Mornin’ guys. Hope your week is going well as we hit hump day! My share today is a sneak peek of one of the most fun stamp sets in the upcoming 2016 Occasions Catalog. Those of us who went to Onstage Live had the chance to order it early – which was cool, since it’s a Hostess Stamp! I’m pretty sure every demonstrator who attended ordered this set. It. Is. That. Cute!
I’m talking about the Love You Sew stamp set (it’s so new I couldn’t even show it to you in the Supply List!). And it has so many fun images and sentiments in it that it’s the only set I needed to make this card. Take a look-see:
Now – in the interest of full disclosure. This was not a hard card to make. Except that it was. Cause when I made it I was tired. I got home to the hotel after a 12 hour day, with this card still ahead of me to make. I’d been mulling on the design all day in my head – I’d even drawn it out a few times – at least the grid part. That was the hardest piece – getting the stamped stitches where they need to be. And – if you look – you’ll see my stitches still kind of got the best of me! And – this is my third attempt. Even with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. So. When you CASE this, I’d recommend not doing it at the end of a long day. Just sayin! 😉
So, the “code” I finally resorted to in order to get the grid even sort of straight, was to use my craft pick and lightly scribe my lines, using a ruler. I taped the Very Vanilla card stock panel to my work surface with some Post-It Note tape, just to keep it still. Then I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the cross-stitch image in Early Espresso.
I stamped the Love You Sew sentiment in Cherry Cobbler in the center section, then I used more Cherry Cobbler to stamp the heart image in each corner.
The scissors – remember, these are all from the Love You Sew set (told you it was chock-a-block full of fun images!) – are heat embossed in Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
The final stamped image is the spool of thread. I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to ink the stamp directly. For both spools, I used Chocolate Chip for the wooden portion. The top spool thread was colored with Blackberry Bliss and the bottom is Night of Navy!
And then I added my notions! I worried a little bit about making everything all matchy-matchy and color coordinated. And then I thought about a real sewing drawer filled with scraps and buttons and notions galore! And I realized that a little not matched up was the way I wanted to go!
I used a couple of Home for Christmas Designer Buttons, a Very Vintage Designer Button and a Silver and a Gold Basic Metal button. I used Glue Dots to adhere them to the card front.
Finally, I added a little piece of Venetian Crochet Ribbon, tied in a knot – and a Garden Green/White Striped ribbon as well. I tied a bow with a length of Linen Thread and a length of Gold Metallic Thread. All the ribbons are stuck on with Glue Dots.
The fun thing about this “sampler” is that you could use almost any buttons and ribbon that you’ve got handy! 🙂
I SNAILd the card front to a mat of Cherry Cobbler and set it aside.
The inside is just a Very Vanilla panel SNAILd to a Cherry Cobbler mat. I stamped the various stitch images across the bottom in Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso. Easy Peasy with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I gotta tell ya, folks – that little tool just gets more useful every time I pull it out. I’m pretty sure every single image (and the sentiment) on this card used that darned thing to get everything where I wanted it! Best 12 bucks I’ve spent on stampin’ supplies in a long time! 🙂
Finally, I popped the card front onto my Early Espresso card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals and that was that!
The Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got more stitching across the front. I didn’t add a liner this time. gasp!
Et Voila! A lovely little card that would be great for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or just any day at all where you want to tell someone you love them!
I just love this set. It’s got so many images to play with and several sentiments – including “Crafters don’t lie, they embellish”! How cute it that?!? Since it’s a Hostess Set, you know the only way to get it is to host a Workshop. If you want this set, give me a holler and we’ll get you all hooked up! 🙂
The 2016 Occasions Catalog shares are open and slots are already being filled – so if you want in, let me know! Scroll on down for the details – and head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Share to get signed up!
And – the Blog Candy is still out there to be won! You’ll need to go to that post for that day – here – to leave me a comment (What do you hope Santa will bring you this year?) and get yerself entered! You’ve got until next Monday night to try to win this…..
Have a good day!
P.S. Don’t miss the weekly Happy Stampers Blog Hop tomorrow – we’ll all go live at 9am Eastern, so a little later than normal for me! 🙂
1 Dec – 15 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 1 Dec – 7 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 7 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 10 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 2 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 2 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of the Designer Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page, where you’ll also see how to get signed up for your piece of the fun!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Early Espresso Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 30 NOV 15
139638: Snowflake Elements (10,487 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (4,141 backordered; 10,440 expected) 126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,402 backordered; 4,224 expected)
126889: Stampin’ Trimmer (116 backordered; 1,254 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (976 backordered; 3,024 expected)
131187: Neutrals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (8 backordered; 413 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (9,869 backordered; 9,792 expected. Next shipment to be determined)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (3,473 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (1,788 backordered; 3,520 expected)