Good morning – today’s share is quick and easy. And quick. Cause I’m whooped tonight – been a long week, crossing too many time zones in too short a time. Looking forward to Sunday doing a whole lotta nuthin’!! 🙂
The Fall Festival was very nice – lots of nice folk walking around. A few stopped and made themselves a little Christmas gift tag – which you’ll see in just a minute! Sold a card or two, and made a lot of contacts. Met several nice ladies who love Stampin’ Up! and went home with catalogs. So…good day all around!
Also met a nice man who sells Pampered Chef – kind of unusual, but cool to see a guy in that business. I’d forgotten how many great products that company has (I sold Pampered Chef many MANY years ago!). I’m now trying to figure out how to do a Facebook show or an online show of some sort. Anyone want in? 😉
I thought my booth ended up looking really good – thanks Amy Koenders for lending me the tablecloths and the cute window display. What do you think?
That’s the booth when we got done setting up on Friday night!
The make-and-takes were simple and cute. Several tiny female humans stopped by first thing in the morning and were ever-so-impressed with the snowflakes, the rhinestones and the washi tape! One little one was gobstopped by the choice of TWO washi tapes. Her eyes got big as saucers. Pretty cute!
As the day went on, full-grown humans stopped by….
…and were able to make their own Christmas tags!
So – I thought I’d share the tag with you right quick. It’s so easy to put together and would make great gift tags. Yes – that’s why I called them Christmas tags! I’m awful clever that way. Take a look-see:
Here’s how to make them.
- Cut 2″ x 4″ blanks from Whisper White Thick Card Stock.
- Cut the banner end using your Triple Banner Punch. Or, if you’re at a Fall Festival, look frantically around for your Triple Banner punch. Realize that you left it at the house because you were half asleep that morning. Use your sample to fussy cut banner ends.
- Choose a tag topper punch – the one above is the Scalloped Tag Topper. I also had my Ornate Tag Topper there and some folks chose that one. Punch the top.
- Stamp Merry Christmas (from Flurry of Wishes) in Night of Navy at the bottom of the tag. I also had Pool Party there – and some folks preferred that. 🙂
- Add your piece of Washi Tape – I had two of the designs from the Winter Wonderland Designer Washi Tape there for them to choose from. Trim the edges of the Washi Tape with your snips.
- Turn the tag over and stamp “To” and “From” from Cozy Christmas in Night of Navy on the back. I ran the sentiment lengthwise so there’d be room to write names.
- Stamp the double snowflake image from Flurry of Wishes, in Pool Party, onto a piece of Whisper White Thick card stock. Punch the snowflakes out with the Snowflake Punch.
- Use a Glue Dot to attach the snowflakes to the tag.
- Add a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the center of each snowflake.
- Double a length of Silver Cording Trim thru the tag top and double it back thru itself to make a tag tie-er on-er!
- If you want to – and I did this while I was sitting at the table at the end of the day – add some Washi Tape to a SU! Clothespin and add it to the tag as a handy way to attach it to a gift!
And that’s all there is to it. You can make a bunch of tag blanks, stamp the snowflake image a bunch of times, and then set up a little assembly line. Quick and easy!
Want to thank all the folks that have already stopped by and left a comment on yesterday’s blog post about what they’re most excited to get when the Stampin’ Up! 15% off all stamps sale starts tomorrow. There’s still some time to get in on the random drawing for the Blog Candy. The contest closes at 5pm eastern time this evening – so don’t delay! Here’s a link right to the page to leave your comment. And here’s what they’re playing for, Bob!
I’ll be using the random number generator to pick a winner and I’ll announce that person’s name on Monday in my Blog post.
Speaking of the 15% off sale…..
- All regular priced stamp sets will be discounted 15% off the retail price from Oct 19-23!! This includes stamps from the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog.
- Bundles, rotary stamps, host sets and clearance rack items are excluded.
- The 15% off stamp sets can be included as part of a Starter Kit (the sale prices will be reflected in the Starter Kit).
And don’t forget that the extra Stampin’ Rewards special is still going on. I’d tell you how much you could save by doing a workshop next week, using your Stampin’ Rewards AND the 15% off in your Starter Kit – but….that’s waaaayyy too complicated for me right now! Let’s just suffice it to say that it’s a lot! 🙂 So, if you’ve ever harbored thoughts of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator – whether as a business endeavor or as a hobby demo…now might very well be the perfect time to take the plunge! Head over here to see more details.
I’ll be back in your Inbox bright and early tomorrow morning. Hope you have a great Sunday – and don’t spend TOO much time picking all the booty you plan to buy on Monday! I’m for sure not going to be doing that…. 😉
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 13 Oct – 19 Oct 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 19 Oct!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
DON’T MISS OUT ON EXTRA STAMPIN’ REWARDS!!
If you place an order of $300 or greater or host a stamping event October 9 – November 9 with at least $300 in sales, you’ll receive an extra 3% in Stampin’ Rewards!! For more details, head over to my Promotions page and check them out.
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Card Cuts Used in Today’s Project
Whisper White Thick Card Stock: 2″ x 4″ (tag blank); snowflake die cuts
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 15 OCT 15
139584: Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper (2,719 backordered; 8,700 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (1,238 backordered; 2,500 expected)
139643: Reindeer Paper Clips (2,697 backordered; 5,040 expected)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (3,967 backordered; 4,200 expected)
139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies (9,285 backordered; 6,930 expected. 3,150 more expected 30 October)
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (930 backordered; 5,040 expected)
139638: Snowflake Elements (890 backordered; 2,052 expected)
138281: Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (248 backordered; 528 expected)
123125: Cherry Cobbler Bakker’s Twine (46 backordered; 2,560 expected)
138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (4,570 backordered; 10,700 expected)
Date to be Determined
139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (8,925 backordered)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (7,866 backordered)
138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (191 backordered)
Love the tag! Love the booth! Love you!!!