Happy Hawwwmp Day, y’all! It’s the middle of a four-day week. My favorite kind.
So. Water. Finn. It’s inevitable.
Really just a matter of time. Of course, me tossing his bumper toy in the pond the other day….can I help it if it’s bright green and it floats!?! An odd coincidence that I’d have purchased a floating bumper….
LOL! That weird front leg is just a regular leg…sopping wet!! He had fun once he realized he could grab the bumper right out of the water!!
And a bath (with soap!) will be next…. 😉
So – my card for today has about 20 different techniques in it. Okay – maybe…four? Triple-time stamping (sort of modified), spotlighting, masking and watercoloring. I used the Oh So Succulent bundle and a Thoughtful Thanks sentiment. Take a look-see:
The layout is from the Mojo Monday sketch this week.
And I played along with the theme challenge at Just Us Girls.
Okay. Now – not one of these things is hard, okay? So I want you to plan to make a card like this real soon – I’m fixin’ to tell you how!
First off, I cut my three Whisper White pieces to create the card front. I used just a smidge of Liquid Glue to adhere them together exactly like I planned for them to be built on the card. Don’t use a lot of glue – you’re going to take the pieces apart.
The last time I used the So Succulent stamp set, I’d made several sticky note masks – and kept them in my stamp case to use again. So I was ready to go!
I stamped the large flower in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink several times around the card – being sure to get it all over and some images off the sides.
Then, using my sticky note masks, I covered the large flowers and added the hang-y down flower image from So Succulent. Finally, I added the small flowers.
Once the ink was good and dry, I pulled my pieces apart. To make the diagonal stripe, I marked the edge of the largest panel with a very light pencil mark. I measured 1/2″ down from that mark and made a second mark. I did that on both sides of the panel, and then used my Stampin’ Trimmer to cut from mark to mark and removed the strip!. Then I used Liquid Glue to adhere the two remaining pieces to a Melon Mambo mat.
I used my new Watercolor Pencils (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Melon Mambo) to color just the center panel. I colored the edges of all the petals and leaves and then used a Blender Pen to lightly blend and smooth my pencil lines.
I matted the colored panel and the one remaining (small, uncolored) panel on their Melon Mambo mats, and adhered them to the card front. Just make sure to attach them in the correct spot – and right side up!
My sentiment, from Thankful Thoughts, is stamped in Melon Mambo on some Whisper White and then cut out with a Stitched Shapes Framelit (they’re back – get them here!!) oval. I matted it on a Melon Mambo oval cut with the Oval Layering Framelits.
I adhered the matted sentiment with some Liquid Glue and went to work on the flower embellishment.
Now – I don’t know a lot about succulents, but…I think this looks like a daisy. Maybe there’s daisy-looking succulents? I love these three little dies – they’re in graduating sizes. I cut three in Whisper White and colored them with the Daffodil Delight Watercolor Pencil. I laid down a lot of color in the center of each flower and then pulled it out with a Blender Pen. Then I cut a large flower in So Saffron and adhered the flowers together with Liquid Glue.
I added a So Saffron Enamel Shape to the middle of the flower, popped it on the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional and that was it for the card front.
On the inside, I stamped a second sentiment from Thankful Thoughts in Melon Mambo on a Whisper White panel. Then I added a few smaller flowers from So Succulent in Tuxedo Black (again using my sticky note masks!) and colored them with the Daffodil Delight Watercolor Pencil.
I SNAILd the panel to a Melon Mambo mat and into my So Saffron card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got a few more So Succulent flowers on the front…
…and then I repeated the card front stamping on the envelope flap using the same exact process! 🙂
Et Voila! This card was really fun to make – I could “see” it as soon as I saw the Mojo sketch. Triple-Time is one of my favorite techniques and it was a kick to change it up a little! And So Succulent worked perfectly! Hope you like!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the products you’ll need to make this one for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: HQYUDT4Z
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016-17 Annual Catalog or the 2016 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
SALE-A-BRATION GOING ON NOW!
For every $50 you spend (before tax and shipping), you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product.
When you host a qualifying party or place an individual order of at least $250 in sales during Sale-A-Bration and you’ll earn $25 more in Stampin’ Rewards than you normally would!! Spend those on Host stamp sets or anything your heart desires.
Let’s look at the details….
- The Starter Kit is, arguably, the bestest ever stampin’ product bundle ever! For just $99, you get to select any products you want with a value of $125 (that’s $26.00 in free product). Your choices can even include bundles – saving you 10% more. But – when you join before 31 Mar 17, during Sale-A-Bration – the world’s bestest bundle gets even better! Because you get to choose two additional stamp sets (excluding Host and SAB sets – but any other set – no matter the price! – is fair game!). Just placed a big order? Use your Stampin’ Rewards to help buy your kit! Oh – and the Kit ships FREE – saving you yet another 10%!
- We both know you’ve got a long wish list! So – once you’re an official member of the family, getcha some of that wish list checked off at a minimum 20% discount – get all the Stampin’ Up! paper, stamps, inks, bundles, and tools you need. AND you’ll earn more free and discounted products thru Stampin’ Rewards and Stampin’ Up! promotions (including free gifts during Sale-A-Bration).
- New Catalogs come out pretty frequently. As a demonstrator, you’ll get to see them first (and FREE) – often months before anyone else! Oh – and order them first, too!! Uhm…score!!
- Maybe you would like to earn a little folding money? Enough to fund your habit, perhaps? Share the product and your beautiful projects with your friends and family! Get together and craft! And….they’re going to want their own goodies, too! Which you’ll be able to help them with! 😉
- Hey – it’s all with no obligation and no downside! To stay active – all you have to do is buy/sell $300 in product each quarter (Oct-Dec, Jan-Mar, Apr-June, Jul-Sep). If you join now, you’re all set thru the end of June!! You’re guaranteed to be active (and get all the benefits and discounts) until the next quarter starts on 1 Jul!!
- If you get that $300 in sales by the end of June, then you’re guaranteed to be an active demonstrator for the next quarter. If you don’t? Well – no big for you! You just put SU! in your rear-view mirror and go on your merry way – and keep everything in the Starter Kit (including the two extra stamp sets!).
- Our team is growing! We’ve got a great group of ladies! And – we’re a part of Amy Koenders’ downline – and that’s a beautiful thing! Amy recruited me and I’ve learned what I know from her. Did you know she’s the #78 Demonstrator in the WORLD?!? Yea – she’s kind of a big deal! We have a Facebook page just for us (Amy’s Inkin’ Krew) and we chat online, have fun challenges with prizes, video chats once a quarter, and generally support each other and have a great time! Even if you don’t “Facebook” – you can do this, and it’s so worth it!
- As part of my team, you’ll get free total access to our online tutorials! Every month brings a new product focus and 5 to 6 projects with all the instructions you’ll need to make them yourself!
- Don’t live in Atlanta? No problem! No matter where in the US you live – you’re most welcome to join my team! Thanks to the internet and cell phones – I’m just an e-mail or phone call away! I’m always ready to help, answer questions, provide a shoulder to vent on….whatever you need! My background instilled in me the value of taking care of my people – and I’m still doing it!
- No workshops, no blogging, no classes – nothing is required! Do it your way – just because you can!
Ready to pull the trigger? I mean…really – where’s the downside? There isn’t one – it’s all UPside!!
Click Join Now or send me an e-mail and we’ll get you all hooked up!
Tomorrow’s another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop – I’ll be back in your inbox at 7am Eastern! Hope you’ll stop by!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
So Saffron Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); large Succulent Framelit die cut flower
Melon Mambo Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 3 1/8″ square (mat for colored middle panel); 1 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ (mat for un-colored middle panel); 2 3/8″ scalloped oval (mat for sentiment)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 3″ square (colored middle panel); 1 3/4″ x 3″ (un-colored middle panel); 2 1/4″ Stitched Shape oval (sentiment); Succulent Framelits die cut flowers
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Very pretty, Mary. I love the triple time stamping! And your created flower is super!