Good Friday! Not “Good Friday” – that’s a few months from now!
Don’t scoff – the Christmas decor was up at Costco last weekend. Right next to the Halloween decor.
Which…I thought was interesting on many levels!
But – any which way you look at it – Christmas is almost here – which means Easter is almost here. See? Made it back to “Good Friday”! 😉
Almost got lost in my own ramblings. Sheesh.
Now – on a “normal” Friday – this post would be all about the card that I made for you on my YouTube video yesterday. But…I didn’t MAKE a card! So – there IS a video – but not about this card. It’s all about how to use the Simply Scored Tool to make a box-envelope for a thicker/dimensionalized card. It’s a pretty short video – and you can see it right here on YouTube if you want! 🙂
My card, on the other hand – is a sweet confection suited for those of us who like cookies. And coffee. I used the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set with its bundled Love You More dies and a little Plaid Tidings DSP. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one comes from the fun sketch at the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge.
I started with a piece of coffee/cookie hued Plaid Tidings DSP that I matted on Basic Black for the card front.
On a piece of Whisper White, I stamped the Nothing’s Better Than cookie image three times in Cinnamon Cider ink. Then I cut them with their matching dies from the Love You More Die set.
I colored the cookies with my Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends Combo pack. I added more “chocolate-ness” with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker. And added a little more detail to the cookies with the fine tip end of my Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Write Marker.
I laid out the die cut cookies on a Whisper White panel and used them as a guide to stamp two more cookies directly onto the panel. And I colored them the same as the die cut cookies.
Using Foam Adhesive Sheets – I cut out some Love You More Than die cut sentiments – in Cajun Craze and Basic Black. Then I popped the individual sentiment words onto the panel.
I matted the panel on Basic Black and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I added a Cinnamon Cider 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dot above the “i” in cookies – and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped a Nothing’s Better Than sentiment in Tuxedo Black on a Whisper White panel. I carefully inked just the “and” from one of the sentiments in the Nothing’s Better Than set in Cajun Craze and added it above the first word. Finally, I stamped the “steam” in Cinnamon Cider!
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Basic Black mat and into my Cinnamon Cider card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got a Cinnamon Cider cookie, coffee cup and “steam” on the front…
…and I added a little more Plaid Tidings DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! How cute is this Nothing’s Better Than bundle? Whether you love cookies, chocolate, cocktails or…ALL of them!…this is the bundle for you!
I really love the sentiment dies – all the words are separate – so you can mix them up however you like! Fun!
And Plaid Tidings DSP. Nothing else to say here – favorite DSP ever!!
I hope you like!
And…speaking of DSP….read on. You MIGHT find some info about a cool DSP Sale coming soon from Stampin’ Up! 😉
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
Coming on 1 October!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current catalogs! This’ll be a great time to stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
Here’s the Deets:
- Sale runs 1 Oct – 31 October 2020 at 11:50 pm (MT)
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount – WHOO-HOOO!!!
Here’s a printable PDF that will let you start planning your plan!!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And there’s still a few more days to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s amazing Get & Go Starter Kit Joining Bonus!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up in September additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- We have great virtual team meetings! Here’s a couple of pics of all of us peering into our computer cameras. Look at all those happy faces! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Cinnamon Cider Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Basic Black Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); (mat for center sentiment section); Love You More Than Die cut sentiment on front
Cajun Craze Card Stock: Love You More Than Die cut sentiments on front
Whisper White Card Stock: (center sentiment section); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Plaid Tidings 6″ x 6″ DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Relaxed and yet…ever vigilant…the sentry keeps a watchful eye on the compound.
Like a Navy SEAL – ready to spring into action at the slightest sign of trouble.