We did it, y’all! We survived another work week and made it to the weekend! I’m going to catch up on sleep and prep for another week of early work days!
As befits a quiet, restful weekend, my card today is quick and easy! And you only need one stamp set and some paper. And you can get that stamp set on 1 June – which is approximately…..tomorrow!
Not really. But danged close to it – only a week and a half before the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog goes live! And in just one week – if I get just a couple more folks – the next Online Host Club will begin!!
So today’s card uses a stamp set called Perfectly Wrapped. Add in some Cherry on Top and Everyday Chic DSP, and….this is what you get. Take a look-see:
I played along with a couple of challenges for this one. The first is a design challenge from Mojo Monday. Challenge #448:
And the second is a Color Challenge, from Pals Paper Arts, #301:
I began the card by SNAILing a piece of the Everyday Chic DSP to a panel of Crushed Curry. Using my Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker, I colored all the little flowers that I figured would be visible when all the elements of the card were in place.
Then I pulled out a Bermuda Bay design from the Cherry On Top DSP Stack. Both of these papers are retiring on the 31st! I matted that one on Crushed Curry and SNAILd it to the card front.
For the top panel, I used the two-step flower image in the Perfectly Wrapped (coming on 1 June!) stamped set. I stamped the first image – the larger flower – in Pool Party all over my Whisper White panel. Then I came back with the smaller flower – that I inked up with Bermuda Bay ink and stamped off once before stamping on the card panel. These are photopolymer so lining them up is easy peasy! 🙂
I SNAILd that to its Crushed Curry mat and then used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere it to the card front.
For the sentiment circle, I first stamped the little dotted circle image from Perfectly Wrapped in Pool Party on Whisper White. The sentiment itself is stamped in Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry. These are two separate stamps. Once the sentiment was in place, I cut it out with my 2″ Circle Punch.
Using my 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch (retiring on 31 May), I made a Crushed Curry mat and SNAILd my sentiment circle to it. Then I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue – and some Stampin’ Dimensional (under the very far edge where the circle hangs “off” the other two mats – to adhere it over the panels. The final piece was the addition of a Rhinestone Basic Jewel and the card front was done! 🙂
On the inside, I stamped the dotted circle in Pool Party, and added the same Pool Party/Bermuda Bay flower inside that. The sentiment – also from Perfectly Wrapped! – is inked in Crushed Curry.
I SNAILd that panel into a Basic Black card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done! See? Quick and easy. 🙂
For the Medium Whisper White Envelope, I just repeated the fun Pool Party/Bermuda Bay flower from Perfectly Wrapped on the front. When I did this one, I got the bright idea to dot the centers of the flowers with my Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Marker (so then I went and did it to all the flowers on the card!)…
…and added a liner cut from a Cherry On Top DSP Stack paper, using my Envelope Liner Framelit.
Et Voila! As promised – simple. Very few steps. And yet? A totally fun card. About time for something quick and easy from me, right? 😉
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 May – 31 May 16: NK9FHKCF
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO JOIN MY
ONLINE HOST CLUB!
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
I’ve still got some slots in my Catalog Shares – as well as the Online Host Club – so….take a look!
Enjoy your Saturday and I’ll see you tomorrow!
COMING 1 JUNE!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Check it out!
We can even do an Online Catalog workshop – give me a holler and we can chat about it, okay?
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Perfectly Wrapped stamp set will be available on 1 June!
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Crushed Curry Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front and inner liner mats); 2 1/2″ x 4″ (Cherry on Top panel mat); 3 1/2″ square (stamped Whisper White panel mat); 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle (sentiment mat)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 3/8″ square (stamped Whisper White panel); 2″ Circle (Sentiment)
Cherry on Top DSP: 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (bottom panel on front); envelope liner
Everyday Chic DSP Stack: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Nice, job, Mary! I love the coloring on the Everyday Chic DSP as it does tie it together! I really like the Perfectly Wrapped set, too! Pretty 🙂
Thanks, Jari!! 🙂
Fun card and great layers/sentiment, too! Thanks for playing along with the Pals color challenge this week!
Thanks, Windy! 🙂
Awesome card Mary! Love this CAS design, great colors too! 🙂
Thanks, Amy!! 🙂
Like black and turq…nice use of the combo.
Thanks, Mom! 🙂
Beautiful! My favorite part? The inside! So sweet. Thank you for playing with the color team this week for PPA301!
Love the way you’ve combined these challenges and maybe I’m partial, but I love your choice of stamp sets. Thanks for sharing with Pals Paper Arts.
Such a great card, Mary! I love this layout. Great showcase of this new stamp set, too! Thanks for playing along with this week’s Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!