Alrighty, folks! I’m home in Atlanta! The weather is crisp and cool and the days are counting down to Christmas. So, as you’d obviously expect – I have a completely non-Christmas card to share with you today. Not a Calling Bird to be found! 😉
I saw a similar kind of project on Pinterest, and wanted to give it a try. It uses acrylic block stamping – something I always think “oh, that’s cool, I’m going to try that” and then I always forget. Well, this time I didn’t forget. I also used my new-to-me Wild About Flowers to create a silhouette and the ever-faithful Watercolor Wishes for the sentiment. Just as an aside, folks – if you haven’t availed yourselves of the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit – do yourself the favor of picking it up. The cards you make with the kit are lovely, and having the exclusive-to-the-kit stamp set to use forever and ever is a true bonus!
Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming….
Here’s what I got with my first go at acrylic block stamping. Take a look-see:
I pulled out a panel of Very Vanilla and matted it on a piece of Early Espresso card stock. Then I made my block stamps. I didn’t get all het up about the spacing – I decided it would look a little more informal and artsy if the overlaps on the blocks weren’t perfectly exactly the same. I placed the layered card front on my squishy computer mouse pad (you could also use the Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pierce Mat – just need something squishy!). The blocks are my Size C block, inked with Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow. I stamped the blocks off once (also using the squishy mat) before I stamped the card front.
The flowers are from Wild About Flowers, and are stamped in Early Espresso. This is a cool stamp set from the 2015-2106 Annual Catalog, letting you play around with all sorts of flower/stem combinations. Have fun with it!
The sentiment, from Watercolor Wishes, is stamped in Early Espresso on the Mossy Meadow block.
I gave each square and the card front itself some Early Espresso “stitching” with my Stampin’ Write Marker. Then I added a Very Vintage Button with a couple of Glue Dots, and embellished it with a double bow – made from a length of Linen Thread and a length of Old Olive Baker’s Twine. That’s adhered to the button with a Glue Dot as well. Gotta love those Glue Dots! 🙂
I set the completed card front aside and worked on the inner liner. That’s another Very Vanilla on Early Espresso card stock layer. Then I took the larger of the Wild About Flowers stamps that I’d used on the front, inked it with Early Espresso and then stamped it off three times before I stamped it on the Very Vanilla card stock. Then I did the same exact thing (stamp off three times first) with the shorter stem image from the front. I didn’t add the flowers.
That gave me a very very light image that is easily written over – so I get the impact without taking away all the writing space! 🙂 I finished it off with more Early Espresso stitches and SNAILd it into my Always Artichoke card base. Popping the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals was the only thing left to do and the card was done.
The envelope started with a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope, that I stamped the front of with the two flower and stem images – I gave it a lot of stamping – cause I just liked how it looked. I did several images without re-inking, keeping going until I thought it was about right! You could do more or less stamping to your taste…
…and the inner liner is a piece of Always Artichoke paper from the Regals Color Collection DSP Stack. I cut it with my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! A lovely card to let someone know you’re thinking about them. Could be for a sympathy card or just because it’s Monday. I hope that you like it and that you’ll try the acrylic block stamping technique real soon!
Stamping’ Up updates and a new set of Weekly Deals tomorrow – which means today is the last day for these Weekly Deals if you’ve had your eye on them!
Getting close to the end of the year – and the impending end of the Holiday Retiring products and the super Year-End Clearance sale. Scroll on down to check them – and all the great things you can get in a 2016 Occasions Catalog share! – out.
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 15 Dec – 21 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 21 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
NO PICTURE YET 🙁
Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Always Artichoke Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base; scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Early Espresso Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner)
Very Vanilla Card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and inner liner)
Always Artichoke Regals Color Collection DSP Stack: envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 17 Dec 15
139672: Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (178 backordered; 9,576 expected)
103083: Embossing Buddy (22 backordered; 1,080 expected)
138296: Washi Label Punch (16 backordered; 2,016 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (719 backordered; 6,688 expected)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)
Very pretty Mary! Love this technique, it looks great with this stamp set! So glad that you’re back in Atlanta safe and sound…I bet that this cold weather was a bit of a shock to the system. 🙂