Well – I’m tickled to say Good Morning to y’all on the Birthday of our great nation!
And – even more tickled to be saying it on a DAY OFF!!! Whoo-hoo!!
Yes – we worked like fools and now have today off!
I hope you have some fun plans – I’m going to a friend’s this afternoon. Maybe. If I can move myself to get out of my pajamas. Want to go. Want to lie in bed. Go…Lie in bed…Go…
We’ll see what I decide!
In the meantime, I made a Happy Birthday America card – using the Brushstrokes background stamp. A little Touches of Texture. The Happy Birthday Thinlits. A dab from the Ribbon of Courage – and a sentiment I built with the Brushwork Alphabet set. Take a look-see:
I played along with a couple of challenges on this one. Then first is the Fusion Challenge – my Americana stripes and the script-y fonts are from the inspiration photo.
And then I made some “fireworks” to go along with the Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
So. To start, I made my Americana striped card front. On a piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the Brushstrokes background image in Dapper Denim and Cherry Cobbler. I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color the stamp directly, alternating stripes. I SNAILd the panel to a Soft Suede mat (a bit of a nod to the frame in the inspiration photo).
The middle layer is another piece of Whisper White. Using the image in the Touches of Texture stamp set, I stamped it a few times in Versamark on the panel, and sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. After I heated those up, I let them cool and then repeated the process a few more times with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
That panel is also matted on Soft Suede. I wrapped a piece of new Dapper Denim 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around the matted panel, securing it in the back with scotch tape, and popped it over the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
My sentiment is from the Happy Birthday Thinlits. Man – I just love this die! I cut it out 4 times – twice in Basic Black and twice in Cherry Cobbler. Then I adhered them all together in a stack with Liquid Glue. A little persnickety – but it gives the sentiment super cool depth – that 4th layer is the kicker. And a heckuva lot easier then cutting oodles of pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals!
I adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue and the front was done!
On the inside – I started with another panel of Whisper White card stock. Using the pretty Brushworks Alphabet stamp set, I stamped the word “America” in Dapper Denim. Then I cut a tiny yellow ribbon from a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock, using one of the fun little dies in the new Support Ribbon Framelits, and adhered it with a dab of Liquid Glue. Finally, I added a gold Metallic Enamel Shapes star.
I SNAILd the panel to a Soft Suede mat and into my Thick Whisper White card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
On the front of my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I stamped the solid ribbon from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set in Daffodil Delight and added another Gold star. Then I used the Brushwork Alphabet set again, in Dapper Denim…
…and I masked off my envelope flap with sticky notes and repeated the Brushstrokes in Dapper Denim and Cherry Cobbler.
Et Voila! Happy Birthday, America! And we’re waiting for all the men and women to come home! Hope you like.
P.S. Scroll on down for all the card cuts and a list of products I used in this project!
P.P.S Be sure to come back tomorrow – I have some pretty big news to share! 🙂 🙂 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 1 JULY – 15 JULY: JSKNUQGN
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Still Time to Earn Double Peppermint Rewards Points!
All orders of $50 or higher, until next Sunday, 9 July – will earn double peppermint points! What a perfect time to earn the 16 points that will snag you a free $40 gift from me!! Need more info about my Punkin’ Head Rewards Program? Check it out right here! And here’s an easy link to my Online Store to get you started!
Bonus Days Have Started!
For every $50 you spend in July (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use in the month of August!
Check out the details:
- There’s no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types (including Demonstrator orders!) qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
Which all means…this is a perfect time to start crossing some of those goodies off that you’ve got on your Wish List!
This is the Best Time All Year to Join Stampin’ Up!!
You’ll get more free goodies than Santa’s got in his bottomless bag – all for joining Stampin’ Up! during the Christmas in July promotion!
So – we already know that spending $99 and getting $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! is a heckuva good deal – especially since it also includes Free Shipping (that saves you 10% right there!).
But – add in the Stampin’ Up! Christmas in July Essentials Pack – which you’ll ALSO get for FREE this month and…WOWWWWWW!! THAT’S what I call a Christmas present!
Take a look-see at what you get in the Essentials Pack:
- Paper Snips (this is a $10 value). I flat love these! You’ve seen me make my decorated envelope flaps – this is my go-to tool for that and all my fussy cutting!
- SNAIL Adhesive ($7 value). Easy to use adhesive for almost every task.
- Grid Paper ($11 value). Such a simple thing – and yet….so useful. And you get so many sheets – this one package will last you a LOOOOOONG time!
- Two Clear “D” Blocks ($17 value). Keep one. Give one away to a friend! Or…you know. Keep them both for yourself! 😉
- Bone Folder ($7 value). An oft-overlooked but essential tool for scoring, folding or curling!
- BONUS (and this is HUGE!): Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the upcoming holiday catalog ($20 value). I suspect this one could be your go-to for the Holidays. And you’ll get it early so you can get a head start on your Christmas Cards. Take a look-see:
So….you get $72 worth of tools for free – meaning your $125 Starter Kit can include all the FUN stamp sets and bundles and paper and and and…that you WANT! SU!’s covering what you NEED! Cool, huh?
And – of course, when you join with me, you become part of a wonderful group of ladies – in my direct team and as part of Amy’s team!
What else will you get?? Well …
- You’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all of your orders – and it can go even higher! And with all your orders, you can save even more – earning Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on more free goodies!
- Your Starter Kit can be any products you want – from any active catalog – including bundles (yep – save another 10%!)! And we’ve got some great ones. Check ’em out right here.
- You get about 30 minutes to test drive a car. With Stampin’ Up! – you get about SIX MONTHS to enjoy the bennies of being a demonstrator! Whaaaaa? Yep – you have from the time you join until the end of your first full Stampin’ Up! quarter to take advantage of the demonstrator discounts and benefits. July is the start of a quarter – the end of the first full quarter is 31 Dec. So you’ll have until 31 Dec to reach your first $300 in sales to renew for Jan – March.
- No commitment – and no penalty if you decide to drop! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter (31 Dec), you renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. If you don’t – you can “drop” with no penalty. Cool beans!
- You get to order early from the new catalogs. All demonstrators have the chance to pre-order select goodies from each new catalog!
- You’ll be invited to join our private Facebook community – where we chat, ask questions, share projects and win fun prizes!
- Our group meets each month via Google Hangout – join or not – up to you!! But – you’ll want to take part – we have a great time together!
- Oh – and if you stick around….you might earn a cruise…or a trip to Italy…or…?
- And – you get me! I’m always available to answer questions – help you out – or just talk!
You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain – so…why not give it a try? Drop me a note at Stamps-N-Lingers@comcast.net if you have any questions!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Thick Whisper White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, score and fold at 4 1/4″)
Soft Suede Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 3″ x 4 1/4″ (mat for middle panel on front)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (middle panel on front)
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock: Happy Birthday Thinlits die cuts (x2)
Basic Black Card Stock: Happy Birthday Thinlits die cuts (x2)
Daffodil Delight Card Stock: Support Ribbon Framelits die cut
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn-Fan Fix – no new pictures of the Finn today! 🙁
‘Member when he was just a tiny child?!?