I need a training manual for my goose. And I may need my head examined. Cuz I’m spending an inordinate amount of time worrying about the goose. Is she lonely? Is she hungry? Would she like a cool shower? Is the cabbage I bought just for her chopped up finely enough for her delicate schnoz? If she likes watermelon, will she also like cantaloupe?
And a slightly goofy one, at that.
But – she’s fun. She came to the house this afternoon and goose-guilted Wayne into going back to the barn with her and sitting on the porch while she grazed. Always good to have your big, strong man to watch for predators while you eat, don’t you know?
Then this evening, when we were 1 minute later than she thought was fittin’, she came to the barn to get us. And walked right up to us, stood in front of the fan, and let me spray her with the water hose. Seemed to really like it.
Then she goose-galloped after us when we took her food to the pond.
She truly cracks me up.
But I think she’s lonely…. 🙁
Maybe she’d like to come in at nigh….
That’s it. I’m not worrying about the goose any more today. Instead, I’ll share a card – which is why you came in the first place!
This one uses the pretty Host exclusive set called Gift of Love. It’s a pretty two-step flower image with several nice sentiments in a beautiful font. I combined it with some of the pretty Blooms & Bliss DSP. Take a look-see:
I was playing along with the Pals Paper Arts challenge #308:
I started with a piece of the beautiful Blooms & Bliss DSP and SNAILd it to a mat of Sweet Sugarplum. For the center square, I used a piece of Whisper White. I wanted to do a sort of layered spotlight technique, so I stacked the Whisper White square onto my Blooms & Bliss paper and then over that I laid my Whisper White oval, that I’d cut with the new Ovals Layering Framelits.
I inked up the flower outline image from Gift of Love with Versamark Ink and stamped it on the stacked papers. Then I quickly sprinkled each piece with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated all three pieces to heat emboss them.
Next, I ran the Whisper White square thru the Big Shot in the new Seaside TIEF and then SNAILd it to it’s Sweet Sugarplum mat. I also matted the oval, on another piece cut with the Ovals Layering Framelits. I took a minute to color the portion of the image on the oval – using my Blender Pens and some Blushing Bride ink for the flowers, shading them with Rich Razzleberry. The foliage is touched very lightly with Mint Macaron.
I used some of the new Mint Macaron 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon and matted it on Sweet Sugarplum. I assembled the card by SNAILing my Seaside-embossed Whisper White square onto the card front. The matted ribbon is adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and then the matted oval popped over that with more Dimensionals.
I stamped the nice sentiment from Gift of Love directly onto the card front in Early Espresso – isn’t that font so pretty!? 🙂
Then I added a few Enamel Shapes in Sweet Sugarplum and Blushing Bride and the card front was done.
On the inside, I stamped the floral outline image again in Sahara Sand – stamping it off once before stamping the card – in the middle of a Whisper White panel. I matted that to a Sweet Sugarplum panel and added another strip of Sweet Sugarplum across the bottom. Then I wrapped another length of Mint Macaron 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon over that, securing it in the back with scotch tape.
For my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I just stamped the Gift of Love floral image in Sahara Sand on the front…
Et Voila! This is such a pretty stamp set – it’s definitely a great one to get with some Stampin’ Rewards (host a workshop – place an order over $150). And when combined with this pretty watercolor-y paper in Blooms & Bliss – it really looks nice, I think. Hope you think so, too!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jul – 15 Jul 16: 9STKB9MW
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog.
GOING ON RIGHT NOW!
For every $50 you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August. This is the first time Stampin’ Up! has offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
NOTE: Bonus Days coupon codes will be delivered via email, so an email address is required to participate in this promotion. Stampin’ Up! cannot resend emails with coupon codes, so make sure you save the email and write down the codes in a safe place so you don’t miss out on the coupons you earn.
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email.
Stampin’ Up! strongly recommends that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Email addresses must still be provided in order to qualify for Bonus Days coupons during the promotion period.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Promotion Deadlines: July 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) between now and 14 Jul 16 (that’s one short week from today!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from now thru 14 Jul will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the July Host Code!:)
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another card to share!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Sweet Sugarplum Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 3″ square (mat for front square); 3″ scallop oval (mat for focal art); 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ (mat for ribbon on front); 3/4″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for ribbon on inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 7/8″ square (Seaside-embossed front square); 2 3/4″ straight side oval (focal art)
Blooms & Bliss DSP: 4″ x 4 1/5″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!