Well – Christmas is a distant, food-coma memory!
Okay – well, maybe not. Not a distant memory – but a food-coma certainly! I’m home from dinner – the kitchen is finally clean. You’d have thought I did the entire dinner – for 20 people! – instead of a couple of sides and the prime rib. And grew the sweet potatoes. Shelled the pecans. Threw the pottery for the casserole dishes. Holy smokes! I’m pretty sure I used every freakin’ dish, pan, pot, utensil and serving dish in my kitchen. 🙁
But – that’s all done now.
So, since I’m whupped and the day is late, I’m going to be lazy. Instead of trying to make a new card, I thought I’d share with you the technique I used for the card I posted on Christmas Day. It’s real easy – and kind of fun. I used Sassy Salutations for my sentiment. I’d say take-a-look-see, but that seems redundant since you look-see’d it yesterday!
I started with a piece of Canson 90b cold press watercolor paper – you can get it at Michael’s or any Hobby/Craft shop. I inked up my Sassy Salutations sentiment with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Once it had cooled a little, I pulled out my Aqua Pen and flooded the whole sentiment area with water. No ink yet!
Then, I squeezed my Real Red ink pad (with it closed, obviously!), which squished the top into the ink pad, and got ink on the inside of the top lid. When you open the pad, there’s ink there that you can pick up with a Blender Pen or, as we’re going to do for this card, an Aqua Pen!
I got the end of my Aqua Pen wet again by squeezing the barrel of the pen, and then picked up a little of the Real Red ink off the top of the pad. Then I just touched it to the puddle of water on the card. I didn’t even have to “stir” – the water just kind of pulls the color around. I won’t bore you with the scientific reason that it does that – just trust me that it does!
I kept doing it until I was happy with the color, then I gave it a little hit with my Heat Tool to help it dry.
I SNAILd it to a Garden Green card stock mat and wrapped a length of Garden Green 1/8″ Striped Ribbon around the card front. I adhered a Home for Christmas Button with Glue Dots to the card, and then stuck a little bow on top of that!
I popped it onto a Whisper White Note Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, added a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels and I was done!
The card is very basic – the technique is the thing to take away from this post. You could do this with almost any image or sentiment – and have a really good time with the colors!
This technique is called Emboss Resist. You heat emboss an image and then it “resists” the color you put over it. You can do it with watercolor, or with a sponge, or with a brayer! Here’s another example of the watercolor version. Yes, I CASEd my card from this one – it was in our most recent Stampin’ Success magazine (just one benefit of being a SU! Demonstrator!).
Also – in case you’re in a hurry, try out the fun specialty paper we have for you, with the designs already embossed for your coloring pleasure. Like the Color Me Irresistible DSP in the Annual Catalog! Pull it out, sponge it up and go. Easy peasy.
So – try this technique some day soon, will you?
If this is your day to return gifts or grab up post-Christmas bargains – be safe! And have fun!
See you tomorrow!
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 22 Dec – 28 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 28 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S CARD: (Watercolor Paper is not Stampin’ Up!)
Whisper White Note Card
Garden Green Card Stock: 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″ (card front mat)
Canson 90lb cold pressed watercolor paper: 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ (card front)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 24 Dec 15
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,191 backordered; 6,688 expected)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)