Hey, y’all! I hope that you had fun seeing everyone’s projects in the Blog Hop yesterday! I surely do appreciate everyone stopping by – and I know the other ladies do as well!
For today, I’m bringing you the card that I gave you a sneak peek at on Wednesday! It’s a cute little card that makes use of the Sparkly Seasons stamp set and the Berries & Boughs TIEF. Take a look-see:
The design is inspired by the Mojo Monday #420 sketch. They always have fun sketches – but this one really caught my eye. I’ve been wanting to do a card with a tag on the front, and this was just the perfect opportunity. Do take a minute to go over to their blog and see what everyone brings to the table, okay?
I started by embossing a panel of Mint Macaron with the Berries and Boughs TIEF. One thing I did a little bit differently than normal – I put the Small Scallop Rotary Blade onto my Stampin’ Trimmer and cut this panel with that blade – versus the normal straight blade. I kind of like how it turned out – looks a little bit like you tore the paper – with very small tears. It just gives it a little different look – which is fun! 🙂
The center panel is a piece of Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum on a mat of Soft Sky. I used little dabs of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue that I stuck where the snowflake design was embossed on the Vellum. I ran a length of new White 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon down the side, with Liquid Glue to adhere it, and then I SNAILd that panel to my embossed card front.
For the tag, I punched the top of a piece of Mint Macaron Card Stock with my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. The image is the snowman from Sparkly Seasons, stamped in Versamark and sprinkled with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed. I added the sentiment, also from Sparkly Seasons, heat embossing it in Silver. Then, I did the same snowman treatment (Versamark Ink and Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder) using the snow globe snow image from Sparkly Seasons. I got a tone-on-tone-with-a-little-sparkly-bling that I think looks pretty cool! I colored my snow dude in with my White Gel Pen. I also added some color to his scarf and buttons and nose with my Real Red, Basic Black, and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Write Markers. While I had my gel pen out, I added some white flurries to the embossed snow. 🙂
I made a mat for the tag by cutting a piece of Whisper White Card Stock slightly bigger than the tag. I did some measuring and figuring and then used the little tag top hole die from the Chalk Talk Framelits Dies set – it’s the bigger of the two dies. Then I SNAILd the tag to the White mat, and fussy cut the top of the mat to match the scalloped top (my tag is 2″ wide – so the mat is 2 1/8″ wide and wouldn’t fit in the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch!).
I ran a length of the White 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon thru the hole in the top of my tag, and trimmed the ends. I used a little dab of Liquid Glue to hold the two streamer ends together just above the tag. Then I pulled some of the new Silver Cording Trim thru a Silver Basic Metal Button and tied a bow. I added a Glue Dot behind the button and made a bunch of loops out of Silver Metallic Thread and then, using yet another Glue Dot, stuck the be-bowed button onto my ribbon.
Since it seemed right, I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the end of snow-dude’s cap and popped the tag onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The whole card front is popped onto my Soft Sky card base with more Dimensionals – and that was it for the front!
For the inside, I embossed another piece of Mint Macaron with the Berries and Boughs and SNAILd a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to it. I heat embossed a sentiment from Versatile Christmas, in Silver. Then I taped off everything but the snow-dude’s hat with scotch tape, and inked up just the hat with Mint Macaron. Then, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get it lined up just right, I stamped the hat over the embossed sentiment. I added a Rhinestone to match the front. And then I saw that I’d gotten a little carried away and I had a dot of Mint Macaron ink where it didn’t belong.
Mint Macaron sparkles!! 🙂
For the envelope, I stamped a Mint Macaron snow-dude and his snow globe snow on the front of a Whisper White Medium Envelope….
…and then repeated my Boughs & Berries embossing on a piece of Mint Macaron Card Stock and added it to the inside of the envelope, using my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! A cute snowman wishing everyone a Merry Sparkly Christmas – surrounded by the beautiful images from Boughs & Berries. All in a soft and frosty color palette of Mint Macaron and Soft Sky! Love!
Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock….The 15% off sale is almost over – so….if you’re planning to stock up – today and tomorrow is all that’s left. My Ordering Special is going away just as fast, sooooo…….you know what you need to do! 🙂
TTFN – see you tomorrow!
STAMPS-N-LINGERS ORDERING SPECIAL!
I’m offering an ordering special between now and tonight at midnight (Mountain Time)!
Folks who place Stampin’ Up! orders of $50 or greater through me will be getting a little bonus from me along with the awesome 15% off stamps sale from Stampin’ Up!
What’s the bonus? Well, it’s threefold!
- You’re going to get the normal gift up to $8.00 from either catalog – I always give my customers a little sumpin-sumpin as a thank-you for ordering with me! Just enter the current hostess code (JD2E3S2U) if your order is under $150. If it’s over $150, then you’ll want to keep your own hostess code – but I’m still going to send the gift! 🙂
- You’re going to get DOUBLE Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards! You’d normally get two peppermints with a $50 order of product. During this week, though – I’ll give you FOUR peppermints for every $50 in product (not including tax and shipping) that you order. 16 Peppermints is all you need to earn a Stampin’ Up! gift of your choice up to $40!
- And – for this SPECIAL ordering period only (right this minute thru midnight Mountain Time, Friday 23 Oct)….in addition to the above rewards, I’m offering you the choice of any ribbon or trim in either catalog!
How to get your free Ribbon or Trim:
Simply place your $50 or greater order and then email me your selection! I’ll order it when I place my Host Order on Nov 1 and I’ll send it out (along with your thank you gift if you’ve added the Host Code or have an order over $150) to you just as soon as my Host Order arrives.
For quick reference, here are the Ribbons and Trim available:
- 5/8″ Chevron Ribbon – in Natural or Smoky Slate
- 1 1/4″ Burlap Ribbon
- 5/8″ Organza Ribbon
- 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon – in Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, or Crumb Cake
- Baker’s Twine – in Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Old Olive or Whisper White
- Thick Baker’s Twine – in Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate or Very Vanilla
- Metallic Baker’s Twine – in Gold or Silver
- Sequin Trim – in Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Gold or Silver
- White 1 1/4″ Jute Ribbon
- Venetian Crochet Trim
- 1″ Dotted Lace Trim – in Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe or Watermelon Wonder
- Sahara Sand 7/8″ Lace Trim
- Linen Thread
- Metallic Thread – in Gold or Silver
- 1/8″ Ribbon – in Gold or Silver
- 5/8″ Satin Ribbon – in Gold, Silver, Very Vanilla or Whisper White
- 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon -in Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point or Whisper White
- 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon -in Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry or Whisper White
- 5/8″ Striped Cotton Ribbon – in Blackberry Bliss, Helo Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow or Tangelo Twist
- 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon – in Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi or Wisteria Wonder
- Real Red Pompom Trim
- Very Vanilla 1 1/4″ Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon
- Cording Trim – in Gold or Silver
- Gold and White 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon
- 1/8″ Striped Ribbon (you get one of Red/White and one of Green/White)
- Into the Woods 3/8″ Cotton Ribbon
Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Shopping!
Big Stamp Sale Ends TONIGHT!!
- All regular priced stamp sets will be discounted 15% off the retail price until TONIGHT at 11:55 pm Mountain Time!! This includes stamps from the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog.
- Bundles, rotary stamps, host sets and clearance rack items are excluded.
- The 15% off stamp sets can be included as part of a Starter Kit (the sale prices will be reflected in the Starter Kit).
DON’T MISS OUT ON EXTRA STAMPIN’ REWARDS!!
If you place an order of $300 or greater or host a stamping event October 9 – November 9 with at least $300 in sales, you’ll receive an extra 3% in Stampin’ Rewards!! For more details, head over to my Promotions page and check them out.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 20 Oct – 26 Oct 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 26 Oct!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Card Cuts Used in Today’s Project
Soft Sky Thick Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base; score and fold at 4 1/4″); 3″ x 5 3/8″ (mat for Fancy Vellum Panel on front)
Mint Macaron Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (embossed card front and embossed liner mat); 2″ x 3″ (tag); envelope liner
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ (tag mat); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner);
Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum: 2 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 22 OCT 15
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (2,308 backordered; 5,040 expected)
139638: Snowflake Elements (2,801 backordered; 2,052 expected. 15,120 more expected 25 November)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (5,251 backordered; 4,200 expected. 3,000 more expected 13 November)
123125: Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine (262 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (2,080 backordered; 2,500 expected)
138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (1,001 backordered; 4,680 expected)
139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (11,296 backordered; 6,912 expected; 10,324 more expected 9 November)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (10,926 backordered; 9,792 expected. 4,248 more expected 1 December)
139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (4,241 backordered; 3,150 expected. 6,930 more expected 9 November)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (1,463 backordered; 1,536 expected. 4,896 more expected 1 December)
139639: Home for Christmas Designer Buttons (325 backordered; 2,016 expected)
138295: Tree Builder Punch (180 backordered; 3,640 expected)
138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (7,078 backordered; 10,700 expected)
138283: Leaflets Framelits Dies (1,234 backordered; 912 expected. 5,040 more expected 1 December)