Happy Monday, y’all! Sorry to start a post with an oxymoron!
The only trouble with a wonderful vegetable-mimicking weekend is that it ends. Inevitably with an alarm going off at 4:30am! 🙁 But – it was truly a great 2 days….sleep….watch tv (I binge watched Nashville – can you even believe they’re cancelling that?!? – and The Catch)….make card….repeat!
I hope that y’all had a great weekend and did something either wildly fun or hugely relaxing – anything that will hold you thru to the next 48 hours not-at-work!
My card for today is quick and easy – as befits a Monday morning. I used some of the soon-to-be-released Sweet & Sassy Framelits, the Layering Love stamp set – and some Playful Palette DSP and Designer Washi Tape. Take a look-see:
My design inspiration came from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #236:
I took an inordinately long time on this one to decide which of the new 2016-2018 In Colors to use – and which one of the many designs in the Playful Palette DSP stack. And then, I happened to glance over at the Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape….and I saw the black tape with the speckles. Boom!
Once that momentous decision was made, it went together fast. I ran a strip of that Washi Tape down the left side of a Very Vanilla card stock panel, and then SNAILd it to a mat of Peekaboo Peach. Then I cut a piece of the Playful Palette DSP to match my Washi Tape, SNAILd that to its own Peekaboo Peach mat, and then to the card front.
I took a little liberty with the sketch and ran a length of Emerald Envy 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon around the card front, securing it in the back with scotch tape.
The sentiment is from Layering Love, stamped in Emerald Envy ink on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut with a Sweet & Sassy Framelit die. I cut the next largest heart in Peekaboo Peach and adhered them together with SNAIL. Then I popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
On the inside, I SNAILd a Very Vanilla panel to a Peekaboo Peach mat and then ran two strips of the Playful Palette Washi Tape around the layered panel. Over the seam, I secured a length of the Emerald Envy 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon, using a little Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to hold it in place and then some scotch tape in the back to permanently hold it on. Then I SNAILd it into my Basic Black card base.
I popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
The Medium Very Vanilla Envelope got a strip of the Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape on the front…
…and a Playful Palette DSP liner, cut with my Envelope Liner Framelit (which is retiring in like…2 weeks! Do. Not. Miss. Out)
Et Voila! A quick and easy blank-on-the-inside card that you could use for all sorts of occasions!
Want to try out some of this paper and ribbon? Well – scroll down a little and check out the Catalog Shares. Spaces are filling up – so don’t wait until the last minute!
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 May – 31 May 16: NK9FHKCF
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or email@example.com
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
See you in the morning!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Layering Love stamp set, Sweet & Sassy Framelits, Playful Palette DSP Stack, Playful Palette Washi Tape, new In Colors, and Emerald Envy 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon will be available on 1 June! Unless you decided to join Stampin’ Up! right now – you could fill your Starter Kit with these goodies! 🙂
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Back Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); Sweet & Sassy die cut (sentiment)
Peekaboo Peach Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); Sweet & Sassy die cut (mat for sentiment); 2″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for Playful Palette DSP panel on front)
Playful Palette DSP Stack: 1 7/8″ x 4″ (panel on front); Envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!