Happy Saturday, y’all! Wow. Each day feels like it takes forever to get thru – but then I look up and there’s only two weeks to go! Yikes! The more important day is next Tuesday. On that day, we end the “hard” grind – and transition to cruise control. No more 4am alarm clocks for me. Can’t tell you how happy I’m going to be about that. And – I think I’ll probably even get the weekend off!
So – one of the pretty new stamp sets in the 2018 Holiday Catalog is called Joy & Noel. It’s a beautiful, two-stamp set, similar to the Floral Statements set in the Annual Catalog. I used that set, plus the Timeless Tidings set, for my card today. Oh – and…did I mention we’ve got new colors of Stampin’ Blends coming? How does Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Basic Black and Mango Melody strike your fancy?! Take a look-see:
This card layout is a technique that I really enjoy using – sort of Double-Time stamping. And it’s really perfect for the Stampartus. Or – perhaps I should say the Stamparatus is perfect for this technique! 🙂
I started with a plain Whisper White panel and a Whisper White oval cut with an Ovals Layering Framelits die. I used a tiny little smear of Liquid Glue to temporarily adhere the oval onto the panel and placed it in my Stamparatus.
I put the Noel stamp from the Joy & Noel set onto the Stamparatus plate and inked it with Stazon Jet Black Ink, then stamped the panel (with the oval in place). I did that a couple of times, pressing down on the stamp to be sure I had a good image.
Once the ink had dried, I used my new Real Red and Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends to color the image.
I picked up the oval and used Liquid Glue to adhere it to a Basic Black oval mat, then I popped it all back in place with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used more Liquid Glue to adhere the whole panel to a Basic Black mat.
The final touch was the addition of some gold Metallic Pearls and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added a sentiment from the Timeless Tidings stamp set – remember that one from the Project Kit I shared the other day? – in Stazon Jet Black Ink to a Whisper White panel. I used the holly image from the same set and added it twice in Stazon, then colored it in Shaded Spruce and Real Red with the Blends.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Basic Black mat and into my Real Red card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
I repeated the Timeless Tidings holly on the front of my Whisper White Medium Envelope…
…and used a piece of Under the Mistletoe DSP (from the Annual Catalog) on the envelope flap – coloring the berries in the design with my Real Red Blend!
Et Voila! This is a stamp set that caught my eye first off in the new catalog, so it was high on the list of sets that “made the cut” to come to me in CA. And boy am I glad it did – I love it!! And that Timeless Tidings set is just as useful and versatile as I thought it would be!! Hope you like!
HOST CODE FOR 1 AUG – 15 AUG: NVC22JJA
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from any active catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Holiday Catalog Shares Are Open!
What are catalog shares, you ask? They’re your chance to try a little bit of everything and see what you like the best. It’s like…your first trip thru a cruise ship buffet…you have a little taste of all the fun things you like (or have never tasted) and then you go back for seconds (or even thirds!) on the goodies you love!
I’ll place our Shares order first jump out of the box on 5 Sept 18 and use expedited shipping so I get it back fast! Then I’ll get it all cut up, packaged and out the door quick as I can – hopefully early in the week of 10 Sept.
Shares are open to anyone – including demonstrators, so…check it…
I’ve got a few options for you to pick from: a New Designer Series Paper Share, a New Ribbons/Embellishments Share, and an I Want It All Share (this one gets a free extra bonus!!).
Take a look-see:
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $18.00 (+$5 First Class shipping)
You’ll get 52 total sheets: 6” x 6” sheets of beautiful new Designer Series Papers; 4 – 6″ x 6″ sheets of Metallic Paper; and 6 – 6″ x 6″ sheets of Glimmer Paper
- All Is Bright DSP– 6 Sheets
- Festive Farmhouse DSP– 6 Sheets
- Santa’s Workshop Specialty DSP– 6 Sheets
- Joyous Noel Specialty DSP– 6 Sheets
- Frosted Floral Specialty DSP – 6 Sheets
- Country Lane DSP– 6 Sheets
- Toil & Trouble DSP – 6 Sheets
- Galvanzied Metal Paper- 2 sheets
- Black Foil – 2 sheets
- Joyous Noel 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper– 6 sheets (2 ea in Copper, Merry Merlot and Tranquil Tide)
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $35.00 (+ $7 Priority shipping)
In all you’ll receive approx 25 yards of new ribbon/trimand 74 new embellishments/gift boxes and bags/note cards and envelopes!
- Real Red 3/8″ Mixed Satin Ribbon– 2 yards
- 5/8″ Striped Burlap Ribbon– 2 yards
- Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine – 6 yards (2 yds each in Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Very Vanilla)
- Poppy Parade 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon – 2 yards
- Garden Green Baker’s Twine – 5 yards
- Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ Reversible Ribbon – 2 yards
- Tranquil Tide 1/4″ Velvet Ribbon – 2 yards
- 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim – 2 yards
- Black 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon – 2 yards
- All Is Bright Paper Clips – 4 clips (2 each of 2 designs)
- Gold Foil Edged Cards & Envelopes – 4 cards and 4 envelopes
- Silver Foil Edged Cards & Envelopes – 4 cards and 4 envelopes
- Galvanized Buttons – 6 buttons
- Festive Farmhouse Elements– 16 pieces
- Snowflakes & Stars Wire Elements – 4 total – two each of 2 designs
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets– 16 total – 4 each of 2 finishes in 2 sizes
- Iridescent Boxwood Wreath Embellishments– 2
- Chicken Wire Elements– 2 sheets
- Galvanized Clips– 4 clips
- Spider Trinkets– 2 pieces
- Baker’s Boxes– 1
- Santa’s Bags– 1
3. I Want It All – $53 (+$7 Priority Shipping)
You’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. And, with an I Want It All order – I’ll also throw in a package of the new Santa’s Workshop Enamel Shapes!
4. Want Double the Fun?
Order a double share of any package. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Joyous Noel 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper – you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!). And your ribbon will come in a continuous double length!
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Sept 18 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Aug 18), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the shares, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
1 – 31 August 2018
Here’s the Deets!
- Earning Period
- August 1 – August 31, 2018 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If a participant earns multiple codes from a single order, they will receive one email with multiple codes. If they earn multiple codes from multiple orders, they will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- Orders that are started before the promotion begins will not go toward earning coupon codes.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.)
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Joy & Noel and Timeless Tidings, plus the Shaded Spruce and Real Red Stampin’ Blends will be available on 5 September!
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Real Red Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored at 4 1/4″)
Shaded Spruce Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 3″ oval (mat for art oval)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5″ (card front and inner liner); 2 3/4″ (art oval)
Under The Mistletoe DSP: envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFF’s for a minute – cuz…once again, I’m here and he’s home with his Dad!