Happy Hawmp Day, y’all! Although, for many of us, I suspect this is more like Friday than Hump-Day, huh? Maybe you’re not even working today – to which I say….lucky you! Enjoy your day off and get cookin’! 🙂
To that end, I’ll keep it short as I can, okay? You’ve probably noticed I can get a little long-winded. Sorry about that – I can get on a roll, no doubt!
My share today uses the entire Botanical Blooms Suite from the new Occasions Catalog – the Botanical Blooms Stamp set, the Botanical Builder Framelits and the Botanical Gardens DSP. I threw in a nice little sentiment from the Watercolor Wishes stamp set and….take a look-see:
Perhaps you recall last week I showed you a couple of the make-and-takes we brought home with us from the Onstage Live event? One of them looked like this:
My intent for this card was to add a little bling to this project, and make it into a card. But – I decided to get all fancy and I wanted to play with those new Framelits. And, since it’s me – in the course of getting all fancy, I managed to run my pretty card front thru the Big Shot all cock-a-wampus, and wrinkled the starch out of it. So….I re-created it! But….better!
she says oh-so-humbly…
I started with the same design of the Botanical Gardens DSP and, using Mossy Meadow and the stamps in the Blooming Gardens photopolymer set, I added veins to the leaves on the DSP. Not to all of them – just a few, to add a little depth. I also added a few Crushed Curry (as close as I have here to Hello Honey!) and Cajun Craze stamens and flower centers. This is just the coolest stamp set – you can make all sorts of different kinds of flowers – even ones that probably don’t exist! 😉
I used Crushed Curry and stamped the geometric design – it looks like Washi tape – across the top and bottom of a piece of Whisper White card stock and then SNAILd that to the side of the DSP. I added that to a mat made from the Hello Honey design in the DSP. I was itching to use that vine-y Framelit – so, I ran the whole layered panel thru the Big Shot, with the Framelit in place on the left side. And look what it did! How cool is that?!?
To make the flower arrangement, I cut six more pieces from the Botanical Gardens DSP, using all the fun little dies in the Botanical Builder Framelits. Seriously – look how many you get!
I made 3 leaves, one flower (that die makes two cuts at once – yielding the fun petals! It’s the solid flower shape in the picture up above), and a couple of extra petals and stamens. All out of the DSP!
I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen (I’m getting addicted to that tool!) to stick the leaves to the card front, and to adhere the flower pieces together. Then I popped the flower onto the leaves with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I finished it off with a Botanical Garden Jewel, using a Glue Dot and a dab from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen!
The sentiment is from the fun stamp set that comes in the Watercolor Wishes kit – and is stamped in Mossy Meadow. With that – I set that all aside and worked on the inside.
I used another couple of stamps from Botanical Blooms to create a “flower” that I think probably doesn’t really exist – but I think is cool, so…. 🙂 I stamped the stems in Mossy Meadow and the little flower thingy’s in Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze. I SNAILd it to a mat of the same Hello Honey design from the DSP, and that was that!
I popped the card front onto my almost-square Cajun Craze card base with a bunch of Stampin’ Dimensionals. I cut some of them small and placed them behind the cut out design, to ensure it was supported. And that was it for the card!
The envelope I made is a little big for the card, but that’s okay – it gives it plenty of room. I used a piece of Whisper White Envelope Paper and made an envelope sized for a 5″ x 5″ card – per the measurements on the Envelope Punch Board (I didn’t add the usual 1/8″ to the paper size, since I was already big! If you’ve forgotten how to make/size envelopes and liners using the Envelope Punch Board, be sure to check out my Tutorial here!)
After I put the envelope together, I stamped the geometric design stamp across the bottom of the front of the envelope in Crushed Curry and Cajn Craze….
….and then I added a custom-made liner from the Botanical Garden DSP, using my Envelope Punch Board again.
Et Voila! I love how the one Framelit makes a border when you run it thru the Big Shot – and let’s the Cajun Craze peek thru! Actually, the whole Bundle is just really cool – and it matches yet another set that you can get for FREE when Sale-A-Bration comes to town. So….you can get the whole bundle – stamp set, framelits and the DSP – for just over $50, and then get the coordinating stamp (and it’s a sentiment set!) for FREE. My fave four-letter word! 🙂
I definitely hope that you’re adding the Botanical Garden bundle to your must-have list for when the 2016 Occasions Catalog debuts in January!
In the meantime, don’t miss out on:
- The Online Extravaganza! All the available items are shown below for your shopping convenience.
- DOUBLE Punkin’ Head Rewards program Peppermints while Extravaganza is going on
- The cool Christmas-y Weekly Deals and
- The Retiring Product list!
That’s a lot of shopping! And you never have to leave your house. Or your pajamas!
Tomorrow’s Thanksgiving and the Happy Stampers Blog Hop – so I’ll be back in your inbox a little later than usual – we all go live at 9am Eastern!
DOUBLE PUNKIN’ HEAD REWARD PEPPERMINTS!!
For every $25 or more (before taxes and shipping) ordered thru my Online store during the Online Extravaganza, I’ll give you DOUBLE peppermints (that would be two peppermints!) Just 16 Peppermints yields big rewards – I’m talking’ your choice of product(s) in either catalog valued at $40! Get all the information on my Punkin’ Head Rewards Program here! 🙂
- Dates: November 23-30, 2015
- Two 24-hour flash sales for specific products will happen during this promotion: one on 23 November and one on 30 November.
- Past Paper Pumpkin kits and kit refills in Online Extravaganza are available for purchase by subscribers and non-subscribers.
- You choose the special bundle item codes provided for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will not be applied if individual component item numbers are entered separately. Bundles featured in Online Extravaganza will exist only during Online Extravaganza.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will range from 20 to 50 percent.
- Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
- All order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online) qualify for the Online Extravaganza discounted items and bundles.
- North America markets are participating in this promotion. Europe and South Pacific markets are not participating because this promotion was designed around a cultural event in North America.
- Sale is while supplies last – so tarry not!
Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Now that you’ve read the fine print, here’s the list of items on sale during this special event!
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 24 Nov – 30 Nov 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 30 Nov!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Cajun Craze Card Stock: 4 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 3/4″)
Whisper White Card Stock: 2″ x 4 1/4″ (front panel); 4 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (inner liner)
Botanical Gardens DSP: 4 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ (Hello Honey – front and inner liner mats); 4 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (flower-dy card front); envelope liner; die cuts
Whisper White Envelope Paper: 8 1/8″ square
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 24 NOV 15
139638: Snowflake Elements (9,680 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140436: Saison de fêtes Photopolymer Stamp Set
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (3,669 backordered; 10,440 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (811 backordered; 4,224 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (852 backordered; 3,024 expected)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (1,654 backordered; 4,740 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (8,157 backordered; 9,792 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (2,928 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (1,233 backordered; 3,520 expected)