Good Saturday morning! It’s another Super Simple Single Stamp Saturday. This week features the new-to-the-2015/2016-Annual Catalog Over the Rainbow stamp set! I learned yesterday that our friends in Atlanta had to put their old friend Stumpy to sleep that day. It was sad news – they’d had him his entire life and he’d pretty much gone everywhere with them. A lot like Buck was for us.
So – I needed a Sympathy card. But here I am in Yuma, AZ – with nary a sympathy stamp sentiment to be found. Oh, of course not! So – time to improvise! I went for the Rainbow – a nod to the Rainbow Bridge poem that gives comfort to many a pet parent. And this card was so easy and quick – the longest step in the process is pulling out each of the ink pad colors! Take a look-see:
I Googled Rainbows and found that the colors go like this: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, and….Magenta?? So that’s what I planned.
I started with a Whisper White Note Card and Envelope. Using the two sentiment stamps and the “Rainbow”, I laid out the front by stamping each of the images in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I didn’t even have to use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, because this is a photopolymer set. From there, it was a simple matter of inking, stamping off and stamping the splotch image over the “Rainbow”. Here are the colors I used: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasbi (I was sure I brought my Garden Green, but…), Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss and Rich Razzleberry.
Each splotch was stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping the card. Now – there’s two splotch images in the set – either one would work. Or – there’s a swath. Swipe? You could pick just three or four of the colors in the Rainbow and stamp them instead of the splotches. Easy peasy!
I decided a little teensy bit of bling was called for – so I punched a little heart from Red Glimmer Paper, using the heart stamp from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I adhered it with a Glue Dot – and that was it!
The inside is even easier. I used the sun image, and stamped it in the upper right corner. I laid the card flat and then laid a plain piece of paper over the top half to mask it off. I stamped the sun directly, in Crushed Curry. Then I did it a second time, rotating the stamp a little bit to get extra rays.
Finally, I repeated the sun image on the front of the coordinating Envelope…..
Et Voila! Quick. Easy. Nice. Peasy! One stamp set. One quick card. And, guess what? It would also work for anytime you need to cheer someone up or just tell them you’re thinking about them!
Hope you like!
Two things to keep in your kit bags: The Holiday Catalog Retiring Product sale is going on now. Click here to see the product list! And, starting Monday, the Online Extravaganza kicks off! This link will take you to the list – and you can scroll down for all the details!
I’ll see you tomorrow.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 17 Nov – 23 Nov 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 23 Nov!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Dates: November 23-30, 2015
- Two 24-hour flash sales for specific products will happen during this promotion: one on 23 November and one on 30 November.
- Past Paper Pumpkin kits and kit refills in Online Extravaganza are available for purchase by subscribers and non-subscribers.
- You choose the special bundle item codes provided for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will not be applied if individual component item numbers are entered separately. Bundles featured in Online Extravaganza will exist only during Online Extravaganza.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will range from 20 to 50 percent.
- Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
- All order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online) qualify for the Online Extravaganza discounted items and bundles.
- North America markets are participating in this promotion. Europe and South Pacific markets are not participating because this promotion was designed around a cultural event in North America.
- Sale is while supplies last – so tarry not!
Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Now that you’ve read the fine print, click here to see the list of items on sale during this special event! Monday’s Flash Sale is fun – you can buy 3 packs of Designer Series Paper and get a fourth pack (from the sale list) free! And – one of my very favorite tools is on that sale – at 30% off! The Envelope Punch Board is your ticket to endless card sizes and custom liners! Don’t miss out on getting this if you don’t have it already!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Card Cuts Used in Today’s Project
Whisper White Note Card and Envelope
Red Glimmer Paper: Itty Bitty Accent heart punch
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 19 NOV 15
102395: Brayer (121 backordered; 1,105 expected)
139638: Snowflake Elements (8,225 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (2,672 backordered; 10,440 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (517 backordered; 3,024 expected)
138283: Leaflets Framelits Dies (3,259 backordered; 6,336 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (7,638 backordered; 2,304 expected. 9,792 more expected 7 December)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (835 backordered; 4,740 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (1,779 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (129 backordered; 3,520 expected)