Happy Hawwmp day, y’all, from sunny/rainy/cloudy/sunny/breezy/humid/pleasant/rainy Florida. The weather has been changeable at best! Humid almost always. Much more so than I like, to be honest.
And the no-seeums are everywhere! And – I can totally see-um. So why the name? It’s kinda dumb.
My card for today is very springy-summery. And uses a lovely new Host Set – the Tranquil Tulips set. On top of that – or on the bottom, as the case my be – I used the new Marbled background stamp. I love background stamps! Take a look-see:
My layout – and the tulips – are inspired by the sketch and photo at the Fusion Challenge.
And the color scheme (even though it really works with the Fusion picture, too!) is from The Paper Players challenge.
I started by sponging Pool Party and Daffodil Delight ink onto the Marbled Background stamp using my Sponge Daubers. I didn’t do a lot of planning on where I was putting color – just kind of randomly sponged it on. Then I stamped it onto a Whisper White panel for my card front. It’s a very soft color scheme!
I SNAILd the Marbled panel to a Daffodil Delight mat.
For my art work, I cut a smaller piece of Whisper White card stock and used my Paper Trimmer to create the angled bottom.
Then I started stamping flowers! Both the tulip and the small blue flower are two-step images. I stamped the Tranquil Tulip tulip in Daffodil Delight and the smaller flower in Pool Party – both steps in the same color. The stamps themselves create the shading! I did use my Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker to darken the small flowers a little!
I stamped the stems in Lemon-Lime Twist and called it good on the flowers!
To make the “lace” border, I used the new Decorative Ribbon Border punch to cut out a few strips of Whisper White. I snipped them to size and used Liquid Glue to adhere them on the backside of my panel. Then I popped the whole thing over the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To finish it off, I tied a little bow from the new Lemon-Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot. I dithered a little about adding another embellishment of some sort, but decided to leave it clean. So, that was it for the card front.
On the inside, I added a few more Tranquil Tulip flowers in Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Lemon-Lime Twist on a Whisper White panel. And I added a sentiment from the Feather Together stamp set – stamping it in Lemon-Lime Twist.
I matted the panel on Daffodil Delight and into my Thick Whisper White card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got some more Tranquil Tulip flowers on the front…
…and a little more of the Daffodil Delight and Pool Party Marbled Background on the envelope flap. Plus a few more Pool Party flowers (I gave each of them a quick “stem” with my Lemon-Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Marker)!
Et Voila! I think the Marbled Background stamp, done in Daffodil Delight and Pool Party is a beautiful, soft base for the pretty Tranquil Tulips, don’t you? Hope you like!
HOST CODE FOR 1 JUNE – 15 JUNE: YZJ2HB6A
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
2017-2019 Annual Catalog Launch Ordering Special – Ends Tomorrow!!
Until the close-of-business on 15 June – I’m offering DOUBLE Peppermint Points on all orders over $50 (before shipping and tax) placed thru my Online Store.
But wait!! There’s MORE!! 😳😳😳
If your order is over $100 (before shipping and tax blah blah) – then I’ll pick up your shipping!!
Yep – you read me right. Order over $100 and I’ll give you DOUBLE Peppermint Rewards Points (that’ll be at least EIGHT points!) AND FREE SHIPPING!!
These specials are all in addition to the gifts that all my customers receive…
- My usual $10 gift of your choice as an ordering thank you
- And, of course, one of my handmade cards and envelopes – left blank so you can use it yourself. Or CASE it!!
Here are the three ways you can order and receive your free shipping rebate:
- Place your $100+ order directly through my online store, and:
– Provide me with your mailing address and I’ll send you a check to rebate your shipping costs
– Provide me with your PayPal account e-mail and I’ll send you your rebate via PayPal
- Send me your order via email, I’ll deduct the shipping costs and send you an invoice through PayPal.
- Send me your order via email and let me know that you’d prefer to pay with a credit card. I’ll contact you to make arrangements and I’ll deduct the shipping costs from your order total.
If you place your order online, don’t forget to add my host code (if your order is under $150) to get your free gift! If your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift.
Earn an ADDITIONAL $35 in Stampin’ Rewards During our Host Rewards Promotion!!
We’ve got a great Host Rewards Promotion fixin’ to happen in the month of June! For workshop or individual orders of $350 – you’re going to get an EXTRA $35 in Host cash/Stampin’ Rewards to spend!!
- Promotion dates: June 1–30
- To participate in the Book-A-Thon, join the Party Planning Facebook page by May 30.
- Workshop, Demonstrator, Customer, and online orders all qualify for this promotion
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion, however the extra Stampin’ Rewards can be used towards the purchase of the Starter Kit.
- The qualifying amount must be reached with commissionable merchandise prior to shipping and tax
- The additional Stampin’ Rewards offered during this promotion will only be awarded once per order
- Make sure you open and close your orders during the timeframe of this promotion (June 1-30) to earn the extra Stampin’ Rewards
Here’s a link to a flyer with all the details!
Interested in being a host and gathering up those host dollars – but…you don’t live in Fayetteville, GA?!?
Now’s a great time do to a Catalog Launch Party!
1. Gather up some friends – near or far
2. I’ll send them a new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog
3. We’ll give them some time to browse and pick their favorites
4. They place their orders thru my online store, using the Host Code I’ll give them
5. YOU cash in when you close your Workshop!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:<!— TAMS Start —
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Thick Whisper White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, score and fold at 4 1/4″)
Daffodil Delight Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 3″ x 3 7/8″ (art layer – angled and cut to 2 1/4″ on each side to make the angle); Decorative Ribbon Border Punch
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn-Fan Fix…on a break for a minute. We’ll be back in August – or if Wayne sends me some pictures and stories!!
Oh, so pretty Mary! Love that marbled background and the soft colors are just perfect! 🙂