Mornin’, y’all – welcome to another edition of the Happy Stampers Blog Hop. We had a fun sketch challenge to play with this week – are you seeing the trend? Color – sketch – color – sketch… 😉 Hope you’ll take a little browse thru everyone’s projects today – all the links are down below!
But first…here’s the sketch:
I kinda turned this one on it’s head. Or….it’s side, I suppose it really was! I pulled out the Floral Phrases stamp set – and the Flourish Thinlits. And a teensy little bit of Floral Boutique DSP. Which helped me to craft my colors. Take a look-see at what I came up with:
I made this a blank-on-the-inside thank you card, so I could tailor it for whatever thank-you need I come up with!
I started by cutting a Night of Navy card base – and then I cut the edge framelits from the Flourish Thinlits down near the bottom. Just to be sure I could do what was in my head, I didn’t do any stamping until I’d gotten all the card cuts done…
I SNAILd a piece of Whisper White card stock to some Smoky Slate – and then lined the cut in my card base up with that stacked panel – and cut the Flourish Thinlit again.
On the inside, I SNAILd another Whisper White/Smoky Slate panel together and SNAIL that into the card base (now folks – you gotta know this just made me suck up my seat cushion! I put my liners in last – not first!! But – I had to do it for this card!). I put a bunch of little dots of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue on the back of the Night of Navy Flourish die cut, closed the card up and then laid the glued-up die cut into the hole created by cutting it. Then I carefully opened the card, being sure the die cut stayed on the liner….
With that done, I went back to my card front.
I inked up the pretty floral image from Floral Phrases in Night of Navy and, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, stamped it in the middle of the Whisper White card front. You have to love this image – Stampin’ Up! has cut this stamp so perfectly that it automatically gives you different gradients of color.
I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig again to stamp the sentiment in Smoky Slate under my flower image.
I used Stampin’ Dimensionals – and a generous number of them! – to pop the card front on my card base, being sure to align the die cut opening. If you do this, be sure to get the Dimensionals on either side of the die cut-out and give those little points lots of support! 🙂
Then I spent a little time fighting my more-is-better mentality. I liked all the white space – but….more more MORE!!
I finally got it reined in and settled for a couple of Enamel Shapes – one in Night of Navy and two in Soft Sky. And I called it good! 🙂
On my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I ran a strip of Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape across the front…
…and used the Floral Boutique DSP design that closely matches my Floral Phrases image to make a custom envelope flap.
Et Voila! While this stamp set (Floral Phrases) and thinlits (Flourish Thinlits) don’t “go” together, I think this card shows that so many of SU!’s products can be mixed and matched to make new and beautiful projects! I hope you like it! 🙂
Card cuts and all the products you need to make this one for yourself are at the bottom of this post…
Now that you’ve seen my card, please take a little time to visit all the Happy Stampers Team blogs today!
If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Jari Francis’ page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!
HOST CODE FOR 14 Jul – 31 Jul 16: J62ZFZYG
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
For every $50 you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August. This is the first time Stampin’ Up! has offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
NOTE: Bonus Days coupon codes will be delivered via email, so an email address is required to participate in this promotion. Stampin’ Up! cannot resend emails with coupon codes, so make sure you save the email and write down the codes in a safe place so you don’t miss out on the coupons you earn.
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email. Stampin’ Up! strongly recommends that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Email addresses must still be provided in order to qualify for Bonus Days coupons during the promotion period.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Promotion Deadlines: July 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Night of Navy Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Floral Boutique DSP: envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
So pretty Mary! Neat idea to use the cutout for a peek at the inside of the card. Great colors too!