Happy Thursday, y’all – and welcome to another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a color challenge, and I hope you’ll check out everyone’s projects when you’re done here!
Our fun colors this week were Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick and Basic Black. I decided to have a bit of a party with them, so I pulled out the Birthday Backgrounds stamp set and the Calls For A Celebration set! Take a look-see:
Here’s our challenge badge – these are really fun colors together!
And, since the actual WORD “Celebration” is on this card, I decided to play along with The Paper Players…
This one was quick and easy!
I started with a Basic Black card base and, across the front, stamped the streamers image from the Birthday Backgrounds stamp set in Versamark Ink. Now – when YOU make this card, do this with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. It’ll show up better!
I cut a square of the Broadway Bound Specialty DSP and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue. On a square of Whisper White, I added some Birthday Backgrounds images – the streamers in Lemon Lime Twist and the confetti in Lovely Lipstick. Then I adhered that over the top at a jaunty angle.
I cut a banner mat from a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock and cut the end with the Banner Triple Punch.
On a strip of Basic Black, I stamped the big sentiment from the Calls For A Celebration set in Versamark Ink, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. When it was cool, I punched the end with my Banner Triple Punch
I adhered the sentiment to the Lemon Lime Twist banner with a little Liquid Glue, then popped the whole thing on with Stampin’ Dimensionals. A small bow, tied from a length of Lovely Lipstick 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon and adhered with a dab of Liquid Glue was next. I used my Dark Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blend to color a Pearl Basic Jewel, which I adhered to the sentiment banner to finish off the card front.
On the inside, I used stamped-off-once Lemon Lime Twist and Lovely Lipstick ink in the middle of a Whisper White panel.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Lovely Lipstick mat and into the Basic Black card base and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more Birthday Backgrounds streamers and confetti on the front…
…and the envelope flap got some Broadway Bound Specialty DSP.
Et Voila! I love this Birthday Backgrounds set – so many cool images to play with to create all sorts of “paper”! And Calls For A Celebration is really fun and useful – with plenty of sentiments for celebratingNow that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Kristi Gray’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 1 JUL – 15 JUL: XQMBATM2
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from any active catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
If you’re one of my peeps who’ve been thinking about joining Stampin’ Up! – now is the time!
Everyone who joins Stampin’ Up in July will get to select a free New Ink Pad bundle in addition to their Starter Kit! The Starter Kit is just $99+ applicable taxes and you get to choose $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise. And your Starter Kit ships for free!! Whoo-hoo!
If you’ve ever considered joining, July is the PERFECT time…$125 in Stampin’ Up! products plus a FREE assortment of ink pads, that’s a $192.50 in product for only $99!! Uhm….hello?!?
You can select from any of the ink pad assortments on the flyer above:
- 2017-2019 In Colors & 2018-2020 In Colors Color Collections
- Brights Color Collection
- Neutrals Color Collection
- Regals Color Collection
- Subtles Color Collection
I’d love to have you join the team! We welcome all types of Demonstrators from folks who just want the 20-25% discount for themselves…to peeps who want to run a business… and anywhere in between!
There’s no commitment and no penalty if you decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you. Why not give it a try? We have a fun Facebook page where we chat a lot and we do virtual meetings monthly and in-person meetings quarterly. Drop me a note at email@example.com if you have any questions. You can also see more information about the benefits of becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator here.
Here’s the deets from Stampin’ Up! for this promotion:
Promotion Dates: July 1–31, 2018
- Free assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads available only to new demonstrators who submit applications within promotion dates.
- Each Stampin’ Pad Family is an assortment of 10 coordinating ink pads from one of the following color collections: Brights, Neutrals, Regals, Subtles, and 2017–2020 In Colors.
- The 2017–2020 In Color Classic Stampin’ Pads bundle (item 150289) is exclusive to this promotion and includes all colors in both the 2017–2019 In Colors as well as those as the 2018–2020 In Colors.
- The Neutrals assortment does not include the three Basic colors: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White.
- Deadline to join: July 31, 2018; 11:59 PM (MT).
Questions? Give me a holler – I’m happy to help! But if you’re ready to do this – click right HERE to get started!
Do You Love Our Designer Series Paper?
Here’s the list of the papers available in this promotion…
Here’s the deets:
- Dates: July 1-31, 2018. The Ordering deadline is 6:50PM mountain time on the 31st.
- Only Designer Series Papers listed in the table above qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- There are no ordering limits on this promotion.
- All order types qualify for this promotion: customer, demonstrator, workshop, online.
- Designer Series Paper ordered with Stampin’ Rewards is not eligible for the promotion.
- This promotion does not apply to starter kits.
- When you order thru my Online Store and add three qualifying Designer Series Paper packs, a prompt to add a free Designer Series Paper will appear in the merchandising section.
- If you order four packages of the same qualifying Designer Series Paper, you’ll need to enter three together and then order the fourth free item separately.
Get them right here!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored at 5 1/2″); 1″ x 3 3/4″ (sentiment)
Lovely Lipstick Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock: 1″ x 3 3/4″ (sentiment mat)
Broadway Bound Specialty DSP: (x 2 – panels on front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFF’s on Blog Hop Days