Good morning, y’all! For some reason, I’ve been thinking the Super Bowl was today. Why did I think it was played in January? You can see I keep VERY close tabs on professional football, right? 🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️
My card today is a really cool one (she says modestly) using the new Greatest Journey bundle and one of my favorite DSP designs ever – from the coordinating Enjoy the Journey DSP! Take a look-see:
I was trying to re-create a cold Colorado mountain night.
What do you think?? Did I hit the mark?
The layout is from the Global Design Project sketch challenge this week.
I started by adhering a star-field-strewn piece of Starry Sky paper from the new Enjoy the Journey DSP onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock.
The mountain is another piece of Basic Black cardstock that I cut the top of using the edge-die in the Greatest Journey die set.
Using a Sponge Dauber and swiping from the top-down, I brushed the top edge with Whisper White Craft ink.
Then I adhered the mountain to the card front with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and popped the whole thing onto the front of my Starry Sky card base with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I used another Enjoy the Journey die to cut out a Basic White moon, which I adhered with Liquid Glue.
Using the two larger cloud dies, I cut out four Basic Gray Clouds. These also got the sponging with Whisper White ink using the Daubers.
I stamped the Greatest Journey sentiment in Versamark Ink on a piece of Starry Sky cardstock, sprinkled it with White Embossing Powder and set the powder with my Heat Tool. Once it had cooled, I cut it out with the smallest wide Stitched Rectangle Die.
There’s a fun stamp in the Greatest Journey set with a bunch of little stars – so I used that to stamp around the sentiment in Whisper White Craft ink.
I adhered the sentiment and the clouds with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals – and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped the Greatest Journey sentiment in Starry Sky on a piece of Basic White cardstock. Across the bottom I stamped the trees image a few times in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Basic Black mat and then into my Starry Sky card base and the card was done!
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the Tuxedo Black Memento ink trees on the front…
…and some more of the beautiful starry Enjoy the Journey DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Well – as I mentioned on the video (link below) – I really struggled with the clouds – there are a LOT of die cut clouds in my trash bin!! – but…I am so happy with what I settled on – they ended up to be very close to the idea I had in my head! The sweet dies from the Greatest Journey are great for cutting clouds and mountains – and tents, and lanterns, and hikers and and and….I barely scratched the surface! And the amazing Enjoy the Journey DSP is simply stunning!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below! And – this is the card that I made on my YouTube live yesterday – if you’d like to see it – for the first time or again! – here ’tis!
I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: 9HSSTWEC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The January Tutorial features the brand new Country Bouquet Bundle!
My Online Host Club is a great way to build up your Stampin’ Up! tool chest a little at a time – and gather up the new goodies that you’ve got your eye on! AND – you’ll also receive host benefits – but I do the “host” duties for you! 😎 If any of that sounds like something you’d be interested in – then….read on!
Here’s how it works!
Clubs consist of three folks – who are part of the club for 6 months. During that period- you’ll get to be the host TWICE – getting all the benefits, but…doing no extra work! And – the first month is a Sale-A-Bration month! 🙂
You sign up for two consecutive 3-month “terms” and commit to:
– A $50.00 minimum order each month
– Placing your order by the 20th of each month
– Using the Host code for each month that I send to you in an email at the beginning of each month
This is how the schedule might look (if “Judy”, “Cynthia” and “MaryAnne” signed up! 😎) As you can see, each member gets to host TWICE during the six months!!
Here’s the deets!
– You’ll have AT LEAST a $150.00 Workshop order during EACH of your host months! Which means you’ll have at least $15.00 of Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on the exclusive Host Stamp Sets, or any other current Stampin’ Up! product during your host months. Stampin’ Rewards are Stampin’ Up!-speak for “free money”!
– You’ll earn DOUBLE PEPPERMINTS on your Host Club Orders. Each $50 order earns 4 reward points, a $75 order earns you 6 reward points, etc. You’ll earn at least 24 reward points during your membership, meaning you’ll automatically earn at least ONE $40 Peppermint rewards gift! (Remember – when you gather up 16 Peppermints, you get to select a free reward gift valued up to $40!). You can get more info about my Punkin’ Heads Customer Rewards Program right here.
– You’ll receive a FREE monthly tutorial with 4-5 projects and access to all previous tutorials for the duration of the club. Right now, there are around SEVENTY-FOUR tutorials available only to Online Host Club members. That’s around THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY not-seen-on-our-blogs projects for you to use as inspiration (and they ALL have all the card cuts and instructions!)
– Access to my Two Weekly Zoom The Craftroom online Zoom Parties – where you can come craft and chat with me and other customers!
– FREE catalogs during your membership term
– FREE shipping in your TWO Host Months
– A FREE STAMP SET of your choice valued up to $25 at the end of each “term”, any current set (excluding host sets)! That’s TWO free stamp sets in six months!
– At the end of the full 6 months, you’ll get first dibs at signing up for the next 6 month term!
Like I said above, this is a great time to join a club – with the Jan – Apr 2023 Mini Catalog live now, the Jan – Feb 2023 Sale-A-Bration still going on – and an amazing Annual Catalog, too. Oh – and the NEW 2023-2024 Annual Catalog will go live in May!
So – if you’re looking to build up your stash a little bit at a time – all while earning free product and Double Peppermints – without doing any extra work then…. It’s hard to find a downside, y’all!
Let me know quick as a bunya if you have questions or if you want one of the spots I have open!
Sale-a-Bration 2023 Going on Now!
Sale-a-Bration is the coolest time of year at Stampin’ UP! Check out all the goodness – we’ve got reasons to SHOP – reasons to HOST – and…HUGE reasons to JOIN!!
Here’s a hint…
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Starry Sky Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); Stitched Rectangle Die cut (sentiment)
Basic Gray Cardstock: Greatest Journey die cut clouds (x4)
Basic Black Cardstock: 3 5/8″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for card front); Greatest Journey die cut “mountain” (2 1/8″ x 3 5/8″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Basic White Cardstock: Greatest Journey die cut moon; 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Enjoy the Journey DSP: 3 1/2″ x 5 1/8″ (front panel on card); 2 1/4″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
I told you yesterday about the chip bag thing going on between my Y-chromosomes.
As I was looking back at a few pics I’ve taken – I found this one…
Sometimes it takes more help than others.
But – the thing that made me snort my Diet Mt Dew out my nose is…his eye. Look at Finn’s eye! 😂😂😂
He looks so intent – and a little frantic! The whole thing just made me laugh out loud!