Hey y’all – it’s Thursday, so it’s time for another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a theme challenge – and I’m excited to see what everyone brings to the table! I just know you’re going to see a ton of awesome-ness on the hop today!
I decided to use Mr. Moose in the Merry Moose stamp set and the Moose Punch to be my “animal” for today’s birthday card – with a couple of sentiments from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set. Take a look-see:
And – yes. Animals or Birds is our theme for the challenge this week!
And I pulled inspiration for my layout from the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.
I also used the color palette from TGIF Challenges this week.
I started with a Whisper White panel and stamped the large tree from the Merry Moose stamp set in Pear Pizzazz in the center. I stamped it three times at full strength and then twice more in stamped-off-once ink. Then I used the little snowflakes image to stamp around the top in stamped-off-once Blushing Bride.
I used stamped-off-once Soft Suede to add the “ground” image around the bottom of the trees. Then I embossed the panel in the Winter Snow Embossing Folder. I used a Tasteful Labels die to cut a shape from the middle of the panel.
I matted the whole panel on Blushing Bride for the card front – and then popped the Tasteful Labels die cut back into place with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I punched a Soft Suede moose with the Moose Punch (bundled with the Merry Moose stamp set!).
I tied a Linen Thread double-loop bow and adhered it to the panel with a Glue Dot. Then, using double-stacked Stampin’ Dimensionals, I adhered the punched moose over top.
I stamped a sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set in Soft Suede on Whisper White and cut it with the long, narrow Stitched Rectangles Die. I used double-stack Dimensionals and Liquid Glue to adhere it over the moose. And…that was it for the card front!
On the inside, I added a second sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays in Soft Suede on Whisper White. Over it, I added the small tree image from Merry Moose a few times in stamped-off-once Pear Pizzazz. I also added some very light “ground” in stamped-off-twice Soft Suede.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Blushing Bride mat and into my Soft Suede card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more Merry Moose trees and ground on the front…
…and I added some Soft Suede paper from the Neutrals 6″ x 6″ DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I love the Merry Moose stamp set and its bundled Moose Punch (it’s so cool that the bundle came back – doesn’t usually work that way! – so that you can still buy them together and save 10%!). It’s a perfect bundle for Christmas…
…but you can also change it up with another sentiment set like…Itty Bitty Birthdays – which is chock-a-block full of great ways to say “Happy Birthday”!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Kristi’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
YouTube Live – After Lunch Bunch!
I’m planning to go live today on my YouTube channel with a new project! Come on over and see what I’m up to today at 1:00 PM ET! Look forward to seeing you then!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – this is a really great time to join the team – this sort of deal doesn’t come along very often – especially one with no commitment!
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
Last Day to Get this Fall themed kit!
As the autumn season approaches, prepare to celebrate with the September Paper Pumpkin Kit! There’s so much to love about fall—some love the haunts of Halloween, many love the time to give thanks, and others love the changing colors and cooler temperatures. Whatever you love most about fall, September’s kit has everything you need to celebrate the season your way!
September’s kit is a must-have for those who love to celebrate all things spooky. But, for those who DON’T enjoy the Halloween haunts, the multi-occasion stamp set – combined with a variety of die-cut and reversible paper pieces – offers many ways to customize your fall crafts!
The Hello Pumpkin Paper Pumpkin Kit includes enough supplies to create projects celebrating Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the autumn season. Make them all the same, or mix ‘n’ match!
Here’s the deets….
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 20 cracker box treat packages.
- Each cracker box treat package can be customized to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, the autumn season, or all three!
- Coordinating Colors: Bumblebee, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, white
To get THIS kit, you MUST be signed up by 10 Sep – that’s TODAY! Sign up on 11 Sep….and you’ll get the OCTOBER kit. Which is probably awesome – but…it’s not THIS one!
If you’re not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber – There are two ways to sign up – check it!
You can sign up for a subscription where you’re billed monthly for your kit – click here to get started. Or you can do a Prepaid Subscription! To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Soft Suede Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); Moose Punch
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Stitched Rectangle Die (sentiment)
Neutrals 6″ x 6″ DSP: envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!