Happy Happy Hawwmp Day!! And welcome to another edition of the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop. I hope you’ll sit down and spend a little time with us – regardless of where YOU are in the world! 🙂 I know you’re going to see some awesome projects!
Like most hops, we have a theme each month – and this month’s is “Tag Team”! Which means – we all created two coordinating projects!
I decided to create a little…table decor! When we have holiday meals with our friends, we usually do buffet style – with the silverware laying on the counter (on in a Red Solo Cup – TK would be proud!). I decided I’d contribute something fun to the mix (in addition to the normal two-dozen deviled eggs!). So…I pulled out a Mini Coffee Carrier and a couple of Mini Coffee Cups. Plus…the Warm Hugs bundle and some Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP. Take a look-see!
And – the Fall theme called for leaves – so…works well with the Just Us Girls Word Week challenge!
I started with one of the fun Mini Coffee Carriers that I decorated with some matted Gilded Autumn DSP. I matted two different coordinating Cajun Craze designs on Early Espresso and adhered them to the side of the carrier with Liquid Glue. Tip: do this while the carrier is flat!
Then I opened the carrier and folded the bottom flaps in – that’s all there is to it. I DID use a little Liquid Glue under the flaps on the inside of the bottom – just to make it a little sturdier!
I decorated two Mini Coffee Cups using two different Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP designs. Each cup takes two of the “wrap” die cuts in the Warm Wraps set. I used Tear & Tape Adhesive on the little tabs to adhere the two pieces together.
To create the scalloped edges, I used Early Espresso card stock and – for each cup – cut two of the longer scallop dies and two of the shorter ones. I adhered them to the inside of the wraps with Liquid Glue.
Then I wrapped the wrap around the cup, securing it with Tear & Tape on the second tab. I also ran a little Liquid Glue on the inside of the wrap to help it stay up.
Using Glue Dots, I adhered Copper 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon (from the Basketweave and Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack) around the top and bottom scallop.
I did that for both cups – and moved on to the coordinating tag! 🙂
I cut a 2″ wide piece of Crumb Cake and punched one end in the Banner Triple Punch and the other in the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Then I embossed it in one of the Warm Textures Embossing Folders.
I stamped the Warm Hug sentiment in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla and cut it with a smooth-edge Layering Circles Die.
I used a larger circle Stitched Shapes Die to cut a piece of Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP. And I used the hexagon die in the Warm Wraps Die set to cut an Early Espresso piece. I adhered that to the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP circle with Liquid Glue – then popped the sentiment on with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I used the two leaf punches in the Autumn Punch Pack to cut out some leaves from the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP and then adhered them under the sentiment with Liquid Glue.
I ran a length of Early Espresso 1/4″ Faux Suede Trim around the handle of the Mini Coffee Carrier and thru the slot at the top of the tag, tied a little bow and…done!
So…if you’re going to use this as a display item like I did…
– here’s a little tip. I put a couple of plastic SU! embellishment containers in the bottom of the carrier and then set the cups on top. That raises them up enough that their pretty decoration is visible!
Et Voila! What do you think? A little prettier than a Red Solo Cup, huh? Sorry, TK – you know I’m right! The Warm Hugs bundle with the Warm Wraps dies is perfect for whipping up gift giving goodies…
…especially when paired up with the Mini Coffee Carriers and Coffee Cups! I think I’ll plan to do a video on these in the next couple of weeks – Christmas themed, perhaps?? So – be watching for that!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. As I said earlier – we’ve got folks from across the globe…
If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Shel Anderson’s page. Or – you can click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Angela Meiritz-Reid – NZ
Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
Cazz Boylan – AU
Cheryll Miller – AU
Satomi Wellard – JP
Melissa Gifford – AU
Danielle Kassing – NL
Aurélie Fabre – FR
Mikaela Titheridge – UK
Angie McKenzie – US
Mary Deatherage – You Are Here! 🙂
Shel Anderson – CA
Chris Smith – US
Anne Marie Hile – US
Brenda Nelson – CA
Tricia Butts – US
Elaine de Montmorency – CA
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – US
Teri West – US
Cheryl Hamilton – US
Have fun on the hop! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Mini Coffee Carrier and Mini Coffee Cups
Early Espresso Card Stock: 2 1/4″ x 5 5/8″ (x 2 – mats for long side of carrier); 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ (x 2 – mats for short side of carrier); Warm Wraps die cut hexagon on tag
Crumb Cake Card Stock: 2″ x 4 1/4″ (tag)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 1 3/8″ Layering Circle (sentiment)
Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP: 2 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ (x 2 – long side of carrier); 2 1/8″ x 2 5/8″ (short side of carrier); 2 3/8″ Stitched Shapes circle (on tag)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFF’s on Blog Hop Days!