Mornin’, y’all! Hope you’ve got a good weekend ahead of you! Ours is a little mundane – but there’s goodness in mundane, isn’t there? Call it routine, call it a rut – or call it…just life! It’s a good thing to have and that’s what we’re going to have some of this weekend – just life! Here’s hoping the same for you!
My card for today would be perfect to send to your best friend, your Mom, your sister – pretty much anyone that you’re grateful is in your life. It uses the so-pretty Heart Happiness stamp set and a sentiment (plus a few other goodies) from the Petal Palette bundle. Take a look-see:
I used a sketch, color and inspiration photo challenge to help me with this one. The first, a sketch challenge from the Freshly Made Sketches, lent a hand with the layout.
And for the colors, check out the Color Throwdown this week.
And – I selected the heart shape and image thanks to the inspiration photo from the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge.
I started with a Crumb Cake panel and, with Crumb Cake ink, stamped two of the small Heart Happiness stamp set images all over the panel.
On a piece of scrap Whisper White, I stamped the flower-laden heart from Heart Happiness in Crumb Cake. Then I used my Light and Dark Pool Party and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends to color the image. I cut it with a handy die from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits.
The second heart was cut with another die from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits from Pool Party card stock, then embossed in the flowery folder in the Petal Pair TIEF set. I adhered it to the stamped Crumb Cake panel and used my Stampin’ Trimmer to trim off a little bit of the edge.
Then I Fast Fuse’d the panel to a Pool Party mat and wrapped a piece of Pool Party 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon around it, securing it in the back with Fast Fuse. Over that, I popped the flowered-y heart with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For my sentiment, I chose one from the Petal Palette stamp set and stamped it in Crumb Cake on Whisper White. Then I cut it out with the banner die from the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
Using the geometric die in the Petals & More Thinlits, I cut a piece from Crumb Cake and one from Pool Party and adhered them together with a little Liquid Glue. Over the stack, I added the sentiment banner with Liquid Glue. Around one end I wrapped some Linen Thread, tieing it off in a simple knot. I used some Liquid Glue and a couple of Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the whole thing to the card front.
I added one little Linen Thread bow and the card front was done!
On the inside, I layered three pieces of card stock – a Pool Party and Crumb Cake mat created the first two layers. On the Crumb Cake, I added more of the Heart Happiness images in Crumb Cake around the edges. Then I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp a second sentiment from Petal Palette in Crumb Cake on a Whisper White panel. I added another of the little flowers – coloring it with my Stampin’ Blends.
I Fast Fuse’d the whole thing into my Whisper White card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more of the small Heart Happiness images across the front – colored with my Pool Party and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Markers (to avoid the bleed-thru of the Blends!)…
…and I added the large flower-filled heart to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I love this color scheme – especially for the Heart Happiness images – I really think it’s quite lovely! I also really like the sentiments from the Petal Palette stamp set and they go so well with the Heart Happiness! Hope you like!
P.S Calling all crafters…calling all crafters…the Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew is growing! Come on and join the fun, won’t you? Start with a Starter Kit (says the Department of Redundancy Department!) and then keep cashing in with TWO extra free stamp sets and build yourself the ultimate bundle. And unlock the key to 20% off EVERYTHING!! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: DXQNA92T
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Get in on the Ultimate Bundle!
What if you could get anything you wanted – from the Annual Catalog, the Occasions catalog, the Clearance rack? And what if you could get it with like…a 45% savings? And – what if, after you bought that Ultimate Bundle, you could THEN get 20-25% off Every. Single. Thing.
I think you’d be pulling out that credit card!
I am, of course, talking about the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit! It truly is the Ultimate Bundle.
ESPECIALLY right now during Sale–A-Bration.
Let’s look at some facts.
- You spend $99 – and you pick any products you want (the products you pick are 100% up to you!) for a value of $125.
- Because it’s Sale-A-Bration, you ALSO get ANY two stamp sets…FREE. So…if you picked…say…the Letters For You stamp set and the Wood mount Flourishing Phrases – that’s another $99 worth of free goodness!
- Every order thereafter…you save 20%. On everything. And, play your cards right (see what I did there?) you can parlay that to a 25% discount.
- There’s no obligation to sell. Advertise. Blog. Do workshops. Attend events. Do craft shows. Nothing!
- If you meet your quarterly quota – you remain a demonstrator. And keep saving that money!
- If you don’t? Well…you go on your merry way with about $225 worth of goodies tucked in your craft stash. No commitment – no penalty!
- Joining the Critters-N-Creating Krew team is easy – and we are building a great little community of folks who love to stamp and create! We have a fun and exclusive FB page that we share with the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew. We chat and share our projects there. We also have monthly virtual team meetings and quarterly meetings where those of us in the area all get together to have lunch and make fun projects!
- Our team is a mix of folks who joined to get the discount (Hobby Demos) and those who are pursuing a business! So whatever YOUR goal is – you’re most welcome!
- You’ll be joining a super company that’s been around for 30 years! Yep – 2018 is our 30th Anniversary and there’s big happenings in store throughout the year – what a great time to get in on the fun!
- Joining is easy to do – just click here and head on over the Online application! And – if you have any questions while you’re there – or before you go! – drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Sale-A-Bration is a pretty big deal, y’all! Check out all the information over on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions page!
Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Special Bundle Sale!
Check out all my special bundles at my Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Bundles page and fill out the form you’ll find there. There are descriptions of each bundle as well as pictures!
Do you love free stuff? We thought so, cuz…hello? Free!!
So, let me let you in on a little-known fact: You can earn Sale-A-Bration rewards when you purchase a 3-, 6-, or 12- month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. In fact, purchasing prepaids may be the best and easiest way to earn free Sale-A-Bration products—especially if you’re new to papercrafting and find the catalog a little intimidating!
Here’s the deets:
Ready to get started? Click right here and you’ll be on your way!
Hope you know what you want for your Sale-A-Bration Freebie! 🙂
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ (inner liner); Heart Happiness heart on front
Pool Party Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); Sweet & Sassy Framelits die cut heart; Petals & More Thinlits die cut
Crumb Cake Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and mat for inner liner); Petals & More Thinlits die cut
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Folks – today I have a glamour shot for you of the Man.
Hold on to yer horses, cuz he’s giving it all he’s got!
Smile for the camera!
A man and
his my dog – it’s a beautiful thing!