Mike Mike Mike Mike MIKE!
That’s right – it’s HAWMP day again! Two more days till the weekend. Then one more week. Then – in theory! – home! Not that I’m counting or anything!! 🙂
I hope that you guys are making progress on your Christmas preparations and present getting and card making!
Today’s card is another sneak peek of the new Botanical Builder Framelits and the Botanical Gardens DSP. For the sentiment, I used the One Big Meaning stamp set from the 2015 Annual Catalog. I love that set – the sentiments are so fun and the fonts are wonderful. Take a look-see:
I drew my design inspiration from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #269:
I started by SNAILing a piece of the new Botanical Gardens DSP to a panel of Mossy Meadow card stock. Then I ran that thru my Big Shot, with the fun edge die along the bottom edge of the layered paper. When I pulled it out, it left a really fun leafy edge for my card front!
For the diagonal elements, I used three strands of Basic Black 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon, that I adhered with scotch tape on the back of the card stock. Then, I wrapped some Venetian Crochet Trim around two pieces – adhering them in the back, too (conserving the ribbon). The middle piece got three wraps of Old Olive Baker’s Twine.
The sentiment, from One Big Meaning, is stamped on a second piece of the Botanical Gardens DSP – a kind of linen-y design in Hello Honey. I stamped it in Cajun Craze. I also stamped some of the little flowers from the Botanical Blooms stamp set. I stamped it a few times in Crushed Curry, a couple in Cajun Craze and once or twice in Mint Macaron – just until it looked about right to add a little pizzazz under the flowers I knew were going to go there! Then I SNAILd it to a Mossy Meadow mat and stuck it over the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the flower embellishments, I cut several of the fun flower dies from the same patterns of the DSP I’d used on the rest of the card. This die set is so much fun – the large flower and the medium flower are both from a die that cuts a double petal.
Before I built each flower, I folded and curled each petal. You can see from the next picture how I layered all the flowers. I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to get everything stuck together and then stuck a Pearl Basic Jewel in the center of each flower. For the larger one, I used a few Glue Dots on the back to adhere several loops of Old Olive Baker’s Twine – and then I stuck it on the card front with Liquid Glue. The medium flower is adhered the same way. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the final, smallest flower. The final touch was the addition of a few more Pearl Basic Jewels on the sentiment panel.
On the inside, I SNAILd a piece of Whisper White card stock to a panel of Mossy Meadow and then ran it thru the Big Shot with the Botanical Builder edge die – just like I’d done on the card front. I left the cut-out piece attached to the large panel – and SNAILd the whole thing into my Crushed Curry card base. Then I popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
I used a Whisper White Medium Envelope and stamped more Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Mint Macaron Botanical Blooms flower-dy images on the front….
…and then I added a liner with more of the Botanical Gardens DSP, cut with the Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! Another example of some of the really fun things that can be done with the Botanical Gardens suite – coming soon in the 2016 Occasions Catalog! And – this is a particularly fun bundled suite – when you buy the bundle (for $51.75) you get the Botanical Blooms stamp set, the Botanical Builder Framelits AND the Botanical Blooms Designer Series Paper. Yes, you read me right! With this bundle – you also get the DSP! But wait – there’s more! Since the bundle is just over $50 – this one addition to your stash will also get you a FREE pick from the Sale-A-Bration catalog! Perhaps you’d choose the Botanicals For You stamp set – that coordinates perfectly with this bundle! I’ll be giving you a Sneak Peek of that set on Friday! 🙂
I’ve added a bunch of pictures of the Designer Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments available in the 2016 Occasions Catalog – over on the Shares page. Give it a gander and get signed up soon to reserve your sampling of these fun new products!
Stampin’ Up! announced the 2015 Year-End Sale – it starts 10 December and runs thru 4 January! While supplies last, they’ll offer discounts up to 60 percent on select products. I’ll bring you more information as we get closer.
Tomorrow is the Happy Stampers Blog Hop – we’ve moved the go-live time up to 7 am Eastern! Hope that you’ll join us – I have a fun project made with the Wonderland stamp set!
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 8 Dec – 14 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 14 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Crushed Curry Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (sentiment mat)
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
Botanical Gardens DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front); 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ (sentiment); Botanical Builder Flower die cuts; Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 7 Dec 15
126889: Stampin’ Trimmer (70 backordered; 2,508 expected)
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (197 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (4,180 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,483 backordered; 3,520 expected)