Happy 2-Days-Until-Christmas, y’all! Back at home for a few days – and I’ve discovered a new luxury! Yesterday I spent some time – kind of a lot of time, really – unpacking all my stuff from my recent trip. And unpacking boxes of goodies from Stampin’ Up! that I’d ordered while I was away. Then I sat down to make a card to share for today. Ahhhhhhhhh……what a treat to have all my “stuff” at my fingertips! All my stamp sets to choose from. All my TIEFS. All my inks and paper colors. Sigh…….it was lovely! 🙂
I am having the tiniest bit of difficulty getting back into the swing of at-home-time-management. Dinner? Now?? So, I’m actually writing this post on Wednesday morning which, if you’ve been following me for any time, you’ll know is not my norm. But – I got to too-late-for-me-to-think last night with my card barely done. See what I mean? Time management – fail! But I’ll get better…
So, with everything at hand, I pulled out my Fluttering TIEF, mixed it up with some Love Blossoms DSP (coming soon – 5 Jan!) and a little Papillon Potpourri and a couple of Bloomin’ Love stamps (also coming soon) and this is what I came up with. Take a look-see:
Do you miss my hotel-towel-not-lit-very-well photo “booth”? Yea – me neither.
The design for this card was inspired by Sunday Stamps Challenge #116. Go over and see what folks are doing with this wide-open design, okay?
I got a new Brayer – been wanting one for a while and finally Just Did It. So, I used that to ink up the emboss side (with the printing on it) of my lovely big Fluttering TIEF with Blushing Bride ink. I ran a panel of Whisper White card stock thru the Big Shot in the inked TIEF to create my background. And then….
As an aside – when we were at Onstage Live last November, during the launch of the new Occasions Catalog products, all the demos there acted like they’d seen Justin Bieber, Kevin Costner and Chris Pine all coming thru the convention center doors. Well, maybe not Justin Bieber – let’s make it Sean Connery! But there were no celebrities there. You know what it was?? The announcement of something called a Wink of Stella. I had no clue. But they were all acting like this was the best thing since sliced bread and that they’d been waiting for it to come to Stampin’ Up!’s shelves forever!
So I bought one of each color – clear and gold.
And I’m officially in love! 😉
It’s impossible to see in the pictures – but I took the Clear Wink of Stella and “painted” the background of the embossed panel – and the shimmer it yielded is just gorgeous! Subtle subtle – but definitely there! Wink of Stella is coming on 5 Jan in the 2016 Occasions Catalog – and I’m betting it’s going to be a HUGE seller – so get it quick. You’re going to love them if you haven’t used them before.
I SNAILd that panel to a piece of Sahara Sand card stock. Then I cut a strip of Love Blossoms DSP Stack paper and layered that on Sahara Sand as well. I SNAILd the strip to the card front, and trimmed the sides to fit.
My cluster of pretty stuff started with the heart stamp from the soon-to-be-available Bloomin’ Love stamp set – I stamped it twice in Blushing Bride on Whisper White card stock. One of them I punched out with my Sweetheart Punch – it’s smaller than the stamp – but it’s the size I needed. The second one I fussy cut. I edged both of the hearts with my Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Marker.
I punched a couple more Sweetheart Punches from the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper (yep – 5 Jan). Then I pulled out Papillon Potpourri (a pretty set from the Annual Catalog) and stamped a couple of butterflies on Blushing Bride card stock – 2 in Blushing Bride ink and one in Rose Red. I punched them out with the Elegant Butterfly punch and the Bitty Butterfly Punch and rolled their wings with my Bone Folder.
I layered them onto the card front with a combination of Liquid Glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals, saving the large Rose Red butterfly to add after my sentiment.
The sentiment, also from Bloomin’ Love, is stamped in Sahara Sand ink on Blushing Bride card stock. This is a photopolymner set, so it’s easy to line the sentiment up with the banner. I fussy cut the banner, and adhered it to the card front with Mutli-Purpose Liquid Glue. Then I added the last butterfly with Liquid Glue!
The inside is another Whisper White-on-Sahara Sand liner. I stamped XOXO (from Bloomin’ Love) in Sahara Sand in the center. Then I cut a tiny piece of thin scrap paper and laid it over the sentiment as a mask. Over that I stamped another Bloomin’ Love heart in Blushing Bride. And that was it!
I SNAILd that inside my Blushing Bride card base and popped the front on with Stampin’ DImensionals. I finished the front off with some Pearl Basic Jewels on the butterflies and the sentiment and the card was done!
I added a Bloomin’ Love heart in Blushing Bride to the front of a Medium Whisper White envelope…
…and made a “liner” by stamping inside and on the back with Blushing Bride inked Bloomin’ Love hearts and Papillon Popourri butterflies!
Et Voila! A pretty card suitable for Valentine’s Day or just any day when you want to express your love for a special someone. I hope that you like it! 🙂
If you like the Love Blossoms paper and the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper, consider getting a sampling of both, along with all the other new papers, and ribbon and embellishments by buying a 2016 Occasions Catalog share – scroll down for details!
Just a reminder that SU! has added more items to the Year-End Clearance Sale, so be sure to go check it out!
Tomorrow is Happy Stampers Blog Hop Day (oh, and Christmas Eve!) – hope that you’ll take time out of your holiday preparations to come back here and then check out all the ladies’ blogs. 🙂
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 22 Dec – 28 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 28 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT (the first 4 items are available on 5 Jan!)
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base; scored and folded at 4 1/4″); butterfly punches; sentiment banner
Sahara Sand Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); 1 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for front DSP strip)
Whisper White Card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); hearts on front
Love Blossoms DSP Stack: 1 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ (front DSP strip)
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper: Sweetheart Punches
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 21 Dec 15
139672: Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (523 backordered; 9,576 expected)
138296: Washi Label Punch (50 backordered; 2,016 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,004 backordered; 6,688 expected)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)