Well, good Inauguration Day to y’all! Regardless of how you voted in November, what you think of Mr. Trump and his family, today’s a big day for this country. It’s a pretty big part of what makes us who and what we are. We should all be proud.
And really really glad we’re not in Washington DC!! What a mess that’s going to be, huh? Too many people. And at least half of them not too happy. I’m happy to be far away.
So’s Finn. He’s way too busy doing important dog work to worry about who’s the President.
Or even what a President is! 🙂
He’s been playing with his squeaky toy in the leaves…
His mom, on the other hand, has been busy making cards! Today’s is a card I made for a friend who’s welcoming a new baby. It’s not a traditional looking baby card – just wouldn’t fit her! I used the new Happy Celebrations stamp set and the fun Celebrations Duo TIEFs. Take a look-see:
This layout is a play on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week.
And the color scheme (not a nod to the Atlanta Falcons!) is from this week’s Color Throwdown!
The sentiment is a combination of embossed word and stamped words. I first embossed the Whisper White panel in the Celebrations Duo TIEF. These are really fun embossing folders – they make a negative impression on your card. Once I embossed it, I took the advice of my so-smart upline Amy Koenders and left the card stock in the TIEF. Then I added some Real Red and Smoky Slate circle images from the Happy Celebrations stamp set.
Tip: put the card stock (still in the TIEF for some support behind it) on a squishy mat – and do not press down hard with your stamp. It’s tempting to do that, but it’ll get too much ink inside the embossed image. Just go easy!
Ask me how I know??
Once my colored circles were in place, I used Basic Black Archival Ink to stamp a sentiment from Happy Celebrations. I added a little Real Red to each letter with my Stampin’ Write Marker.
To mat the sentiment panel, I SNAILd a piece of Sending Love DSP to a Real Red card stock mat and SNAILd the sentiment to that. I wrapped a piece of Smoky Slate 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon around the panel. Then I popped the whole thing over the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Did you notice that the sentiment panel is wider than the card front? I thought that would be kind of fun – what think you??
On the inside, I went a little off-book. I embossed the second sentiment word from the Celebrations Duo TIEF set. Then I added more Real Red and Smoky Slate circles. And a couple more cool sentiments from Happy Celebrations in Basic Black Archival Ink, filled in with Real Red.
For my Crumb Cake Medium Envelope, I added more Crumb Cake circles from the Playful Backgrounds stamp set on the front…
…and on the envelope flap…I took a trick from one of my friends in my downline (Thanks, Terry Lynn!) – and used the Celebrations Duo TIEF again. What a fun way to let the recipient know what’s inside!!
Et Voila! Although it’s not soft pastels and covered with “baby” images – I think this card is certainly indicative of the Happy Celebration that is the arrival of a new baby!! But – bonus!! It could also be for other new starts – retirement, new job, new home, new…..?? Hope you like! 🙂
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the products you’ll need to make this one for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: HQYUDT4Z
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016-17 Annual Catalog or the 2016 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
SALE-A-BRATION GOING ON NOW!
For every $50 you spend (before tax and shipping), you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product.
When you host a qualifying party or place an individual order of at least $250 in sales during Sale-A-Bration and you’ll earn $25 more in Stampin’ Rewards than you normally would!! Spend those on Host stamp sets or anything your heart desires.
Let’s look at the details….
- The Starter Kit is, arguably, the bestest ever stampin’ product bundle ever! For just $99, you get to select any products you want with a value of $125 (that’s $26.00 in free product). Your choices can even include bundles – saving you 10% more. But – when you join before 31 Mar 17, during Sale-A-Bration – the world’s bestest bundle gets even better! Because you get to choose two additional stamp sets (excluding Host and SAB sets – but any other set – no matter the price! – is fair game!). Just placed a big order? Use your Stampin’ Rewards to help buy your kit! Oh – and the Kit ships FREE – saving you yet another 10%!
- We both know you’ve got a long wish list! So – once you’re an official member of the family, getcha some of that wish list checked off at a minimum 20% discount – get all the Stampin’ Up! paper, stamps, inks, bundles, and tools you need. AND you’ll earn more free and discounted products thru Stampin’ Rewards and Stampin’ Up! promotions (including free gifts during Sale-A-Bration).
- New Catalogs come out pretty frequently. As a demonstrator, you’ll get to see them first (and FREE) – often months before anyone else! Oh – and order them first, too!! Uhm…score!!
- Maybe you would like to earn a little folding money? Enough to fund your habit, perhaps? Share the product and your beautiful projects with your friends and family! Get together and craft! And….they’re going to want their own goodies, too! Which you’ll be able to help them with! 😉
- Hey – it’s all with no obligation and no downside! To stay active – all you have to do is buy/sell $300 in product each quarter (Oct-Dec, Jan-Mar, Apr-June, Jul-Sep). If you join now, you’re all set thru the end of June!! You’re guaranteed to be active (and get all the benefits and discounts) until the next quarter starts on 1 Jul!!
- If you get that $300 in sales by the end of June, then you’re guaranteed to be an active demonstrator for the next quarter. If you don’t? Well – no big for you! You just put SU! in your rear-view mirror and go on your merry way – and keep everything in the Starter Kit (including the two extra stamp sets!).
- Our team is growing! We’ve got a great group of ladies! And – we’re a part of Amy Koenders’ downline – and that’s a beautiful thing! Amy recruited me and I’ve learned what I know from her. Did you know she’s the #78 Demonstrator in the WORLD?!? Yea – she’s kind of a big deal! We have a Facebook page just for us (Amy’s Inkin’ Krew) and we chat online, have fun challenges with prizes, video chats once a quarter, and generally support each other and have a great time! Even if you don’t “Facebook” – you can do this, and it’s so worth it!
- As part of my team, you’ll get free total access to our online tutorials! Every month brings a new product focus and 5 to 6 projects with all the instructions you’ll need to make them yourself!
- Don’t live in Atlanta? No problem! No matter where in the US you live – you’re most welcome to join my team! Thanks to the internet and cell phones – I’m just an e-mail or phone call away! I’m always ready to help, answer questions, provide a shoulder to vent on….whatever you need! My background instilled in me the value of taking care of my people – and I’m still doing it!
- No workshops, no blogging, no classes – nothing is required! Do it your way – just because you can!
Ready to pull the trigger? I mean…really – where’s the downside? There isn’t one – it’s all UPside!!
Click Join Now or send me an e-mail and we’ll get you all hooked up!
Enjoy your day and I’ll see you tomorrow! 🙂
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
Crumb Cake Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Real Red Card Stock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ (mat for card front); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner); 2 1/2″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for sentiment)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ (card front); 2″ x 4″ (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner);
Sending Love DSP: 2 3/8″ x 4″ (mat under sentiment)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!