Happy Thursday, y’all – and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! We’ve got a full complement of bloggers for you today, so be sure to check them all out and see how everyone handled our color challenge this week!
Take a gander at the colors we were given:
I decided to use some of the Petal Garden DSP Stack along with the Daisy Delight stamp set and matching Daisy Punch (it WILL be back, folks!) to make a pretty thank you card. Take a look-see:
My layout was inspired by this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.
I started with a simple Whisper White panel that I matted on Old Olive. Near the bottom corner, I stamped the sentiment from Daisy Delight in Calypso Coral ink.
For my middle panel, I used six equal-sized strips of Pool Party paper from the Petal Garden DSP Stack, and adhered them to an Old Olive mat with Liquid Glue. Then I popped the panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
My daisy (I think it’s a Gerbera – and I learned the technique from my friend Jaimie – who’s one of our hoppers today!) is three Daisy Delight flowers inked in Calypso Coral and stamped on some Calypso Coral paper in the Petal Gardens DSP Stack. I punched them out with the Daisy Punch and brushed all the petals with my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. To assemble them, I first curled the petals with a Bone Folder – some down and some up – then I used a Stampin’ Dimensional between each flower to create a stack. Don’t forget to rotate each flower so that all the gaps are filled in with petals!
I used Glue Dots around the back of my flower to wind some Old Olive Baker’s Twine and Gold Metallic Thread around in several loops, then used another Stampin’ Dimensional to pop the flower onto the card front.
I decided it needed a little more oomph, so I stamped a couple of leaves from Daisy Delight in Old Olive on some Whisper White card stock. Then I used the fill-in image in stamped-off-once Old Olive and fussy cut the leaves. I used a little Liquid Glue to stick them into the flower. Finally, I added a Gold Faceted Gem to the middle of the flower and the card front was done.
On the inside, I stamped the Daisy Delight flower image three times in Calypso Coral ink in the corner of a Whisper White panel – rotating the image each time. Then I used my Clear Wink to paint the petals in Calypso Coral. I added a couple of Old Olive leaves – and another Gold Faceted Gem to the middle of the flower.
I Fast Fuse’d the panel to an Old Olive mat and into my Thick Whisper White card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
On the front of my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I added another Calypso Coral Daisy Delight flower and brushed the petals with my Clear Wink of Stella…
…and added some more Petal Garden DSP on the envelope flap!
Et Voila! I couldn’t help it, y’all! Had to use the Daisy Delight stamp set and matching Daisy Punch. And it just goes so perfectly with the Petal Garden DSP. Hope you like!
Now that you’ve seen my project, please take a little time to visit all the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hoppers today!
If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Jari Francis’ page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!
HOST CODE FOR 1 JULY – 15 JULY: JSKNUQGN
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Bonus Days Going on Now!
For every $50 you spend in July (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use in the month of August!
Check out the details:
- There’s no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types (including Demonstrator orders!) qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
Which all means…this is a perfect time to start crossing some of those goodies off that you’ve got on your Wish List!
Still Time to Cash in on the FREE Essentials Pack with a NEW Stamp Set!!
You’ll get more free goodies than Santa’s got in his bottomless bag – all for joining Stampin’ Up! during the Christmas in July promotion!
So – we already know that spending $99 and getting $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! is a heckuva good deal – especially since it also includes Free Shipping (that saves you 10% right there!).
But – add in the Stampin’ Up! Christmas in July Essentials Pack – which you’ll ALSO get for FREE this month and…WOWWWWWW!! THAT’S what I call a Christmas present!
Take a look-see at what you get in the Essentials Pack:
- Paper Snips (this is a $10 value). I flat love these! You’ve seen me make my decorated envelope flaps – this is my go-to tool for that and all my fussy cutting!
- SNAIL Adhesive ($7 value). Easy to use adhesive for almost every task.
- Grid Paper ($11 value). Such a simple thing – and yet….so useful. And you get so many sheets – this one package will last you a LOOOOOONG time!
- Two Clear “D” Blocks ($17 value). Keep one. Give one away to a friend! Or…you know. Keep them both for yourself! 😉
- Bone Folder ($7 value). An oft-overlooked but essential tool for scoring, folding or curling!
- BONUS (and this is HUGE!): Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the upcoming holiday catalog ($20 value). I suspect this one could be your go-to for the Holidays. And you’ll get it early so you can get a head start on your Christmas Cards. Take a look-see:
So….you get $72 worth of tools for free – meaning your $125 Starter Kit can include all the FUN stamp sets and bundles and paper and and and…that you WANT! SU!’s covering what you NEED! Cool, huh?
And – of course, when you join with me, you become part of a wonderful group of ladies – in my direct team and as part of Amy’s team!
What else will you get?? Well …
- You’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all of your orders – and it can go even higher! And with all your orders, you can save even more – earning Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on more free goodies!
- Your Starter Kit can be any products you want – from any active catalog – including bundles (yep – save another 10%!)! And we’ve got some great ones. Check ’em out right here.
- You get about 30 minutes to test drive a car. With Stampin’ Up! – you get about SIX MONTHS to enjoy the bennies of being a demonstrator! Whaaaaa? Yep – you have from the time you join until the end of your first full Stampin’ Up! quarter to take advantage of the demonstrator discounts and benefits. July is the start of a quarter – the end of the first full quarter is 31 Dec. So you’ll have until 31 Dec to reach your first $300 in sales to renew for Jan – March.
- No commitment – and no penalty if you decide to drop! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter (31 Dec), you renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. If you don’t – you can “drop” with no penalty. Cool beans!
- You get to order early from the new catalogs. All demonstrators have the chance to pre-order select goodies from each new catalog!
- You’ll be invited to join our private Facebook community – where we chat, ask questions, share projects and win fun prizes!
- Our group meets each month via Google Hangout – join or not – up to you!! But – you’ll want to take part – we have a great time together!
- Oh – and if you stick around….you might earn a cruise…or a trip to Italy…or…who knows what will come for 2019 and beyond!?!
- And – you get me! I’m always available to answer questions – help you out – or just talk!
You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain – so…why not give it a try? Drop me a note at Stamps-N-Lingers@comcast.net if you have any questions!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:<!— TAMS
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Thick Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, score and fold at 5 1/2″)
Old Olive Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 2 3/8″ x 3 1/8″ (mat for center panel)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner)
Petal Garden DSP Stack: 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ (x 6 – strips on center panel); Daisy Punch flower on front; Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!