Hey guys – it’s Saturday, thank the good Lord. This has been a week. A very long, tiresome and frequently frustrating-as-all-get-out week.
And I’m tired. And I feel old. My mother is always telling me I’m not old, and I suppose that’s true. But today? I feel old!
My plan for the weekend has shifted. I’ve decided to skip lunch at The Olde Pink House – yes, that’s how tired I am! I’m staying in and vegging. And sleeping.
And making cards – cuz that’s fun – and I have “commissions” for two cards! 🙂 What do y’all think of that plan? I think it’s possibly one of the best plans I’ve devised in a while! I’ve got frozen dinners and leftover red beans and rice. I’m set to hunker like a hermit in my room!
So. Now that you’ve heard way more than you bargained for about my scintillating plans for the weekend, let me show you the card I made for today. I think it’s a fun one! I used some of the Swirly Bird stamp set and its coordinating Swirly Scribbles Framelits. And my sentiment is from another new stamp set, called Perfectly Wrapped. But I made it kind of…different. Take a look-see:
Kinda fun, huh?
I was playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch challenge #172:
And I drew some more inspiration from The Card Concept #55:
I would define this card as a Clean and Layered style, wouldn’t you? And it’s really quick and easy to make, too – so…double whammy of good!
I started by SNAILing a Whisper White panel on a mat of So Saffron card stock. Using the splatter image in the Swirly Bird stamp set, I stamped it multiple times in the center of the panel, in new Emerald Envy ink.
Over that I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere two of the Swirly Scribbles Framelit die cuts – the large one is in So Saffron and the smaller center is Emerald Envy.
The little leaf guys are also cut with the Swirly Scribbles dies – this is just a really fun set! – from Emerald Envy card stock. I stamped each little leaf with one of the vein-y looking images, using Emerald Envy ink for a tone-on-tone look. They’re adhered directly to the card front with the Liquid Glue.
For the sentiment, I pulled out the image from Perfectly Wrapped and stamped it twice in Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White. Then I cut the letters out – I used both stamped images – cutting every other letter out. That made it so I didn’t have to worry about “protecting” the letter on either side of the one I was cutting. Does that make sense?
I kept the letter blocks as evenly sized as I could, and when I had them all cut, I tapped each edge into my Emerald Envy ink pad, to give them just a little color.
I popped each letter on – keeping them casually placed – with a piece of Stampin’ Dimensional on the back.
And that was it for the card front! Easy peasy!
On the inside, I SNAILd another panel of Whisper White to a So Saffron mat to begin. In the middle of the panel, I stamped one of the swirl images from Swirly Bird in So Saffron. Then I stamped the smallest little swirl, in Emerald Envy – stamped off once! – right in the middle. I also used stamped-off-once Emerald Envy for the four twiggy looking images -stamped around the swirls – to carry over the design on the front. The inside sentiment is also from Perfectly Wrapped, and is stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink.
I SNAILd the finished panel into my Whisper White card base, popped the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got some more Swirly Bird swirls on the front – stamped in So Saffron and stamped-off-once Emerald Envy…
And since there’s not a DSP that matches this – I made my own for a liner! I took a scrap of White Envelope Paper, stamped more of the same Swirly Bird pattern on it, and cut it out with my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! I think these swirls look like so many galaxies swirling around the skies.
Do you see that – or is that just me?!? 😉
Anyway – I hope that you like this one. Swirly Bird and Swirly Scribbles will be available on 1 June! As will Emerald Envy and the other 2016-2018 In Colors. The countdown has begun! 🙂
As a reminder – the Envelope Liner Framelits are leaving us soon!! Get them before they’re gone. All the coolest folk have them! 🙂
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 May – 15 May 16: 6WVSHFR7
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or email@example.com
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
See you in the morning!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Swirly Bird stamp set, Swirly Scribbles Framelits, the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set and Emerald Envy card stock and Classic Ink will all be available on 1 June!
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
So Saffron Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); Swirly Scribbles die cut
Emerald Envy Card Stock: Swirly Scribbles die cuts
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!