Monday Monday…. I don’t know the rest of the words to the song, sorry! All I know is that the weekend flew by and it’s Monday again! Wow.
It’s also getting so close to the holidays – Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. 2016 will be here before we know it. Have we entered a time warp? Time is just flying by!
So, today’s share plays with a fun technique that I’ve seen around the net – Pinterest and other demo blogs. The latest I saw was a video on how to create this look – the Northern Lights Stamping Technique – from Dawn Olchefske. I watched her video and then gave it a try! I used the To You and Yours Too stamp set. Take a look-see:
The card design was inspired by the Sunday Stamps Challenge #112. It’s a wide open sketch with lots of possibilities. Be sure to go check it out and maybe play along, too!
I started by making the snowy, silver embossed background for my card. I used the snowflakes from the Wonderland stamp set, inked with Versamark and then sprinkled with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated with the heat tool.
The two rectangles are identically sized. The bottom layer is a piece of Silver Foil, again heat embossed with Silver Powder – stamped with the Wonderland Snowflakes. I liked how it gave a shiny tone-on-tone look – texture, but no additional color. It’s SNAILd to a mat of Night of Navy Card Stock.
The art piece is a piece of Whisper White card stock. I followed Dawn’s technique pretty closely, sponging “swipes” of color – starting with Daffodil Delight, then some Bermuda Bay (I don’t have Tempting Turquoise!) and finishing with Rich Razzleberry. Then I sponged – heavily! – my Night of Navy around the top and down the sides to make the night sky.
I inked up the silhouette image in To You and Yours Too in Basic Black Archival Ink and stamped it in the center bottom of the piece of card stock. Then I used my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to add black on either side of the stamped image, completing my “hill”.
I added more Wonderland snowflakes to the night sky with Whisper White Craft Ink. I stamped off on scrap paper before I stamped on my card. I set it aside to dry for a bit.
The sentiment is also from To You and Yours Too, heat embossed in Silver. When it was cool, I SNAILd the piece to its Night of Navy mat. And then when I swiped my hand across the paper to help it adhere to the mat, my snowflakes in the sky smeared ever so lightly. Just barely. I said a bad word under my breath. And then I looked more closely. The way the smears looked make the snowflakes look like they’re moving. Or like they’re stars shooting across the sky. So, I decided to leave it be! 🙂
I SNAILd the two rectangles to the heat embossed Blackberry Bliss mat and then popped the card front onto my Night of Navy card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I finished it off with a Snowflake Element, squished into my Craft White ink pad, sprinkled with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated. I added it with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and then stuck an Iced Rhinestone on top.
That completed the front of the card, so I moved inside. I adhered a piece of Whisper White card stock to a mat of Silver Foil. The sentiment is from Versatile Christmas, stamped in Night of Navy.
Then I added some Bermuda Bay snowflakes from Wonderland – stamped off once before stamping the card.
I, of course, blinged up a Whisper White Medium Envelope. I added some stamped-off-once Bermuda Bay snowflakes on the front….
…and made a liner from a piece of Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP using my Envelope Liner Framelits!
Et Voila! A wintery night sky, with Northern Lights adding color and life to the snowy scene! I hope that you’ll check out the video and give this technique a try! It’s easy. And fun!
The 15% off stamp special is going on right now – and will run thru Friday. As is my ordering special – so don’t miss out!!
STAMPS-N-LINGERS ORDERING SPECIAL!
I’m offering an ordering special between now and midnight (Mountain Time) on Friday, 23 Oct!
Folks who place Stampin’ Up! orders of $50 or greater through me will be getting a little bonus from me along with the awesome 15% off stamps sale from Stampin’ Up!
What’s the bonus? Well, it’s threefold!
- You’re going to get the normal gift up to $8.00 from either catalog – I always give my customers a little sumpin-sumpin as a thank-you for ordering with me! Just enter the current hostess code (JD2E3S2U) if your order is under $150. If it’s over $150, then you’ll want to keep your own hostess code – but I’m still going to send the gift! 🙂
- You’re going to get DOUBLE Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards! You’d normally get two peppermints with a $50 order of product. During this week, though – I’ll give you FOUR peppermints for every $50 in product (not including tax and shipping) that you order. 16 Peppermints is all you need to earn a Stampin’ Up! gift of your choice up to $40!
- And – for this SPECIAL ordering period only (right this minute thru midnight Mountain Time, Friday 23 Oct)….in addition to the above rewards, I’m offering you the choice of any ribbon or trim in either catalog!
How to get your free Ribbon or Trim:
Simply place your $50 or greater order and then email me your selection! I’ll order it when I place my Host Order on Nov 1 and I’ll send it out (along with your thank you gift if you’ve added the Host Code or have an order over $150) to you just as soon as my Host Order arrives.
For quick reference, here are the Ribbons and Trim available:
- 5/8″ Chevron Ribbon – in Natural or Smoky Slate
- 1 1/4″ Burlap Ribbon
- 5/8″ Organza Ribbon
- 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon – in Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, or Crumb Cake
- Baker’s Twine – in Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Old Olive or Whisper White
- Thick Baker’s Twine – in Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate or Very Vanilla
- Metallic Baker’s Twine – in Gold or Silver
- Sequin Trim – in Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, Gold or Silver
- White 1 1/4″ Jute Ribbon
- Venetian Crochet Trim
- 1″ Dotted Lace Trim – in Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe or Watermelon Wonder
- Sahara Sand 7/8″ Lace Trim
- Linen Thread
- Metallic Thread – in Gold or Silver
- 1/8″ Ribbon – in Gold or Silver
- 5/8″ Satin Ribbon – in Gold, Silver, Very Vanilla or Whisper White
- 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon -in Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point or Whisper White
- 1/4″ Cotton Ribbon -in Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry or Whisper White
- 5/8″ Striped Cotton Ribbon – in Blackberry Bliss, Helo Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow or Tangelo Twist
- 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon – in Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi or Wisteria Wonder
- Real Red Pompom Trim
- Very Vanilla 1 1/4″ Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon
- Cording Trim – in Gold or Silver
- Gold and White 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon
- 1/8″ Striped Ribbon (you get one of Red/White and one of Green/White)
- Into the Woods 3/8″ Cotton Ribbon
Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Shopping!
Big Stamp Sale Going on THIS Week Only!
- All regular priced stamp sets will be discounted 15% off the retail price from Oct 19-23!! This includes stamps from the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog.
- Bundles, rotary stamps, host sets and clearance rack items are excluded.
- The 15% off stamp sets can be included as part of a Starter Kit (the sale prices will be reflected in the Starter Kit).
DON’T MISS OUT ON EXTRA STAMPIN’ REWARDS!!
If you place an order of $300 or greater or host a stamping event October 9 – November 9 with at least $300 in sales, you’ll receive an extra 3% in Stampin’ Rewards!! For more details, head over to my Promotions page and check them out.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 13 Oct – 19 Oct 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 19 Oct!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Card Cuts Used in Today’s Project
Night of Navy Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base; score and fold at 4 1/4″); 3″ x 4 5/8″ (x 2 – two front rectangle mats)
Blackberry Bliss Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (silver embossed front mat)
Silver Foil; 2 7/8″ x 4 1/2″ (silver embossed front rectangle); 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (inner liner mat)
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 7/8″ x 4 1/2″ (front art piece); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP: envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 15 OCT 15
139584: Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper (2,719 backordered; 8,700 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (1,238 backordered; 2,500 expected)
139643: Reindeer Paper Clips (2,697 backordered; 5,040 expected)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (3,967 backordered; 4,200 expected)
139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (9,285 backordered; 6,930 expected. 3,150 more expected 30 October)
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (930 backordered; 5,040 expected)
139638: Snowflake Elements (890 backordered; 2,052 expected)
138281: Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (248 backordered; 528 expected)
123125: Cherry Cobbler Bakker’s Twine (46 backordered; 2,560 expected)
138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (4,570 backordered; 10,700 expected)
Date to be Determined
139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (8,925 backordered)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (7,866 backordered)
138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (191 backordered)
Love that stamp set! Beautiful card!