This tutorial will step you thru making a fun four-panel 3-D card – that stands up (and out!) and yet still fits nicely in a Medium Envelope (A2 size). It looks complicated – but it’s super easy! 🙂
Here we go
1. Cut your base card stock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Across the long side, score at 2 1/8″, 4 1/4″, and 6 3/8″
2. Fold and gently burnish each of the scored lines.
3. Using the same color card stock, cut a 1″ x 5 1/2″ strip and score it down the center – long-wise:
4. Fold it in half and set it aside
5. Cut your decorative panels, your sentiment panel and the mats. The decorative and sentiment panels are cut to 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ and the mats are cut to 2″ x 5 3/8″.
6. Adhere the decorative and sentiment panels to the mats. You can use SNAIL or Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
7. At this point, if you plan to do any stamping on any of these panels for your design – now’s the time to do it! 🙂
8. Adhere the panels to the scored and folded card base – again, use SNAIL or Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. It doesn’t really matter what order you adhere them to the card – it’ll all work out in the end!
9. Pull out the little strip that you made up in step 4. Use Fast Fuse or Tear and Tape Adhesive and run it up one side of the little strip.
10. Stick the little strip onto the back of one edge of the card base.
11. Then run the Fast Fuse or Tear and Tape Adhesive on the other side of the small strip
12. Turn the whole thing over and fold the card in half, securing the other end to the side of the strip that you just stuck the sticky stuff on! Take your time on this step and make sure that all the edges line up correctly – it’ll help it be straight and pretty!
The result will look like this when you open it up – you can see the little strip in the top corner of the box in the picture below:
13. Next – cut two 1″ Circles (use a 1″ Circle Punch) out of the same card stock as your card base. Score and fold each one of them in half.
14. Put some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue on just one side of each of the circles.
15. You’re going to adhere them fold-to-fold on the side of the box (on a fold!) opposite the sentiment panel of the card. Like so:
16. Cut a 2 3/8″ Circle and a 2 1/2″ Circle. The 2 1/2″ Circle should be in the same color as your panel mats (in the case of this example – Mint Macaron). The 2 3/8″ Circle could be any coordinating color you choose – if it makes you happy, use it! 🙂
17. SNAIL the circles together – and decorate them to your hearts content!
18. Once your circle is prettified to your satisfaction, then you’re going to stick it on the card. To do that, go back to the two little circles that you adhered to the card in step 15. Put some more Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue on the exposed halves of the circles.
19. Stick the completed circle onto the glued-up circles – thus adhering it to the card. Note: if you do this before you decorate your circle, fear not! It’s quite doable to decorate after you assemble – it’s just a little more persnickety!
So – that’ll do it – this is way easier than the kind of large number of steps would lead you to believe – so please do give it a try! 🙂
When you stand the card up….it will stand up on its own, and the circle will “pop” out! Here’s a couple of examples – you can click on the pictures to get decorating specifics for both cards!