Hey y’all – it’s Thursday, so it’s time for another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a Color challenge – and I’m excited to see what everyone brings to the table! I just know you’re going to see a ton of awesome-ness on the hop today!
We had a fun color challenge – we were given five colors and had to use at least three of them. I…over-achiever-teachers-pet-sit-in-the-front-of-the-class-goody-two-shoes that I am…used them all! 😉 I pulled out the Everything Essential stamp set, with it’s cool Essential Tag Punch bundled with it, and the Wreath Builder Dies – then added it all on some Magic in This Night DSP. Take a look-see:
And…here’s our color challenge!
I also borrowed the layout from the inspiration photo over from the TGIF Challenges this week.
I started with some Pretty Peacock paper from the Magic in This Night DSP and matted it on Blackberry Bliss for the card front.
Next up – I used the two cool wreath dies from the Wreath Builder Die set. I used one to cut some Black Glitter Paper and the other to cut some copper Brushed Metallic card stock.
I layered the wreath die cuts on the card front with Liquid Glue – with the Glitter paper on the top!
Next, I put a piece of Whisper White card stock in my Stamparatus and used the Marker-to-Rubber inking technique to stamp the fun Everything Essential image. I colored the spooky mansion with my Blackberry Bliss Marker, the bats and banner outline with my Basic Black Marker – and the sentiment words with my Cajun Craze Marker. I did each component separately – “huffing” a little warm breath on the stamp between each stamp.
Then I cut it out with the Essential Tag Punch and added some doodle-dot-dashes with the Cajun Craze Marker. Finally – I popped the tag onto the wreath with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I tied a small bow with the 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon and adhered it to the tag.
An Iridescent Pearl on the tag – and a few on the wreath – finished off the card front!
On the inside, I inked the fun Jack O’Lantern from Everything Essential in Cajun Craze, stamped it off THREE times and then stamped it in the middle of a Whisper White panel. Stamping it off so many times makes it plenty light enough to write a message over top!
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Blackberry Bliss mat and into my Cajun Craze card base, popped the card front on with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got another Cajun Craze Jack O’Lantern on the front – a little darker this time. I only stamped it off twice before stamping the envelope….
…and then added some more of the pretty Magic in This Night DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I really do love this little Everything Essential set – especially bundled with its Essential Tag Punch. It covers so many occasions!
And the two wreath dies in the Wreath Builder set might be some of the coolest wreath-makers we’ve had!! They’re just perfect layered up on your project! 🙂
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Kristi’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
YouTube Live – After Lunch Bunch!
I’m planning to go live today on my YouTube channel with a new project! Come on over and see what I’m up to today at 1:00 PM ET! Look forward to seeing you then!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- We have great virtual team meetings! Here’s a couple of pics of all of us peering into our computer cameras. Look at all those happy faces! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy Of To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Cajun Craze Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base – scored, cut and folded at 5 1/2″)
Blackberry Bliss Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Black Glitter Paper and Brushed Metallic Card Stock: Wreath Builder die cut wreaths
Whisper White Card Stock: Essential Tag Punch (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Magic in This Night DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFFs on Blog Hop Days!
WOW!!! such an awesome card Mary, a sure winner 🙂 Love the black glitter paper in the wreath and that perfect bow. LOVE this!!