Good morning! Hope your last week before Christmas is going well – getting all your shopping and wrapping and house cleaning and stocking-stuffer-buying and guest-readying and tree-trimming done! I’m almost done here – just mailed two boxes of SU! stuff (the heavy things – paper, punches, ink pads, TIEFs and Thinlits-on-magnetic-cards) home to Atlanta. Just a few more days until I’m homeward bound! 🙂
Today’s share is a birthday card – with a masculine bent. I pulled out Sassy Salutations (which remains one of my very favorite sentiment sets!) and the ever-fun Bow-Builder Punch. Add to that a few cool textures from Timeless Textures – which will be available on 5 Jan with the 2016 Occasions Catalog. Take a look-see:
The design is inspired by the CAS(e) This Sketch Challenge #152. This is a fun one, so be sure to head over and check out all the projects, okay?
I started with a panel of Whisper White card stock and stamped several of the images from the soon-to-be-available Timeless Textures stamp set. I used a couple of the background images and stamped them in Sahara Sand – I stamped each of them off on scrap paper first. Then I picked the splatter image and, still stamping off once, laid on some splotches in Tempting Turquoise.
I added the Sassy Salutations Sentiment, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink over the top of the background images.
Using the fun Bow Builder, I cut the pieces for the bow-tie in Basic Black card stock. I was going to make it all black, but then it seemed like a good idea to pop a little Tempting Turquoise in – so that’s what I did! I adhered it all together with Glue Dots and then used more of them to adhere it to the card front.
I matted the card front on a piece of Basic Black card stock, adhering it with SNAIL, and set it aside.
The inside is a similar arrangement – Whisper White matted on Basic Black with SNAIL. I added some more of the Timeless Textures backgrounds, in stamped-off-once-on-scrap-paper Sahara Sand and Tempting Turquoise across the bottom – and that was it. Super clean and simple!
I SNAILd it into my Tempting Turquoise card base, popped the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals – and the card was done.
For the envelope, I repeated the backgrounds on the front of a Whisper White Medium Envelope….
…and then added a liner with my Envelope Liners Framelits. For the paper, I decided to have a little fun. The card itself is – fun, but kind of….quiet. A little formal. So, I figured the liner could be a little pop of surprise fun – hence….
The It’s My Party DSP seemed like the perfect unexpected touch.
Et Voila! A fun birthday card suitable for any adult XY chromosome in your life! I must say, this is one of my favorite cards. I usually like most of the cards I make (or else…what’s the point?!!), but every once in a while you just kind of hit the sweet spot, you know? And this one did that for me. (She says modestly!) 😉 I hope you like it as well!
You’ve made your list, and checked it twice. Be sure to add these to your list for YOU!
__ Shop The Year End Clearance Sale
__ Buy favorites from the Holiday Retiring List
__ Sign up for 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares!
Tomorrow’s another edition of the Happy Stampers Blog Hop – we go live at 7 am Eastern. Hope we’ll see you then!
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 15 Dec – 21 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 21 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT (Can’t show you the Occasions Catalog products yet – sorry! ;( )
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Tempting Turquoise Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); bow builder center tab
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); bow builder punches
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
It’s My Party DSP: envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 14 Dec 15
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (351 backordered; 2,560 expected)
138402: Silver Metallic Thread (44 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (4,821 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,784 backordered; 3,520 expected)
141054: Éclosion d’amour Photopolymer Stamp Set
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (362 backordered; 6,688 expected)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)