Good Sunday morning to you! Hope that your weekend has been wonderful – are you enjoying turkey leftovers in all their different guises?? 🙂
Today’s card share is not a Christmas card – I needed a Birthday card, so thought I’d take a quick moment to give you another 2016 Occasions Catalog sneak peek. I hope these little peeks will get you excited about the arrival of the new catalog! And – I hope that you’re thinking about catalog shares, cause I am – I’ll be posting really soon about the shares. So watch for that, okay?
For my card, I used the Blooming’ Heart Thinlit die cut that we brought home from Onstage Live. I added some Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – it is so pretty! – and some ribbon from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit! Take a look-see:
Kinda pretty, huh? A little different than my usual fare, but…I like it! And I think it’s got a nice vintage feel to it, too.
So – the white, lacey die cut that you see was made from a piece of the Love Blossoms Designer Paper Stack that’s a part of the Love Blossoms suite in the upcoming Occasions Catalog. We cut it using the large Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits Die. See it? Very detailed thinlit!!
This is a set you’ll be able to bundle with the Bloomin’ Love stamp set for a 15% savings.
So – we cut that out at Onstage Live. For this card, I adhered it to a piece of the pretty new Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper, and fussy cut the Glimmer Paper to give the die cut a backer.
The card front is a piece of Sahara Sand card stock, embossed in the Lovely Lace TIEF. Before I ran it thru the Big Shot, I sponged the embossing side of the folder with Sahara Sand ink – that yielded a tone-on-tone depth to the embossing.
I SNAILd the embossed panel to a piece of Blushing Bride card stock and then adhered my heart on with SNAIL. For the ribbon embellishment, I pulled out the Blushing Bride satin ribbon from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. To make the ruching, I laid a piece of Tear & Tape Adhesive on the heart, and then just stuck the ribbon on it to pleat it up! The tape is only about two inches long. It wasn’t difficult, but it did take a few minutes and some patience – so take yer time! 😉
I adhered the ends of the satin ribbon to the back of the card front panel – then I wrapped a length of Venetian Crochet Trim around the whole thing and tied a bow over the ribbon on the front.
I added several small flowers to the flowers on the heart die cut. The Thinlits set comes with two smaller flower dies, and those are what I used. I made two larger flowers – cutting a larger flower and a smaller one from the Love Blossoms DSP. I rolled their little petals and adhered them together with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and attached them to the heart. For their centers, I used a couple of the sparkly enamel glitter dots from the Embellishment Kit. The small flowers were made using two of the smaller die cuts – and their centers are a Blushing Bride sequin – also from the Embellishment Kit! You’re going to want that kit! 🙂
That finished off the card front – and so I set it aside to make the inside liner.
For that, I used a piece of Whisper White card stock, SNAILd to a mat of Blushing Bride. I stamped the sentiment from Watercolor Wishes in Sahara Sand. Then I added a couple of the blossom swags from the Bloomin’ Love stamp set, in Blushing Bride.
I adhered the liner to the inside of my Sahara Sand card base with SNAIL and then did the same with the card front – too much “stuff” on there already to need to pop it up with Dimensionals!
I embellished a Whisper White Medium Envelope with a few more Blushing Bride flower-dy swags on the front (and on the back flap!)….
…and I made a liner with a piece of Love Blossoms DSP cut with my Envelope Liner Framelits!
So – what do you think? Have you added this Love Blossoms Suite to your shopping/wish list for January? I hope so – it’s one of the prettiest sets I’ve seen!
Today and tomorrow is all that remains of the Online Extravaganza and the Double Punkin’ Head Rewards ordering special! And tomorrow will be the second Flash Sale – so be watching for that in tomorrow’s post!
DOUBLE PUNKIN’ HEAD REWARD PEPPERMINTS!!
For every $25 or more (before taxes and shipping) ordered thru my Online store during the Online Extravaganza, I’ll give you DOUBLE peppermints (that would be two peppermints!) Just 16 Peppermints yields big rewards – I’m talking’ your choice of product(s) in either catalog valued at $40! Get all the information on my Punkin’ Head Rewards Program here! 🙂
16 Nov – 30 Nov Hostess Code: 3CT2D3SV. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Nov is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
- Dates: November 23-30, 2015
- Two 24-hour flash sales for specific products will happen during this promotion: one on 23 November and one on 30 November.
- Past Paper Pumpkin kits and kit refills in Online Extravaganza are available for purchase by subscribers and non-subscribers.
- You choose the special bundle item codes provided for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will not be applied if individual component item numbers are entered separately. Bundles featured in Online Extravaganza will exist only during Online Extravaganza.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will range from 20 to 50 percent.
- Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
- All order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online) qualify for the Online Extravaganza discounted items and bundles.
- North America markets are participating in this promotion. Europe and South Pacific markets are not participating because this promotion was designed around a cultural event in North America.
- Sale is while supplies last – so tarry not!
Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Now that you’ve read the fine print, here are links to all the Online Specials going on now!
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 24 Nov – 30 Nov 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 30 Nov!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Sahara Sand Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (embossed card front)
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat);
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper: Backer for Bloomin’ Heart Die
Love Blossoms DSP: Bloomin’ Heart Die cuts and Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 24 NOV 15
139638: Snowflake Elements (9,680 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140436: Saison de fêtes Photopolymer Stamp Set
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (3,669 backordered; 10,440 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (811 backordered; 4,224 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (852 backordered; 3,024 expected)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (1,654 backordered; 4,740 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (8,157 backordered; 9,792 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (2,928 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (1,233 backordered; 3,520 expected)