Good morning! Hope your week is going well – it’s almost over so hang in there!
My card share today makes use of a new stamp set called Sitting Here. It’s a wonderful set that will let you create little scenes of southern serenity and porch-swing living. I added some Helping Me Grow florals and collage-y elements. Take a look-see:
To begin, I made the vintage-looking card front. I used Crumb Cake ink and stamped the large Helping Me Grow floral image all over the Very Vanilla panel – making sure to turn the image every which way and to go off the panel, too. Then I used my Aqua Painter to pull some of the ink, and also picked up some more ink from the lid of the ink pad, to lightly color the blossoms.
I added the sentiment “Friend” and the postage images several time to the panel, also in Crumb Cake and tore the edges. Then I sponged the panel with more Crumb Cake and stapled it to a Mossy Meadow card stock panel.
For the focal art panel, I stamped the kitty and the flower pot onto sticky notes, and fussy cut them – creating masks. Then I layered the images – using the masks – to create the scene you see. I first stamped the flower pot in Soft Suede ink, in the bottom corner of a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Then I kind of estimated where the cat would be when I added the swing – and stamped him, also in Soft Suede.
I placed my pre-cut sticky note masks over the images and then stamped the Sitting Here swing in Soft Suede. Miraculously, when I pulled the masks off – the image was what I wanted! The kitty, sitting on the swing, with the flower pot in front. You just have to think thru where everything wants to be – and the photopolymer stamps make it easy to get everything lined up!
I colored the images with my Aqua Painter using the following colors:
- Soft Suede – for the swing
- Delightful Dijon – fur-kid on the swing
- Island Indigo – flower pot and stripes in the swing cushion
- Sweet Sugarplum – flowers
- Pear Pizzazz – leaves
- Mossy Meadow – “ground” under the flower pot/swing
- Soft Sky – uhm….sky 🙂
I stamped the sentiment from Sitting Here in Mossy Meadow and then used a Sponge Dauber to lightly flick Crumb Cake around the edges of the panel. Then I SNAILd it to a Mossy Meadow mat and popped it on the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The embellishments are a little length of Venetian Crochet Trim – adhered with a bit of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue – then a Very Vintage Designer Button adhered over that. Finally, I added a bow made from some Gold Metallic Baker’s Twine. These are all retiring at the end of the month – so grab ’em up while you can! 🙂
On the inside, I sponged the edges of a Very Vanilla panel with Crumb Cake and then stamped the Sitting Here flower pot in the corner in Soft Suede Ink. I colored the pot the same as I’d done the one on the front, SNAILd the panel to a Mossy Meadow mat and thence into my Very Vanilla card base.
I popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
The Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got another Sitting Here flower pot – and a kitty. I stamped them and colored them exactly like I’d done on the card…
…and instead of a liner, I hid one kitty inside the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I think this is going to be a wildly popular stamp set – the prettiness factor is off the charts!
Scroll on down and I give you the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 May – 15 May 16: 6WVSHFR7
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
Tomorrow is Happy Stampers Blog Hop day – we’ll all go live at 7am Eastern – so I’ll see you back here then!
Hope your Wednesday is wonderful and I’ll see you tomorrow!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Sitting Here stamp set and Sweet Sugarplum Ink will be available 1 June! Or it’s part of the pre-order if you’re a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! 🙂
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base; scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (then torn for the card front and inner liner – not torn); 3″ x 3 1/2″ (focal art panel);
Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front and inner liner mats); 3 1/8″ x 3 5/8″ (mat for focal art panel)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!