Good morning, y’all, on this day before the weekend!!
I’ve been packaging up retired goodies and cutting and dividing paper for Catalog Shares and making cards! And making my garden grow!!
“Making” is probably too strong a word, falsely implying some level of gardening skill….hovering while it does its thing is probably more accurate!! Looking forward to garden-fresh tomatoes and the most beautiful green chiles for chile rellenos you’ve ever seen!
My card for today has a bit of a garden theme. I used the brand spanking new stamp set called Vertical Greetings and that’s about it! I love this set – it gives a whole new creative option for us card makers! Take a look-see:
How many times have you wished you could “go vertical” with a sentiment? Well – now you can! 🙂
I started by laying out my mat layers. Then I stamped the topiary image on the center panel of Whisper White card stock. I used Stampin’ Write Markers in Emerald Envy (leaves), Dapper Denim (pot) and Soft Suede (trunk) and colored directly on the stamp. This is a clear stamp set, so I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for all the stamping. So – I stamped my marker-colored topiary first.
Then I SNAILd that to a Flirty Flamingo mat. The sentiment is from two stamps in the Vertical Greetings set – and I stamped them both in Emerald Envy on another panel of Whisper White, using that Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure they were where I wanted them to be. Finally, I SNAILd that to the Emerald Envy mat.
To assemble the card, I wrapped a piece of Flirty Flamingo 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon around my Whisper White card base – securing it with a couple of Glue Dots in the middle of the panel on the front (where it will be covered by my art work). You’ll see how that looks on the inside in just a second.
I SNAILd the matted sentiment onto the card base and then popped the matted topiary panel over that with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The heart is just the top of one of the other stamps in the set, colored with my Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker and then cut with the smallest die in the Sweet & Sassy Framelits set. Then I popped it on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card front was done!
On the inside, I matted a piece of Whisper White on Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy. Then I inked up another topiary image from Vertical Greetings with my Stampin’ Write Markers and stamped it in the center.
It’s plenty light enough to write over – or skinny enough to write around! 😉 There’s the heart image that I used on the front of the card – and you can see that my ribbon is clean and pretty on the top part of the card! I SNAILd the panel into my card base and it was all done!
For my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I stamped the same Heart Topiary on the front…
…and then I stamped another image on the back – across the flap.
Et Voila! I love this new set – it’s got several sentiments to complement the pretty garden-y images, so it’s a great single-stamp-set card maker! I highly recommend adding it to your tool box if you haven’t already!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself! 🙂
PAPER PUMPKIN FLASH SALE GOING ON RIGHT NOW!
Stampin’ Up! is offering a cool one-day-only sale on Paper Pumpkin this Thursday! For new subscribers only, folks who sign up for a subscription will get their first kit for only $5!!
- This offer is open to first-time subscribers only. Discount applies to one kit for June 2016. After the first month, the price for the subscription will return to $19.95 each month.
- Offer ends Friday, June 10 at 11:50 PM (MT). That’s tonight, folks!! 🙂
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions only, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Shipping is Free for Paper Pumpkin kit
- Click right here to get started!!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jun – 15 Jun 16: PPFNSC7V
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
June is a GREAT Time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Join in June and receive TWO FREE STAMP SETS (from the brand new catalog!) of your choice (no bundles or kits, sorry!), over and above the items you selection in your Starter Kit! That makes this a really great time to join!
Click the picture and get all the info!
Here are the details for the extra Stampin’ Rewards:
- Hosts who have qualifying events with $350 or more in sales during the promotion period will receive $35 in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
- Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
- Customer, workshop, and online orders all qualify for this promotion. So you don’t have to host a party to get this great reward, just place a $350 or greater order or get a group of your friends who want to order online together and I’ll provide a host code for you to use!
- Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- Extra Stampin’ Rewards earned through this promotion can be redeemed in the “Stampin’ Rewards” section of the ordering process.
- Promotion Period: June 1-30, 2016
- DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ORDERS: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT).
And even better…Remember that Stampin’ Rewards can also be used on Starter Kits. So if your wish list is as long as mine is, why not join and get the discount for yourself?
If you have any questions about joining, feel free to stop by my Join My Team page on my blog or drop me an email at
ALSO IN JUNE!!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Or – you can even use your Stampin’ Rewards towards your Starter Kit!!
Check it out!
That makes this a really great time to join!
- Promotion Period: June 1–30, 2016
- New recruits who join during the promotion period may choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: New recruits must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT
You can see a few more details about becoming a demonstrator and what I offer to my team members on my Join My Team page. All types of demonstrators are welcome!
We’d love to have you on our team!!
I’ll see you tomorrow!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, score and fold at 5 1/2″); 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (sentiment panel); 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (topiary panel); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Emerald Envy Card Stock: 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (sentiment panel mat); 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (first mat on inside)
Flirty Flamingo Card Stock: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (topiary panel mat); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (second mat on inside)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!