Good morning, y’all! Hope your week is going well wherever you may be.
Before we get to the card for today, I wanted to give you a a teaser on an upcoming Stampin’ Up! promotion for the month of June! When you hold a place an order or hold a workshop in June – and it can be an online workshop! – you’ll have the chance to earn extra Stampin’ Rewards! Hosts who have qualifying orders with $350 or more in sales during the promotion period will receive $35 in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order. I’ve put all the details over on the Stampin’ Up! Promotions page – so take a gander at them and get ready! It’s prefect timing with the kick-off of the new catalog! 🙂 And hey – join my Online Host Club – starting 1 June! – and perhaps your name will be drawn as the Host for June! See the deets on the club here or down below!
I thought I’d share a fun little card with you today – it’s one that came into my head as soon as I saw the sketch challenge. I love when that happens – it makes things go so quickly. It’s especially nice when the idea in my head is actually something I can implement with paper and SU! tools. Doesn’t always happen that way…. 😉
This one uses the new Squares Layering Framelits – which I love! And I added some soon-to-leave us Birthday Bouquet DSP. I pulled the pretty sentiment banner from the new Host set called Basket For You. Take a look-see:
Here’s the sketch that inspired me – it’s from TGIF Challenges….TGIFC55:
You can see I didn’t stray very far from the sketch! 🙂
I started by cutting small squares of the Birthday Bouquet DSP. I wanted different and yet very similar images for each square. Most importantly, I wanted part of the yellow stamens in every picture. I cut those with a small, smooth-edged square from the Squares Layering Framelits.
The next layer is a scallop-edged square, cut in Mossy Meadow. Finally, the largest scallop edge square is in Blushing Bride. I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere them all together. That gave me a little wiggle room so that I could get everything as close to perfect as possible.
The card front is a panel of Whisper White card stock, that I ran thru my Brick Wall TIEF. I SNAILd it – with the DE-bossed side up – to a Mossy Meadow panel and then to a Blushing Bride mat – to mimic my small square layers.
Then it was just a matter of adhering the squares to the card front – which I did with more Liquid Glue. This is where my Adhesive Remover (item 103684) became the hero of the day! I dropped the last square – glue side down, of course! – and got glue all over the corner of my card front. I tamped down my panic and the urge to start rubbing it and trying to wipe it off right away – I waited until it had started to dry a little and then rubbed it right off with the Adhesive Remover. Whew! 😉 If you don’t have one of these little $3.50 gems….get one right away! You won’t regret it one bit!
The sentiment banner is from the Basket For You host set. I stamped the image in Mossy Meadow on Whisper White and fussy cut it. When the new catalog goes live on 1 June, I’ll be able to get the Bunch of Banners Framelits – which will cut this little banner out all lickety-split! And, of course, I’ll get it in the bundle with Banners For You and save 10%!
Once I had it all cut out, I popped it over the Birthday Bouquet squares with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel, because why wouldn’t I add a Rhinestone Basic Jewel – and the card front was done!
On the inside, I repeated the Whisper White – Mossy Meadow – Blushing Bride stack and added a Mossy Meadow-matted strip of Birthday Bouquet DSP (that I’d carefully cut to include more of the yellow stamen of the roses).
I SNAILd it into my Watermelon Wonder card base and SNAILd the front on as well, and the card was done!
For the Whisper White Medium Envelope, I used my Watermelon Wonder and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers to ink up a portion of the large rose image from Rose Wonder and stamped that in the front corner. Then I used a Clear Wink of Stella brush to pick up some Blushing Bride ink to color in the rose, and some Old Olive to color the leaves….
…and added a Birthday Bouquet DSP liner, cut with my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! A card that matches the idea that popped into my head! Miracles do happen! I’m really happy with it – and credit the new Squares Layering Framelits for much of the success of the card. I’m guessing you’ll be putting those – and the Banners For You bundle! – on your wish lists! 🙂
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 May – 31 May 16: NK9FHKCF
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
See you in the morning!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Squares Layering Framelits and Basket For You stamp set will be available on 1 June! Unless you decided to join Stampin’ Up! right now – then you could fill your Starter Kit with these goodies! 🙂
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Watermelon Wonder Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); fussy cut sentiment banner
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (bottom mats for card front and inner liner); 1 3/4″ scallop squares (x 4 – bottom mats for DSP squares)
Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4 (second mats for card front and inner liner); 1 1/2″ scallop squares (x 4 – second mats for DSP squares); 3/4″ x 4″ (mat for inner liner DSP strip)
Birthday Bouquet DSP: 1 3/8″ smooth squares (x 4 – art squares); 5/8″x 5 1/8″ (inner liner DSP strip); Envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!