? Click right here and you’ll be on your way!
Hope you know what you want for your Sale-A-Bration Freebie! 🙂
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Peekaboo Peach Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 2 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ (mat for DSP strip on card front) 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); 1″ x 4″ (sentiment)
Mthys & Magic 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper: Celebrate You Thinlits die cut sentiment
Pool Party Card Stock: Beautiful Peacock fussy cut feathers
Bubbles & Fizz DSP: 2″ x 5 1/2″ (DSP strip on front)
Tutti Frutti DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″(card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
On Friday my cleaning lady came. Those are my fave days of the week! She leaves and the house smells fresh and clean (cuz it IS fresh and clean!) and I didn’t have to do it!
However, near the end of her time here, I had to do a telecom with my boss and several other folk. So – I went into the back bedroom and shut the door.
Not without my velcro dog, though.
So the telecom took a while.
Finn dealt with it the same way I would have LIKED to deal with it.
Every once in a while he’d look back over his shoulder at me – like…”done yet?”
I’d just shake my head.
Right back to snoozing with a big dog-sigh.
Yea. Me, too, bubby – me, too. 😉