Mornin’, y’all! Well, we didn’t have to work yesterday, which was a bonus! I came home on Friday all prepared to spend Saturday resting and making cards – thinking I’d get ahead for the week so that if things got hectic, I’d still be good to go. Guess which one I accomplished? Think hard. Think about what you’ve learned about me in this past year.
Did you guess right?
If you thought that I probably spent the day resting, and only stirred myself to go downstairs to get some breakfast and to make one card for today….then pat yourself on the back. You’ve learned me good! 🙂
Yes, apparently my brain and my bod had very different plans for this day. The bod won! So – today will definitely be the day to make cards. I will do it – I WILL!!
But, I did get a card made that I’m quite pleased with. It’s a Christmas card using my new bundle – Holly Jolly Greetings – which comes with the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies! I bought it with my 2015 Occasions Catalog pre-order, which arrived on Friday! I was excited to make something with it – I love the Christmas Greetings thinlit words – they’re small and delicate and really look pretty cut out of glimmer paper. Take a look-see:
The design for this card was inspired by the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge #150. Head over there and play along, okay?
Yes – I got pretty jiggy with the design didn’t I? Not!
I started with a plain Whisper White panel. Using the fun snowflake flurry image from Holly Jolly Greetings, I stamped the image all over the panel in Versamark Ink, then sprinkled it with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated it with my Heat Tool. That created a sparkly effect and set me up to do an emboss resist with my Pool Party. I sponged the Pool Party ink around the panel, leaving some white space at the edges. I also flicked the edges of the panel with the sponge, just to give it some definition.
For the sentiment, I cut the Christmas Greetings Thinlits “Peace” out of a piece of Pool Party card stock and a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. This is the point at which I realized that I’d left my Magnetic Platform at home. 🙁 So, had to go old-school and use my Multi-Purpose Platform. Boy, am I spoiled by the Magnetic Platform!
I used the new Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the two die cuts together, offsetting them just slightly to create a shadow. I used the Fine Tip pen again to adhere the sentiment to the card front.
I made the snowflakes using the Snowflake Elements – I squished them in the Versamark Ink Pad and then into the Pool Party Ink Pad, sprinkled them with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated ’em up! Then I stuck them on with the Fine Tip Glue Pen. Tip – when you’re doing a line of embellishments – put the middle one on first. That’ll help you get the spacing right!
I finished them off with a small Iced Rhinestone Embellishment (using the Fine Tip Glue Pen) and then SNAILd the panel to a Pool Party mat. Then I set it aside and worked on the inner liner!
I did some more emboss resist on the inside. I stamped the Holly Jolly Greetings “Joy” sentiment and more of the snowflake flurries in Versamark and heat embossed them with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Then I swirled around with my Pool Party sponge. I finished the panel off by lightly flicking the edges of the panel with more Pool Party, and SNAILd it to a Pool Party mat.
That made it safe to finish off the front of the card. I popped the card front onto my Whisper White card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
For the envelope, I made a liner with a piece of Whisper White card stock, cut with my Envelope Liners Framelit, stamped with the Holly Jolly Greetings snow flurries and heat embossed with more Iridescent Ice. I swirled it with Pool Party and flicked the edges with the sponge…
…The front of my Whisper White Medium Envelope got the same heat emboss resist with the snow flurries and Pool Party sponging!
Et Voila! A frosty, icy, sparkly Christmas card to celebrate the approach of the Season! I was really happy to see that this bundle is being continued in the 2016 Occasions catalog! 🙂
Hope your weekend is going well – suspect you’re all shopping for your Thanksgiving dinner ingredients and getting your homes cleaned up for company! Enjoy the anticipation! 🙂
I’ll see you tomorrow.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 17 Nov – 23 Nov 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 23 Nov!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Dates: November 23-30, 2015
- Two 24-hour flash sales for specific products will happen during this promotion: one on 23 November and one on 30 November.
- Past Paper Pumpkin kits and kit refills in Online Extravaganza are available for purchase by subscribers and non-subscribers.
- You choose the special bundle item codes provided for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will not be applied if individual component item numbers are entered separately. Bundles featured in Online Extravaganza will exist only during Online Extravaganza.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will range from 20 to 50 percent.
- Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
- All order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online) qualify for the Online Extravaganza discounted items and bundles.
- North America markets are participating in this promotion. Europe and South Pacific markets are not participating because this promotion was designed around a cultural event in North America.
- Sale is while supplies last – so tarry not!
Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Now that you’ve read the fine print, click here to see the list of items on sale during this special event! Monday’s Flash Sale is fun – you can buy 3 packs of Designer Series Paper and get a fourth pack (from the sale list) free! And – one of my very favorite tools is on that sale – at 30% off! The Envelope Punch Board is your ticket to endless card sizes and custom liners! Don’t miss out on getting this if you don’t have it already!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Card Cuts Used in Today’s Project
Whisper White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base; scored and folded at 4 1/4″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); envelope liner
Pool Party Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); “Peace” die cut
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: “Peace” die cut
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 19 NOV 15
102395: Brayer (121 backordered; 1,105 expected)
139638: Snowflake Elements (8,225 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (2,672 backordered; 10,440 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (517 backordered; 3,024 expected)
138283: Leaflets Framelits Dies (3,259 backordered; 6,336 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (7,638 backordered; 2,304 expected. 9,792 more expected 7 December)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (835 backordered; 4,740 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (1,779 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (129 backordered; 3,520 expected)