Happy Thursday, y’all – and welcome to another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a color challenge, and I hope you’ll check out everyone’s projects when you’re done here!
I pulled out a favorite from the Annual Catalog – the Abstract Impressions stamp set and bundled Springtime Impressions Thinlits, and then added a few goodies from the 2018 Holiday Catalog. Take a look-see:
Our color challenge this week was perfect for the Garden Impressions DSP.
…and I used the sketch from the FabFriday challenge as inspiration for my layout.
I started with a piece of Calypso Coral design paper from the Garden Impressions DSP and sponged it all over with new Frost White Shimmer Paint. The Shimmer Paint is coming in the 2018 Holiday Catalog and will be available in Bright Copper, Champagne Mist, Frost White and Vegas Gold! Whoo-hooo!!
With the DSP dry, I matted it on Shaded Spruce for the card front – but not before punching three Sprig Punch leaves (available on 5 Sept). I sponged the leaves with Frost White Shimmer Paint, too!
For the center, I snipped a length of new Chicken Wire Elements (5 Sept) into a strip and adhered it with a little Liquid Glue. Then I added the leaves.
I wound some new 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim around a couple times with Glue Dots.
For the art, I inked the flowers image from Abstract Impressions in Melon Mambo, stamped it off once, then stamped a piece of Whisper White card stock. I used the accent flower stamp, in full-strength Melon Mambo next. Finally, I stamped some stems in Shaded Spruce. Then I cut the image with an oval Stitched Shapes Framelits die and popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut the Springtime Impressions butterfly from another Garden Impressions DSP design, sponged it with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and stuck it on with some Liquid Glue.
I stamped the Abstract Impressions sentiment in Shaded Spruce on a Vellum card stock strip and snipped banner ends. Then I used a Glue Dot under the left end to adhere it to the card. I tied a little 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim bow and added it with a little Liquid Glue. Finally, I added some Pearl Basic Jewels and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added another Abstract Impressions sentiment in Shaded Spruce to a Whisper White panel. Then I stamped another set of flowers at the bottom.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Shaded Spruce mat and into my Melon Mambo card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got another Abstract Impressions flower on the front…
…and more of the Garden Impressions DSP – that I’d sponged with Frost White Shimmer Paint – on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Love this Abstract Impressions bundle – I have since it first came out in the Annual Catalog. And the addition of some pretty Shimmer Paint – which you’ll be able to get your hands on soon! – really bumps the wow factor on the already-gorgeous Garden Impressions DSP! I hope you like!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Jaimie’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 1 AUG – 15 AUG: NVC22JJA
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from any active catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Sign Up Now! New Subscribers Get 50% Off Their First Month!
- New month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount and must use the code BLOOM0818 at paperpumpkin.com between July 11 and August 10, 2018 (offer ends at 11:50 PM (MT) on August 10).
- The discount cannot be applied to prepaid codes.
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit shipped. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
Click here to go out to the Paper Pumpkin website to start your subscription and get 50% off your first kit!
Now – I ALSO mentioned some…
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
1 – 31 August 2018
Here’s the Deets!
- Earning Period
- August 1 – August 31, 2018 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If a participant earns multiple codes from a single order, they will receive one email with multiple codes. If they earn multiple codes from multiple orders, they will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- Orders that are started before the promotion begins will not go toward earning coupon codes.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.)
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Now Available – But Only For a Limited Time!
Get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons! Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 10-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season (also available in French)!
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images!
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! Note: These Watercolor Pencils may be available in a future publication.
- Please note: The bundle includes the stamp set and dies only. It does not include the Watercolor Pencils.
The Color Your Seasons goodies will only be available until 31 August or…WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Which means when it’s gone – it’s gone!
Dates: August 1-31, 2018
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018. This means products will ONLY be available until August 31 and ONLY while supplies last, whichever comes first. If a product’s supply is depleted before August 31, it will be made unorderable and no longer available for purchase.
- New colors of Watercolor Pencils may be available in a future publication.
- No limits apply during the customer sales period.
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
Find all the fun goodies right here in my Online Store! 🙂
Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
The Sprig Punch, Shimmer Paint and 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim will all be available on 5 Sept! 🙂
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Melon Mambo Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored at 5 1/2″)
Shaded Spruce Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 3/4″ Stitched Shapes oval (art); 3 7/8″ x 5″ (inner liner)
Garden Impressions DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFF’s on Blog Hop Days!
Very pretty card. Somehow I missed seeing the paints. Well done.