Mornin’, y’all – happy Friday! Another weekend approacheth! 🙂
I’ve got some birthdays coming up in the next few months so I decided to go ahead and get a card or two made. For this one today, I used the so-wonderful Happy Birthday Thinlit! And – the Count My Blessings stamp set. Take a look-see:
I got the idea for several of the elements from this week’s Tic-Tac-Toe challenge – I went right down the right column…
The sketch I used is the one from Freshly Made Sketches.
I started with some chevron-design paper from the Painted Autumn DSP, matting it on Old Olive with Fast Fuse.
The oval was cut from some Wood Textures DSP with a Stitched Shapes die – the largest of the oval dies – and adhered directly to the card front with some Liquid Glue.
Using the Happy Birthday Thinlit, I cut three of the sentiments from Very Vanilla card stock and adhered them together in a stack with Liquid Glue.
I stamped several of the large acorn image from the Count My Blessings stamp set in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla. They’re all colored with Stampin’ Blends. I used the Bronze Blend for the base of the acorns. The top of the acorns is Dark and Light Crumb Cake and the leaves are Old Olive. Once they were all colored, I spent a little time fussy cutting! 🙂 Hint: If you love the Count My Blessings stamp set – and have been waiting to order it – now’s the time! It’s retiring after the Holiday Catalog goes away – so…it’s only available while supplies last!
About the time I put my Blends back in their new StampNStorage shelf (shameless plug…), I realized that it would be cool to have a couple of acorns popped up on Dimensionals. So – I stamped, colored and cut another set – one large acorn and one small.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the acorns in and around the thinlit die cut and then adhered it all to the card front. I popped those last two acorns onto the top cluster with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I brushed just the bases of the acorns with my Clear Wink of Stella.
To finish off the card front, I tied three tiny little bows from Linen Thread and adhered them to each acorn with a dab of Liquid Glue.
For the inside, I stamped the large acorn image again in Early Espresso on a Very Vanilla panel. And then I colored it again with the Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Bronze Stampin’ Blends.
Hint. Do not try to color when you’re in a hurry! I mean – you can color quickly – but…don’t try to do it when you’re pressed for time or have something else you need to be doing other than enjoying the creative process.
So – started over and got my acorn successfully colored, then used my Blender Pen to pull some of the color out and around the image to create a shadow effect.
I Fast Fuse’d the panel to an Old Olive mat and into my Thick Very Vanilla card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
I repeated the Count My Blessings acorn on the front of my Very Vanilla Medium Envelope – don’t forget the plastic sheet from the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig inside your envelope when you color it with your Stampin’ Blends! I repeated the Blender Pen treatment on this image as well…
…then I put some more of the Wood Textures DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I really really love this Happy Birthday Thinlits die – and I think it turned out beautifully studded with Count My Blessings acorns! Hope you like!
Be sure to get your own copy of Count My Blessings right away – it won’t be around much longer! 🙁
HOST CODE FOR 1 DEC – 15 DEC: 43XZQJ9P
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
I’m Placing My Order for Occasions Catalogs Today!
The Great Year-End Sale Has Begun!
The Year-End Sales Event is our chance to do a little inventory cleaning—and your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. This promotion features a selection of items that are last-chance and limited-inventory, so be sure to get your orders placed while supplies last! And folks – there’s a lot of w
Check out the Retiring and Surplus Items List….
That list contains all of the retiring and surplus items featured in the Year-End Sales Event. Retiring products will no longer be available for purchase after January 2, 2018. Make note: some of the retiring items listed are bundles that won’t be available once the Holiday Catalog goes away – but the stamp set and/or matching dies will be around (just not for the 10% savings bundled price!). So – if those are on your wish list – now’s the time to snap them up and save!
- All order types qualify for this promotion. No minimum purchase required.
- Discounts apply to select items only.
- Retiring items from the 2017 holiday catalog are available while supplies last.
- Excess items from 2017 annual catalog are available in limited quantities at the promotional price.
- Discounted items may be added to a Starter Kit—or purchased with Stampin’ Rewards—at the promotional price.
- Items and discounts may vary by market (depending on inventory levels).
- Host sets can be purchased using only Stampin’ Rewards from a qualifying party.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, we’ll keep producing retiring stamps until December 21 (not accessories—accessories are only while supplies last).
- January 2, 2018, by 11:50 PM (MT)
Here’s a link right to the Year End Sale goodies in my Online Store!
CHANGE IN STAMPARATUS RESERVATION WINDOWS!!
YOU NEED TO READ THIS MESSAGE FROM STAMPIN’ UP!
- Beginning March 19, we will ship Stamparatuses in the order the reservations were received (first in, first out) and continue through the next few months and beyond as product arrives in our warehouse. Because shipment dates are based on manufacturing lead times, not all of the reservations made during the December 5–30 window will ship on March 19 (as was previously announced).
- In order to accommodate demand, limits have changed as follows:
- One reservation per customer and one per demonstrator.
- Because we are not limiting the maximum number of reservations for the second window, we will not offer a third window. This is the last chance for you and your customers to reserve a Stamparatus before it becomes available in the 2018-2019 annual catalog.
Please note what has not changed:
- If you reserved more than one stamping tool during the first reservation period, that number will not change; you will still receive the same number you reserved.If you reserved one or more stamping tool(s) during the first reservation period, you may still order during the second window.
- The reservation window will open at 2:00 PM (MT) on December 5.
We can’t wait for you to get your hands on your very own Stamparatus and look forward to seeing the projects you’ll make with this incredible stamping tool.
I’ve got all the information over on my Promotions page – including a super little video with lots of information on this wonderful new stamp placement tool. Be sure to check it out – peruse the how-to-reserve-your-Stamparatus tutorial you’ll find there, and then mark your calendar for the next reservation window on 5 Dec!!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Thick Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Old Olive Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 4″ (mat for embossed panel)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner) ; Happy Birthday Thinlit die cuts (x3 – sentiment); fussy cut Count My Blessings acorn clusters
Painted Autumn DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front)
Wood Textures DSP: largest Stitched Shapes oval (oval behind sentiment); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
So. I’ve had horses of my own now for…oh gosh. Let’s see. I got my first horse when I was…13? 14? And, I’m 29 now, so that would make it….well – quite a long time. 🙂
I’ve had an Aussie Horse Herder for a little over a year.
Here’s the question.
How in the world did I ever EVER get these darned ponies to come into the barn and go into their stalls all by myself?
When I didn’t have an Aussie Horse Herder.
It was – I am sure! – sheer chaos!
But – no longer.
NOW they hasten into the barn – warily watching the great Aussie Horse Herder…
Well – except Bo. He – the Wild Stallion – is not to be pushed.
He’ll make his way in at his pwn pace.
Thank you very much! 🙂
What an awesome birthday card! I need to get working on a stack of those too…think that I might just borrow your design! 😉 Great pictures of Finn with the horses, I’m sure that he enjoys the “work” too! 🙂