Mike Mike Mike Mike MIKE! Guess what day it is?!? It’s LAST-HAWP-DAY-OF-2015-DAY!!
I’ve been screwed up on what day it is since Christmas! Christmas just happened on the wrong day of the week for me. So I’ve been messed up – hopefully I’ll remember when Friday is and eat my black eyed peas and greens! 🙂
Today I have a card that combines Bloomin’ Love – from the 2016 Occasions Catalog – and Sky Is The Limit – from the Sale-A-Bration Flyer. I ended up with a really clean and simple card, that I think you’ll like! Take a look-see:
I played along with Stamp, Ink, Paper for this one – Challenge #28 is wide-open. Pretty much anything that is NOT a Christmas Card! Be sure to check it out – there’s no telling what people will share for this one…
I started with a Whisper White card stock panel, onto which I stamped – in Basic Black Archival Ink – the airplane image from Sky Is The Limit (available starting 5 Jan 16 as a Sale-A-Bration free item!). I stamped it going off the panel on purpose. Then I stamped the image again on a scrap piece of Whisper White and fussy cut the wings and the propeller – making sure to keep the parts all together as one piece. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals – cut into small pieces so you can’t see them – to pop the wings/propeller up off the card front! Then I turned the panel over and cut the excess part of the wing off with my Paper Snips.
It’s a pretty cool result – the plane really looks like it’s flying right off the paper! 🙂
I inked up the sky writing image in Tempting Turquoise and stamped it behind the airplane. Cuz putting it in front of the plane would have been a little weird! 😉
The sentiment is from Bloomin’ Love (available 5 Jan 16). I inked up just the sentiment – keeping the heart that’s part of this stamp clean – in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Since it’s a photopolymer set, I didn’t even need my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get it lined up where I wanted it!
I SNAILd the panel to a piece of Perfectly Artistic DSP (Sale-A-Bration) – one of the Tempting Turquoise pieces – and wrapped a piece of Basic Black 3/8″ Striped Satin Ribbon around the panels, securing it in the back with scotch tape. Then I made a faux bow (currently one of my favorite things to do!) by wrapping a short length of the ribbon around the first piece, and tying a snug knot.
I added a little bling by adhering a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the middle of the heart and using some Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details to highlight the propeller. Like it was metal catching the glint of the sun. Or something like that!
For the inside, I SNAILd another panel of Whisper White to a panel of Perfectly Artistic Paper. Then I stamped the sentiment from Bloomin’ Love in Tuxedo Black. I used some more Tempting Turquoise to stamp a bunch of little Sky Is The Limit clouds around the sentiment – some “full strength” and some stamped a second time without re-inking. Then I used the little heart image from Bloomin’ Love to add some Blushing Bride hearts.
Finally, I laid this panel right next to the card front (not yet attached to a card base!) and lined up a second length of the Basic Black ribbon – so that both pieces are in the same spot on the card, and wrapped it around the inner liner, securing it in the back with scotch tape.
I SNAIld that into my Whisper White card base and popped the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
For the Whisper White Medium Envelope, I used more Tempting Turquoise clouds and Blushing Bride hearts on the front…
…and added a liner from the Perfectly Artistic DSP (all in Tempting Turquoise), cutting it with my Envelope Liner Framelits. I stamped some more Tempting Turquoise clouds on the liner. Just cuz they’re cute!
Et Voila! Sky Is The Limit joins Bloomin’ Love for a Valentine’s Day card – or a “you know, I really love you and if I had an airplane I’d sky-write you a message” card. 🙂 Hope you like!
I don’t mean to belabor the issue, but time is growing very short for the Occasions Catalog Shares. Monday’s only a few days away!
Have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow for the weekly Happy Stampers Blog Hop! We’ll go live at 7am Eastern. Hope to see you then!
15 Dec – 5 Jan 16 Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 29 Dec – 4 Jan 16!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 4 Jan!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of all the goodies, and get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S CARD:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
Perfectly Artistic DSP: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 24 Dec 15
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,191 backordered; 6,688 expected) (due to quality issues, we probably won’t see these in stock until the end of February)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)
I love this Mary! Fantastic CAS card, the little bow adds the perfect touch. Awesome layout, great design! 🙂
Thanks a lot, Amy! I thought it turned out cute. 🙂
Mary I love love your card!! The plane really does look like its flying off the card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper 🙂
Thanks so much, Ginger! 🙂
Awesome card Mary! I love how you used the airplane! It’s one of my favorite designs with this stamp set yet! Thanks so much for sharing and for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Anything But Christmas Challenge!
Thanks so much, Tina! As you guys said – time to do something (anything!) besides Christmas!! I love it, but…was ready to move on. 🙂
Love your card. Just makes me smile!! I can’t wait to get that set, love the plane….and love what you did with it. So cute!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!
Thanks, Lisa! 🙂