Happy Hawwwmp Day! The week is half over. Or…considering that I have Friday off – it’s Over-The-Hawwmp Day! And I have the weekend off. And Monday! So…I am totally psyched to have 4 entire days – in a ROW! – to rest and sleep and make cards and maybe….join 3 million of my closest friends to eat at The Olde Pink House again…. and – did I mention sleeping? 😉
Today’s card is really fun. And so ridiculously easy that if you haven’t ever made one – the second that you see the “trick” you’ll be all “why the heck didn’t I do that sooner??” I used a couple of stamp sets on this one….Painter’s Palette (new on 1 June), Suite Sayings, and Watercolor Words. Take a look-see:
So – before I show you the innards, let’s talk about the front, okay? I started by SNAILing a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to a Flirty Flamingo mat. And then to a Basic Black mat.
I stamped the artist easel from the Painters Palette stamp set, in Dapper Denim. And then I made some “art” for it!
My art is loosely – okay very loosely! – based on Van Gogh’s The Starry Night painting. No – really. I googled it and everything! 🙂
I took a small square of Dapper Denim card stock, and made three swathes of Night of Navy with the image in Painter’s Palette. For my “stars”, I stamped the splatters image – also in Painter’s Palette – in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated it up. Finally, for the “swirling galaxies” – I cut a Swirly Scribbles die cut from a piece of Gold Foil and adhered it – and a few of the scraps left from the die cut! – onto the front. I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue for the “scraps” and then lots of little tiny pieces of Stampin’ Dimensional to pop the biggest “galaxy” up a little.
I know – you think I’m probably ready to cut my ear off so I can be just like him, right? Since my art is just so darned close to his… 😉
To make the easel look like a “real” painter’s easel – I heat embossed in gold some of the splatters and a swatch image. But then it mostly got covered up, so….worth doing? Meh…..
Anywho – I heat embossed the little thumb tack image from Painter’s Palette in Black on a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it. Then I SNAILd the “art” to the easel and popped the little thumb tack on with a piece of Stampin’ Dimensional. Just so you know – I didn’t cut the pointy little pin with the thumbtack. Once it was on – I used my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to draw one in!
The sentiment, from Suite Sayings, is heat embossed in clear. I first inked my stamp with Versamark and then with Flirty Flamingo, stamped it on the card front and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder. To finish it off, I colored in the little leaves with my Dapper Denim Stampin’ Write Marker.
Now. Ready to see the fun part?? 😉
How cool is that? And it’s so so easy! All I did was cut my basic card base – from Night of Navy – at 4 1/4″ x 11″. I scored and folded it – as usual – at 5 1/2″. Then I added a second score/fold at 8 3/8″.
Then, just adhere the card front to the smaller portion of the card – I used SNAIL. Then create the inside of the card and the easel “stop”!
The inside is a stack of mats, just like the front. Very Vanilla matted on Flirty Flamingo, matted on Basic Black. Then I SNAILd it into the card base.
I scattered some splotches in Flirty Flamingo across the top of the panel and built my little stop/sentiment. That’s from the Watercolor Words stamp set, stamped in Flirty Flamingo on a piece of Very Vanilla. Just for fun, I added a couple of little swathes from Painter’s Palette in Dapper Denim. Then I matted it on Basic Black and popped it on the inner liner with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I “measured” where I wanted the easel to rest when it was open and made sure my stop was placed such that it would make that happen. It was highly scientific!
And that was it for the card!
The Very Vanilla Medium Envelope is decorated on the front with more Painter’s Palette images in Flirty Flamingo and Dapper Denim…
…and did the same on the inside flap!
Et Voila! How easy was that? And yet – when you show this card to folks who don’t know “the secret” – they’re amazed and mystified! Mind….blown! And they think it took several hours to make the card! Now – that’s my kinda card! Look like a genius – but no real effort involved. You’re welcome! 🙂
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 May – 31 May 16: NK9FHKCF
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
THREE TWO SPACES TO FILL FOR THE
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”! In your month – you’ll be eligible to purchase Host-exclusive stamp sets!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or email@example.com
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
Time’s running out to get in on the Online Host Club – I plan to start it on 1 June. I’ve got three folks signed up right now – need three more to fill out this club! If you want to be one of those folks – let me know soon, okay? 🙂
See y’all tomorrow! 🙂
The Entire Month of June is a GREAT Time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Join in June and receive TWO FREE STAMP SETS (from the brand new catalog!) of your choice (no bundles or kits, sorry!), over and above the items you selection in your Starter Kit! That makes this a really great time to join!
Click the picture and get all the info!
COMING 1 JUNE!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Or – you can even use your Stampin’ Rewards towards your Starter Kit!!
Check it out!
We can even do an Online Catalog workshop – give me a holler and we can chat about it, okay?
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Painter’s Palette stamp set, 2016-2017 In Color inks and card stock, and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits will be available 1 June! 🙂
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Night of Navy Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and 8 3/8″)
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ (“Stop” mat)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (front art panel and inner liner); 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (“stop” mat)
Flirty Flamingo Card Stock: 4″ x 5 3/8″ (second mat for card front and inner liner)
Dapper Denim Card Stock: 2″ square (“Van Gogh Art”)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!