Good morning – it’s time for another installment of the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Blog Hop series. This time around, we’re all doing projects made with products from the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. That’s left it pretty wide open – so there’s no telling what surprises await you on this hop. Be sure to check out all the blogs, okay? 🙂
I got a big ole box of new catalog goodies today! Shoulda taken a picture I guess – that’s what all the good demonstrators do! – but I was just ripping into it like a kid at Christmas!! So much fun! I finally made myself stick all the embossing folders and framelits in their Stamp-N-Storage totes and the stamp sets into their “shelves”….and get busy! I used the new Mixed Borders stamp set and the Petal Burst TIEF for this cute and quick Thank You note. Take a look-see:
I started with a Crumb Cake Note Card and Envelope, just cuz it’s so easy! My blue accents are all Dapper Denim, so I cut a Dapper Denim mat and another piece of Crumb Cake. I ran that piece thru the Big Shot in the new Petal Burst TIEF. Then I went ahead and SNAILd it to the Dapper Denim mat.
For the art piece, I inked up the flower border in Mixed Borders. Stampin’ Up! made this set so that there’s a gap in the design for us to put one of the sentiments included in the set. And it’s Photopolymer, so it’s easy to get everything lined up. Good idea, huh? I stamped it in Dapper Denim on a strip of Crumb Cake card stock. Then I stamped the sentiment in the provided gap. Now…on further reflection as I contemplate that sentiment… I think it was maybe designed to make the “so very much” straight and the “Thank You” crookedy. I went the other way.
In the immortal words of Mr. Bob Ross..”it’s your happy little card, make it however makes you happy”. Well – or something like that!
I gave the flowers some accents with my Signo White Gel Pen and SNAILd it to a Dapper Denim mat. And then to the card front.
The final piece is a little bow, made of a piece of Whisper White Thick Baker’s Twine and a length of Gold Metallic Thread, stuck on with a Glue Dot that I’d sort of rolled in half to make it smaller!
For the inside, I simply repeated the Crumb Cake on Dapper Denim and stamped some more of the Mixed Borders flowers on the side.
I added my white accents and SNAILd it into my Crumb Cake Note Card. Then I SNAILd the card front on and the card was done!
The matching Crumb Cake envelope got a little more Mixed Borders in Dapper Denim and White Gel Pen on the front…
…and on the back flap!
Et Voila! This is a fun little set – with five different borders and a couple of little images to accent them, and four sentiments to mix and match! What a fun idea. I hope that you’ve enjoyed my card – and, now that you’ve seen it, please take a little time to visit all the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew blog hoppers’ pages today!
If you click on the Previous Blog button, you’ll get right to Amy Koender’s blog or click the Next Blog button to go to Jaime Babarczy’s page. Or you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – You are Here!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jun – 15 Jun 16: PPFNSC7V
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog.
June is a GREAT Time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Join in June and receive TWO FREE STAMP SETS (from the brand new catalog!) of your choice (no bundles or kits, sorry!), over and above the items you selection in your Starter Kit! That makes this a really great time to join!
Click the picture and get all the info!
Here are the details for the extra Stampin’ Rewards:
- Hosts who have qualifying events with $350 or more in sales during the promotion period will receive $35 in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
- Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
- Customer, workshop, and online orders all qualify for this promotion. So you don’t have to host a party to get this great reward, just place a $350 or greater order or get a group of your friends who want to order online together and I’ll provide a host code for you to use!
- Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- Extra Stampin’ Rewards earned through this promotion can be redeemed in the “Stampin’ Rewards” section of the ordering process.
- Promotion Period: June 1-30, 2016
- DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ORDERS: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT).
And even better…Remember that Stampin’ Rewards can also be used on Starter Kits. So if your wish list is as long as mine is, why not join and get the discount for yourself?
If you have any questions about joining, feel free to stop by my Join My Team page on my blog or drop me an email at
ALSO IN JUNE!!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Or – you can even use your Stampin’ Rewards towards your Starter Kit!!
Check it out!
That makes this a really great time to join!
- Promotion Period: June 1–30, 2016
- New recruits who join during the promotion period may choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: New recruits must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT
You can see a few more details about becoming a demonstrator and what I offer to my team members on my Join My Team page. All types of demonstrators are welcome!
We’d love to have you on our team!!
Have fun on the hop and I’ll see you tomorrow!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Crumb Cake Note Card and Envelope
Dapper Denim Card Stock: 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″ (Mat for card front and for inner liner); 1 1/8″ x 4 7/8″ (mat for art strip on front)
Crumb Cake Card Stock: 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ (card front and inner liner); 1″ x 4 3/4″ (art strip on front)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!