It’s Finally Friday da da duh duh….sing that along with me! I have big plans for this weekend. Wanna hear ’em? Okay – here we go…
Take a nap.
Oh – and maybe make some cards!
And no doubt there’s another lunch at The Olde Pink House in the works – I do believe we’ve started a tradition! 🙂
Sounds pretty perfect, doesn’t it?
So, for the last card share of the work week, I’ve got a cool one that combines a couple of fun card elements. It starts with a Shutter Fold Card – see the Tutorial for that here. Then I added a cool shaker element for the front. I used the new-in-the-new-catalog Host set called Pun Intended. Take a look-see:
If you’ve seen the Tutorial, you know that I use a belly-band to hold my Gate cards closed. Here’s what it looks like on the inside….
I started by building my gate card. It’s made with a Melon Mambo card base, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored/folded at 2 1/8″ and 6 3/8″. I made the front panels by SNAILing a piece of the new Pop of Pink DSP onto mats of Basic Black and then SNAILing them to the front gates.
The inside center panel is also from the Pop of Pink DSP, SNAILd on Basic Black and the hole punched per the tutorial. After I made and installed the Melon Mambo shutters, I stamped the sentiment from Pun Intended in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a 1 7/8″ circle of Whisper White card stock, matted on Melon Mambo. I added a couple of Melon Mambo hearts – also from Pun Intended – and stuck it inside the opened shutter with some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
I cut a quick heart from Melon Mambo with one of the fun heart dies in the Sweet & Sassy Framelits set and then stamped it with “Love You” from the Bear Hugs stamp set in Basic Black ink. I used my Stampin’ Write Marker to ink just the words on the stamp. Then I used the same Marker and made some “stitches” around the heart. Finally, I used a little bit of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere it to the center panel – making sure it didn’t interfere with the closing of the card.
The belly band is a 1″ wide strip of Melon Mambo card stock, wrapped lightly around the card and the ends adhered together with a little Liquid Glue. The shaker element was built with a Whisper White circle, stamped with the camera image from Pun Intended in Basic Black Archival Ink. I added the sentiment in Melon Mambo and ever-so-accurately stamped the little heart image inside the flash bulb!
The top of the shaker started with a circle of Pop of Pink DSP, matted on Melon Mambo and then the center cut out with my 2 1/2″ Circle Punch (retiring 31 May). I adhered a piece of Window Sheet to the back of that circular frame, and ran some of the awesome new Foam Adhesive Strips (coming 1 June) around the edge. Be sure to give the window sheet a little rub with your Embossing Buddy to keep your sequins and stuff from sticking!
I made some confetti by punching Melon Mambo hearts with the Confetti Hearts Border Punch and then I added some Brights Sequins. Now – I might have gotten a little carried away with the sequins!! More is better isn’t alway so – maybe use less than you think you need…. I piled all the sequins and confetti in the center of the Whisper White circle and then carefully laid the window-paneled circle over the top. And voila – shaker element! 🙂
I stuck the shaker element to the belly band with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and the card was done!
For the Whisper White Medium Envelope, I used more of the heart stamp from Pun Intended, stamping it in Melon Mambo and Basic Black Archival Ink on the front….
…and also on the inside of the flap. I didn’t want to add a lot of bulk, so I just repeated the stamped Pun Intended hearts!
Et Voila! A really fun shaker card that opens up to an even funner (that’s really a word!) shutter fun fold on the inside!
Hope you like!
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 May – 15 May 16: 6WVSHFR7
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
See you in the morning!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
The Pun Intended stamp set, Pop of Pink DSP, Sweet & Sassy Framelits and Foam Adhesive Strips are available on 1 June. Pun Intended is a Host Stamp!
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Melon Mambo Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (Card Base); 3 1/2″ x 4″ (x 2 – shutters); 3 3/4″ circle (mat for shaker card top circle); 2″ circle (mat for inside sentiment circle); 1″ x 11″ (belly band – cut down to size)
Basic Black Card Stock: 3″ x 5 3/8″ (inside panel mat); 2″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for front gate panels)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 3/4″ circle (Sentiment circle on front); 1 7/8″ circle (sentiment circle on the inside)
Pop of Pink DSP: 2 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ (inside panel); 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ (front gate panels); 2 3/4″ circle (shaker card top circle)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!