Happy Sunday, y’all! Hope your weekend has been going well. To any of you who may have been affected by the tornadoes over the weekend – my thoughts and prayers are with you! 🙁
If you were able to join me last night for my Facebook Live, I appreciate you spending part of your weekend with me. If not, but you’d like to watch the replay on YouTube – here ’tis!
I decided that I need some more Christmas cards and couldn’t think of a prettier card than one that uses the Poinsettia Petals stamp set with the coordinating Poinsettia Dies (these are in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog!). And I put the big bold flower on some gray woodgrain from the new Heart & Home DSP (coming SOON in the Jan -Jun 2022 Mini Catalog!). Take a look-see:
I used the photo from The Card Concept for my inspiration! I’d categorize this as a Freestyle Collage card!
And the color palette is from the Global Design Project challenge.
I started by adhering a piece of the new Heart & Home DSP on Cherry Cobbler for the card front.
Using the pine bough stamp in the Poinsettia Petals set, I stamped several boughs in Garden Green.
I inked the three larger petals images in the set in Versamark ink and stamped them on a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Then I sprinkled them with gold Embossing Powder and heat embossed them with my Heat Tool. When the embossing was cool, I cut them with their matching dies in the Poinsettia Dies.
I pulled out the Brushed Metallic Cardstock and cut four berries with the die in the Poinsettia die set. I cut two each in bronze and copper. I adhered them to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I cut some Poinsettia Dies holly leaves from Mint Macaron card stock – two large and a small – with the embossing die in place (this adds “veins” to the leaves as you cut them!).
I colored the leaves with my Dark Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blend and then added them to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I used Liquid Glue to stack the poinsettia petals up into a flower and then adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I stamped the Poinsettia Petals sentiment in Cherry Cobbler on another piece of woodgrain paper from Heart & Home DSP. This pattern is the narrower-plank design (it’s the one with the Garden Green floral pattern on the other side, if you’re wondering).
I cut the sentiment with Paper Snips – cutting out a “plank”. I edged the “plank” with my Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker – then I embossed it in the Timber 3D Embossing Folder and cut a banner end with my snips.
I lightly curled the sentiment and used Liquid Glue to adhere it to the card front. Tip – I used the glue just under the left end of the banner and under the “is” in Christmas. That helped to keep the curl in place!
I cut two tiny flower Poinsettia petals from the gold Brushed Metallic Cardstock and adhered them with Liquid Glue, covering the left end of the sentiment.
I added a large Pumpkin Pie gem from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels and a few small, gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots here and there, and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped the Poinsettia Petals pine bough twice in Garden Green on a Basic White panel. Then I stamped the berries image in Versamark, sprinkled it with gold Embossing Powder and heat set it. Then I used my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker to color the berries. I added a gold Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dot.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Cherry Cobbler mat and into my Basic Gray card base, popped the card front on with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the pine boughs and berries on the front – the berries are stamped in Cherry Cobbler and colored with the Light Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend…
…and more of the Heart & Home DSP – stamped with the pine boughs and berries! – on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I love poinsettias for Christmas, don’t you? And the Poinsettia Petals – with the coordinating Poinsettia Dies – give you everything you need to create gorgeous flowers (and THESE aren’t toxic for your pets like the REAL ones are!!). The flower is particularly perfect placed on the Heart & Home DSP woodgrain, don’t you think?
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts you’ll need are down below!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 1 DEC – 15 DEC: QTE4W7GK
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The December Tutorial features the Plentiful Plants Bundle!
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
I’m offering a Designer Series Paper share from the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog and I’d love to have you join – it’s a GREAT way to get a little smackerel of all the pretty new papers – Designer Series and Specialty!! I’ll place my share order first jump on 4 January 2022 and use the expedited shipping option so I SHOULD be able to have the shares cut, bundled and back out to you during the week of 10 January!
You can head over to my Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalog Shares page here for all the deets and a handy form to complete if you’d like to join!
Would you like to build up your Stampin’ Up! tool chest a little at a time? Would you like to also receive host benefits? An Online Host Club might be the perfect solution for you!
Each club consist of three folks doing two consecutive three-month terms. Each person commits to buying $50 before shipping and tax each month.
You sign up for two consecutive 3-month terms and commit to:
- A $50.00 minimum order each month
- Placing your order by the 20th of each month
- Using the Host code for each month that I send to you in an email at the beginning of each month
What are the other bennies of a Host Club?
- At least a $150.00 Workshop order during EACH of your host months! You’ll get to be the Host TWICE – but…there’s no extra work for you. I do the work – you get all the host benefits!
- Which means you’ll have at least $15.00 of Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on the exclusive Host Stamp Sets, or any other current Stampin’ Up! product during your host months. Stampin’ Rewards are Stampin’ Up!-speak for “free money”!
- You’ll earn DOUBLE PEPPERMINTS on your Host Club Orders. Each $50 order earns 4 reward points, a $75 order earns you 6 reward points, etc. You’ll earn at least 24 reward points during your membership, meaning you’ll automatically earn at least ONE $40 Peppermint rewards gift! (Remember – when you gather up 16 Peppermints, you get to select a free reward gift valued up to $40!). You can get more info about my Punkin’ Heads Customer Rewards Program right here.
- You’ll receive a FREE monthly tutorial with 4-5 projects and access to all previous tutorials for the duration of the club. Right now, there are over FIFTY tutorials available only to Online Host Club members. That’s around TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY not-seen-on-our-blogs projects for you to use as inspiration (and they ALL have all the card cuts and instructions!)
- Access to my Two Weekly Zoom The Craftroom online Zoom Parties – where you can come craft and chat with me and other customers!
- FREE catalogs during your membership term
- FREE shipping in your TWO Host Months
- A FREE STAMP SET of your choice valued up to $25 at the end of each “term”, any current set (excluding host sets)! That’s TWO free stamp sets in six months!
- At the end of the full 6 months, you’ll get first dibs at signing up for the next 6 month term!
When you join the club – you’ll commit to the full six months – in two consecutive three-month increments. Like I said above, this is a great time to join a club – with the new Jan – Jun 2022 Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration getting ready to kick off in January!
Don’t delay – I’ll try to accommodate as many folks as are interested but…there ARE limited spaces available!
If you want to join us or if you have ANY questions about how it would work…please drop me a note at email@example.com!
A Special Holiday Bundle from Stamp-N-Storage!
Y’all know that I’m a pretty big S-N-S fan, right? Well – whether you’re an old-hand at the S-N-S game or just starting your organizing journey – this is a GREAT way to start (or bolster!) your collection! Check out the Creative Crate Bundle – with the Creative Crate and FOUR more foundational products to help you corral your creative tools!
The Creative Crate Bundle is a limited offer only available until December 23, 2021. This exciting special saves 20% OFF* the included 6×7 Magnet Cards, Storage Pockets, Stamp Cards and Card Dividers.
The Creative Crate Bundle includes:
*Discount is already applied to the bundled price. When you purchase the Creative Crate Holiday Bundle you’re receiving 20% OFF the included 6×7 Magnet Cards, Storage Pockets, Stamp Cards, and Crate Dividers. Discount does not apply to medium Creative Crate.
PLEASE NOTE: I do receive a small affiliate fee when you use my Stamp-n-Storage shopping links. But – you’ve seen plenty of pictures of my stamping space – both at home and when I’ve traveled! – and you KNOW that I am a HUGE fan and love their quality products!! I recommend them to everyone!
Jul – Dec 2021 Mini Catalog Last Chance Products Sale
Starts: 1 December 2021 at 12:00 AM (MT)
Ends: 3 January 2022 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- There’s a Retiring List (products that will no longer be available once the catalog retires) and a Carryover List (products that will still be available once the catalog retires).
- The Carryover List will be available online until the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog launches.
- Look for discounts up to 50% on SOME (not all) of the items on the Retiring List.
- All products are available while supplies last, and there are no purchase limits.
- Discounted items can be added to a Starter Kit and redeemed as a 50% off item or with Stampin’ Rewards.
See which products will still be available after the July–December 2021 Mini Catalog retires.
Please be sure to note the asterisks, okay? Some of the carryover items will not be available right away – but will be back in the next Mini Catalog next summer!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Basic Gray Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base)
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (x2 – mats for card front and for inner liner); Poinsettia die cut flower pieces
Mint Macaron Cardstock: Poinsettia die cut holly leaves
Brushed Metallic Cardstock: Poinsettia die cut small flower centers (x2); Poinsettia die cut berries (x4)
Basic White Cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Heart & Soul DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 1″ x 3 5/8″ (fussy cut strip for sentiment); 3″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Just a dog. Contemplating his life.
Solving the questions that have been plaguing dogs for all time.
Like…why is mom giving me HALF bones these days? Are squirrels actually from this planet? Why do…birds…suddenly appear?!?